Are you pro-tomato or anti-tomato?

jamie

Tomato discourse  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like tomatoes

• I love tomatoes
    • I hate tomatoes
    • Neutral, could take it or leave it

Okay so I for one love tomatoes, i ask for extra in my salads all the time, but I know a lot of people who don't like them! I can't fathom how anyone can dislike them yet like pickles instead! What is your stance on the tomato discourse?

Besides the obvious use for sauces...burgers, sandwiches, salads, tacos, and a whole mess of stuff I'm too lazy to type.

I don't love them (I like 'em) but the food world is a better place with them.

However, I don't like tomato juice.

I'm inserting a write-in vote option of:

I like tomatoes and have them in some form at least a few times a week.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Had to say neutral. I take em' and leave 'em, depending on style, and fresh or canned.

Fresh, love Beefsteak and Roma tomatoes. Slice up a beefsteak, a slab of fresh mozzarella on top, drizzled with balsamic dressing. Roma's in salads, for sauces, and juiced in the Nutribullet. with other veggies. A regular big tomato diced up and added to tabbouleh, yum. However I cannot stand those nasty grape tomatoes.

Canned, I use then whole, peeled, crushed diced, sauce, & paste. Grabbed some Muir Glen organic diced and MG tomato paste to make turkey & pumpkin chili for the game tomorrow. And while they aren't cheap, San Marzano tomatoes can't be beat for Italian red sauces and pizza sauce.

• Like 1

Definitely pro tomato

Years ago, my then girlfriend's Mom made tomato sauce ( for pasta ) from scratch, and I watched what she did .. I was all very simple, but the end result was amazing .. Completely different than the over processed stuff in a jar ... That really kick-started my tomato love

I like tomatoes, though I don't actually love them. And I can't stand pickles.

^

This

You have said you don't like a lot of foods, which is a real shame.

In 6th grade I worked the summer on a farm picking tomatoes for $1.00 an hour ( child labor !!! ).

One afternoon I picked a tomato that looked sooo good that I took a bite out of it. I chewed and swallowed it and then looked at the tomato. IT WAS FULL OF WORMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaked me out so bad that I totally gave up tomatoes for decades. I can now eat them but only in a salad, on a burger, etc. I still cannot eat a slice of tomato on its own.

Love ketchup though.

• Like 3

In 6th grade I worked the summer on a farm picking tomatoes for $1.00 an hour ( child labor !!! ).

One afternoon I picked a tomato that looked sooo good that I took a bite out of it. I chewed and swallowed it and then looked at the tomato. IT WAS FULL OF WORMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaked me out so bad that I totally gave up tomatoes for decades. I can now eat them but only in a salad, on a burger, etc. I still cannot eat a slice of tomato on its own.

Love ketchup though.

And now you're full of worms!

• Like 1

Love ketchup though.

There's nothing like biting into something full of maggots!

• Like 1

I didn't know hating tomatoes was a thing. I don't know that I've met anyone who doesn't like tomato sauce, ketchup, raw tomatoes AND cooked tomatoes. One or two of those, but not all.

Love ketchup though.

Since you live in Asia, I'm guessing that is something you have really done before. :o
  • Like 1

Tomatoes are amazing! I love them.

The best use of tomatoes...

http://www.absolutdrinks.com/wp-content/themes/drinks_v2/img/custom_card_images/bloody-mary.jpg

• Like 3

Love ketchup though.

Since you live in Asia, I'm guessing that is something you have really done before. :o

:LOL:

No, BUT I bet I can find some larvae to munch on if I travel to mainland Asia.