The Haken Thread

Tick

Nice!

I wasn't expecting a new album from them yet. It doesn't feel like the last one was that long ago. A welcomed surprise.

They wanted to make Vector a double album, but Inside out said no. So they did a shorter one, and set out to write a follow up last year. I think this is a really cool way to spread out the work without overbearing the listener with a mammoth-like release.

• Like 2

Haken have never really...impressed me before.

I won't deny how much I bloody love this new single though!

WOW

Haken is the fastest moving, most precise Sludge Metal I've ever heard.

I don't know how I feel about this band. I appreciate their talent and songwriting. Think my biggest problem is that they always sound like they're playing in drop D. Otherwise I'd play these guys as much as I play DT.

Edited by grep

I don't know how I feel about this band. I appreciate their talent and songwriting. Think my biggest problem is that they always sound like they're playing in drop D. Otherwise I'd play these guys as much as I play DT.

Sludge metal?

We are not hearing the same thing at all. They are straight up prog metal through and through.

• Like 2

Sludge metal?

We are not hearing the same thing at all. They are straight up prog metal through and through.

Same. No sludge going on here at all!

• Like 1

Maybe djent isn't your thing. Their heavier sound is usually djent-like, but it's very prog inbetween.

• Like 1

I love this band. My only regret is that I didn't discover them sooner.
  • Like 1

Both guitarists play 8-string guitars, and the bassist plays a 6-string. So, way lower than drop-D. Fairly standard for modern prog metal.

I've had the album for a few weeks now. If you liked Vector, you'll enjoy Virus A LOT!!!!

I thought I read that they were working on these albums at the same time, so that makes sense.

• Like 1

Both guitarists play 8-string guitars, and the bassist plays a 6-string. So, way lower than drop-D. Fairly standard for modern prog metal.

Holy Sugar! Wait! A new Haken album??? I am asleep at the wheel. I love this band. I have everything by them. Japanese pressing! Yes I'm a fool but give me my progressive rock drool!!!!

• Like 1

Holy Shit! The cover looks like Coronavirus. Minus a bottle.

Wow!!!

I already tried to find the Japanese pressing. It doesn't exist yet.

I instantly thought I jumped the gun like I usually do.

I thought this was the VAN HAKEN Thread.

Kidding 73.

That bad joke is for you!

Holy Sugar! Wait! A new Haken album??? I am asleep at the wheel. I love this band. I have everything by them. Japanese pressing! Yes I'm a fool but give me my progressive rock drool!!!!

New album on June 5th, man. Pre-order that shit.

• Like 1

New album on June 5th, man. Pre-order that shit.

Hahaha!!! Hell yes my friend!!!! DONE!

Can't wait!!!!!

PROG ON 73!!!!!!

Hey 73, my stress levels are a lot lower without baseball. Lol!

It should have been A's and Yanks in the ALCS this year! HAHA!

• Like 1