Which Neil Peart book is the best?

toddlimelight

Any thoughts on which Neil Peart book is the best? I liked Travelling Music. Although they're all well written, and offers a glimpse into the life of the Master, I thought they were all kinda boring...almost like a diary. Unnecessary details about what he had for dinner.

I read Ghost Rider and nearly jumped off a bridge. I can't risk another book.

:LOL: No ice picks were handy I take it...

I only read Ghost Rider. It was okay but I guess it's just not my kind of book. I have been tempted to read the most recent one but not sure if it will make me sad or pissed off so haven't taken a chance on it yet. :D
  • Like 2

Of the ones that I've read, Masked Rider seemed to be the only one blessed with an editor, so that would be my pick.

I find his writing to be stiff, self-involved and awkward. But maybe that's what he's going for! :LOL:

If NP had a no-nonsense editor, his books would be more enjoyable to read/sit through. Otherwise it's like reading a long-winded blog.

:finbar:

• Like 2

Of the ones that I've read, Masked Rider seemed to be the only one blessed with an editor, so that would be my pick.

I find his writing to be stiff, self-involved and awkward. But maybe that's what he's going for! :LOL:

If NP had a no-nonsense editor, his books would be more enjoyable to read/sit through. Otherwise it's like reading a long-winded blog.

My guess is the editor gives up trying to read it and just tells Neil, "It's great. Let's get it to market!"

• Like 3

My guess is the editor gives up trying to read it and just tells Neil, "It's great. Let's get it to market!"

He writes like he talks. No internal editor either.

Masked Rider for me.

I thought it was very good. Peart is a drummer first and writer second and I think some here are a tad over critical. He writes autobiographical travel books and his attention to detail is appropriate to the genre.

Clockwork Angels is awful. I am amazed he got involved because he certainly knows what a good author is.

• Like 1

Masked Rider for me.

I thought it was very good. Peart is a drummer first and writer second and I think some here are a tad over critical. He writes autobiographical travel books and his attention to detail is appropriate to the genre.

Clockwork Angels is awful. I am amazed he got involved because he certainly knows what a good author is.

The R in Tony R stands for Rider...

The Order Of The Phoenix.

Oh, wait...you're not talking about Voldemort.

• Like 2