Your choice: Rush epics or Rush radio-friendly tunes?

Texas King

Your choice: Rush epics or Rush radio-friendly tunes?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice: Rush epics or Rush radio-friendly tunes?

• epics (2112, Xanadu, Necromancer, Natural Science, The Camera Eye, Fountain of Lamneth, La Villa, Cygnus I and II)
    • radio-friendly tunes(Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Red Barchetta, Closer to the Heart, Fly by Night, The Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Subdivisions)

The epics. Not even close. The epic songs listed in the poll are probably by nine favorite songs (maybe throw AFTK or Jacobs Ladder in there).
  • Like 4

I really like most of the epics, but The Necromancer, The Fountain of Lammeth, and Hemispheres are, in my opinion, garbage. That being said, I happen to enjoy most, if not all, of the radio staples. I am a hardcore fan, but at the end of the day, I can't vote for the epics. :no:

Personally I don't think the "Radio Friendly" title really works, as that's implying that over 90% of their entire catalogue is "Radio Friendly" which is simply not true.

That being said, while I love the epics dearly, I have to go with all the other songs simply because there are more of them, and as a collection just much more enjoyable.

Also Fountain Of Lamneth is ok, Hemispheres is repetitive, and that really leaves 2112 and a few 10 minute pieces which are good but not as good as the rest of their catalogue.

The epics are not as grand as other bands. Even Kansas have better tunes.

So...radio friendly.

For voting, I decided by picking, and choosing "Epics". With "Xanadu" at #1, "the Camera Eye" at #3, and "Jacob's Ladder" at #2, always being in my top three favorite Rush songs. The radio friendly songs come, and are close, though. Edited by Derek19

I wouldn't want to give either of them up, but TSOR is the only shorter tune to crack my Rush top 5, so epics it is.

La Villa Strangiato and Natural Science are epics, so I choose epics. I'm not counting Circumstances or Freewill as radio-friendly, they're too smart and cool for radio, so I can keep them.

La Villa Strangiato and Natural Science are epics, so I choose epics. I'm not counting Circumstances or Freewill as radio-friendly, they're too smart and cool for radio, so I can keep them.

:LOL:

I heard Freewill twice this week on the car radio. Reno loves RUSH!

• Like 1

:LOL:

I heard Freewill twice this week on the car radio. Reno loves RUSH!

UK radio has gone in a different direction :rage:
  • Like 1

i wish we had gotten to hear the green knight song that neil was working on but never came together. could have been truely epic.

Didn't the music essentially become Natural Science?