A Future Lifeson / Lee Project

Geddyleegenes

I'd like to see a Lifeson / Lee project with different drummers... such as: Bill Bruford, Mike Portnoy, Thomas Lang, Tony Royster Jr, Danny Carey and... wait for it... Senri Kawaguchi. That's right, Senri Kawaguchi. The kid is unreal.
  • Like 5

I'd like to see a Lifeson / Lee project with different drummers... such as: Bill Bruford, Mike Portnoy, Thomas Lang, Tony Royster Jr, Danny Carey and... wait for it... Senri Kawaguchi. That's right, Senri Kawaguchi. The kid is unreal.

Yes but Mike Portnoy is such an ass. I can't imagine him getting along with them for long.

• Like 2

I'm pretty content with the fact that Neil ain't gonna be doin' no more drumming and that therefore, there ain't gonna be no more Rush.

But I am certain that Alex and Geddy are itching to put some new music together and play some cities as well. In some other post around here, I wrote that a good name for a new Lifeson / Lee band would be... Wait for it... RASH!

Sure, the boys used the name Rash as a joke during the Time Machine Tour. But if you think about it, the name Rash makes sense. Of course it's an easy exchange of the "U' in Rush for an "A" making Rash. So there's that poignant reference to the old band. Rash would also show their sense of humor. Of course, now that I've written this suggestion, Alex and Geddy would never name a new band Rash due to the fact that some dork on a forum somewhere had already suggested it.

Now the big thought: If all of us here (or most of us anyway) could accept Alex and Geddy joining up with a new drummer to become Rash, playing new Rash music and - I would think - some of the old Rush music as well, what about if due to Geddy's scratchy, aging voice, the guys added a new singer as well?

Could you handle that? A new singer singing new Lifeson / Lee songs as well as singing old Rush songs? I mean, I've listened to R40 Live, and Geddy's voice just ain't what it used to be. I have to think that all those years of screeching and wailing on stage has just simply taken way to much of a toll on Geddy. Someone like Mick Jagger, who has like 10 or so years on Geddy, has a deep voice, so the throat and larynx aren't so affected by years of singing and he's able to carry on. Geddy's larynx though, due to that high voice, has simply got to be pretty darn shot. But I do think that Geddy would probably still sing at least a couple songs on a tour.

Well, I've written another novel here. Didn't want to do that. Meant this to be short.

Any comments? Rash? New Drummer? New Singer? Would you go for such a new Lifeson / Lee Project?

While I think your comments and ideas are admirable I really wish people in general and on this Forum would simply move on from the speculation of another project.

Geddy and Alex are sworn to an eternal pact. There will never be a "project" outside of RUSH.

Jesus Christ what have you done?

All of you Rush Fans who pray for a reunion or hope get "THE PASS" from me.

Please move on.

Geddy and Alex will always do side stuff and maybe another solo album but please.

MOVE THE FUCKKK ON!

Do you really want to pay "THE BIG MONEY" to see Geddy and Alex tour the world with Danny Carey on the drums??????

Of course you would.

I WOULD PASS!

What is this "Geddy and Alex are sworn to an eternal pact. There will never be a "project" outside of RUSH" jazz?

When did they say this?

If they did say it, I've never heard it.

If they did say it, I'm surprised by it since they've played with other musicians separately AND together.

Why would it be surprising for Geddy and Alex to make music together outside of the context Rush?

First, they're musicians.

Second, they're close friends.

They wouldn't need the Rush name to continue making music together.

If they did use the name, I wouldn't care. I didn't care when Geddy and Alex made solo albums and worked with other musicians. I liked some of those songs, I disliked some of those songs. But in no way did those works tarnish the Rush name. They were simply works outside of Rush.

I am glad you have "HOPE" in your blood. Perhaps my intuition is wrong, but my closest Rush brothers and sisters know the truth at this time.

RUSH IS DONE FOREVER.

Until I am proven wrong I can't go against my gut feeling. There is nothing official that I have read or heard. It's just my opinion on the matter.

I'm pretty content with the fact that Neil ain't gonna be doin' no more drumming and that therefore, there ain't gonna be no more Rush.

But I am certain that Alex and Geddy are itching to put some new music together and play some cities as well. In some other post around here, I wrote that a good name for a new Lifeson / Lee band would be... Wait for it... RASH!

