You Bet Your Life Question

prolix

I think REM are for people that don't like music.

30 somethings with nice jobs and a nice house and little happy family unit in suburbia, with a lovely state of the art stereo.

Except they have no records, so they think of something that they think might be "cool" and buy records by REM, U2, Dido and Sinead O'Connor, for their equally nuclear friends to think they are cutting edge

Perfect music for those who have no idea.

Happy shiny people

Right when I forget that you're full of shit you come back and post something that reminds me that you're full of shit. This is not sarcasm. This is me telling you I think you're full of shit.

Yes Johnny I am full of shit

Now what was your point about REM please?

30 somethings with nice jobs and a nice house and little happy family unit in suburbia, with a lovely state of the art stereo.

Except they have no records, so they think of something that they think might be "cool" and buy records by REM, U2, Dido and Sinead O'Connor, for their equally nuclear friends to think they are cutting edge

Happy shiny people

Complete and uttter idiocy.

You obviously have no in depth knowledge of their catalogue at all....their 80s output in particular was outstanding and they have written songs that will be remembered for a long, long time...also their influence was undeniable, I immediately heard it the first time I listened to Nirvana for example.

I'm beginning to think that you are quite a subtle troll......

Nothing subtle about me fridge in any way shape or form unfortunately.

REM are a great great iconic band. I have always liked them, but around about the late 80's they became very fashionable with people who have no interest in music sadly

Happy shiny people

Right when I forget that you're full of shit you come back and post something that reminds me that you're full of shit. This is not sarcasm. This is me telling you I think you're full of shit.

The point is that not a single sentence in there applies to me, any REM fan that I've ever known (and there have been tons), plenty of TRFers, and probably thousands of other fans. Anyone can recognize that your post is not an opinion at all but just a slagging.

Of course, you're free to type what you want but don't get all offended and pissy when someone calls your bullshit posts for what they are.

You dish out the shit but you can't take it. And you certainly take everything personally.

Oh, if you'd like to know what instruments I play, check out my profile.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Happy shiny people

The point is that not a single sentence in there applies to me, any REM fan that I've ever known (and there have been tons), plenty of TRFers, and probably thousands of other fans. Anyone can recognize that your post is not an opinion at all but just a slagging.

Of course, you're free to type what you want but don't get all offended and pissy when someone calls your bullshit posts for what they are.

You dish out the shit but you can't take it. And you certainly take everything personally.

Well OK Johnny but I only ever dish out shit to people that give me shit.

I actually like REM they are a great iconic band but my opinion is that they started to be liked in the late 80's by people who just bought their records to try to be cool, that is all

Happy shiny people

With regard to asking what instruments you play then yes that was ignorant of me, you do not need to play any instrument to have a knowledge of music, my ignorance, guilty as charged

Happy shiny people

More bullshit. Even in this thread there are other people that've pointed out your nonsense. However, you didn't say anything to them. You chose me for whatever reason.

Happy shiny people

More bullshit. Even in this thread there are other people that've pointed out your nonsense. However, you didn't say anything to them. You chose me for whatever reason.

Well I only chose you because you directed you comment at me

If you think I talk bullshit then OK you are probably right. But it is genuine bullshit

When I first got into Rush I remember liking this song. Pretty sure I did have it memorized at one point. But that was twenty something years ago, so I doubt I can remember it now.

Same for me, the words flow easily enough and it was catchy. But overall, it is a song I do not think I have listened to in probably 5 years.