Rate the Rush song: The Big Money  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Rush song: The Big Money

• ★☆☆☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★

Sometimes I think the guys in Rush are clueless about what the fans really want. Gene Simmons from Kiss once said, "without the fans, you are nothing". I can respect being artistically driven and ambitious and trying new things but this era in the mid to late 80s and early 90s was way too much for me. They went WAY too far off center in a different direction for too long. Neil once said "if he were a fan, Power Windows would be a favorite album because it's richly textured". Huh? The sound of hard rock/metal was changing and evolving during this time and the guitar sound was getting heavier and crunchier. But Rush's guitar sound was disappearing.

Geddy, Alex, and Neil, if you're reading this,...you are a progressive hard rock power trio. A power trio, not a power duo. You're not The Human League, A Flock Of Seagulls, Kajagoogoo, or A-Ha. When I think of rock, I think of guitar, not keyboards. The album cover of A Show Of Hands shows a cartoon person (supposed to be Geddy) playing a keyboard. What's up with that?

I'm just venting.

They are not reading this.

The Synth Era brought in more fans than :rush: lost. I remember people getting on board the :rush: train during this era. Then going back through the catalogue to Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves. Then 2112 and Fly By Night. Then I'd nodd approvingly saying "see I told you :rush: was great".

I gave it 3. I like it now. But when I was young and transitioning through the catalog and made it to PoW and as soon as I heard the cheesy intro i HATED it in bold. Im glad I came back around to the Pow material because of the clockwork tour because I never gave it a fair shake simply because of how much I hated the intro to BIg Money

The Big Money is one of the worst songs Rush ever wrote.

I'd rank it lower than You Bet Your Life and Neurotica.

Which is funny to me as I love the rest of Power Windows!

My eyes popped out with your first sentence.

They popped back in when the two weak songs in the second sentence were mentioned.

I'm canceling your log-in credentials. You can now spend more time at the BonJoviFan.com forum.

I'm canceling your log-in credentials. You can now spend more time at the BonJoviFan.com forum.

Good. They have a better singer.

Good. They have a better singer.

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! I demand satisfaction!

it's okay, i think it's a little bit overrated but i still enjoy it when im in the mood for it.