Sure, the boys used the name Rash as a joke during the Time Machine Tour. But if you think about it, the name Rash makes sense. Of course it's an easy exchange of the "U' in Rush for an "A" making Rash. So there's that poignant reference to the old band. Rash would also show their sense of humor. Of course, now that I've written this suggestion, Alex and Geddy would never name a new band Rash due to the fact that some dork on a forum somewhere had already suggested it.

Now the big thought: If all of us here (or most of us anyway) could accept Alex and Geddy joining up with a new drummer to become Rash, playing new Rash music and - I would think - some of the old Rush music as well, what about if due to Geddy's scratchy, aging voice, the guys added a new singer as well?

Could you handle that? A new singer singing new Lifeson / Lee songs as well as singing old Rush songs? I mean, I've listened to R40 Live, and Geddy's voice just ain't what it used to be. I have to think that all those years of screeching and wailing on stage has just simply taken way to much of a toll on Geddy. Someone like Mick Jagger, who has like 10 or so years on Geddy, has a deep voice, so the throat and larynx aren't so affected by years of singing and he's able to carry on. Geddy's larynx though, due to that high voice, has simply got to be pretty darn shot. But I do think that Geddy would probably still sing at least a couple songs on a tour.

Well, I've written another novel here. Didn't want to do that. Meant this to be short.

Any comments? Rash? New Drummer? New Singer? Would you go for such a new Lifeson / Lee Project?

While I think your comments and ideas are admirable I really wish people in general and on this Forum would simply move on from the speculation of another project.

Geddy and Alex are sworn to an eternal pact. There will never be a "project" outside of RUSH.

Please move on.

Geddy and Alex will always do side stuff and maybe another solo album but please.

MOVE THE FUCKKK ON!

Do you really want to pay "THE BIG MONEY" to see Geddy and Alex tour the world with Danny Carey on the drums??????

Of course you would.

I WOULD PASS!

What is this "Geddy and Alex are sworn to an eternal pact. There will never be a "project" outside of RUSH" jazz?

When did they say this?

If they did say it, I'm surprised by it since they've played with other musicians separately AND together.

Why would it be surprising for Geddy and Alex to make music together outside of the context Rush?

If they did use the name, I wouldn't care. I didn't care when Geddy and Alex made solo albums and worked with other musicians. I liked some of those songs, I disliked some of those songs. But in no way did those works tarnish the Rush name. They were simply works outside of Rush.

I am glad you have "HOPE" in your blood. Perhaps my intuition is wrong, but my closest Rush brothers and sisters know the truth at this time.

RUSH IS DONE FOREVER.

Until I am proven wrong I can't go against my gut feeling. There is nothing official that I have read or heard. It's just my opinion on the matter.

You type faster than you read or write carefully.

I can't say I have hope. I'm pretty ambivalent. I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me for Geddy and Alex to make music again...especially without the Rush name. This seems the most likely to me, but no I wouldn't call that hope. Just a guess.

In order of most likely to happen, I'd guess these:

1) Geddy & Alex make new music together without the Rush name

2) Geddy & Alex don't make new music together under Rush or any other name at all

3) Geddy & Alex make new music under the Rush name without Neil

4) Geddy, Alex, & Neil make new Rush music

[NOTE: This only means #4 is the LEAST likely. It does NOT mean #1 & #2 are very likely. They have nothing to do with hope either]

• Like 1

For all we know they may have already be noodling informally and just for fun.

Yup.

And for all we know Neil's been attending his kid's elementary school plays, Geddy traveling and shopping for vintage instruments, and Alex playing golf and eating hoagies.

"Neil's been attending his kid's elementary school plays"

I've been to those elementary school plays. Does that mean we should expect Neil to go running back to Alex and Geddy, screaming, "For God's Sake! Let's make another Rush album! I'M BEGGING YOU, LET'S MAKE ANOTHER RUSH ALBUM!" ???

• Like 1

I would like to see Alex and Geddy in a band with my namesake "Steve Smith" on drums. He is one of the only players that could come close to Neil.

Also I would like to see them get in Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave) on lead vocal

I know this may sound like sacrilege but let Geddy do the bass and keyboards and backing vocals.

You see if Geddy and Alex were to just get another drummer in it would just look like Rush mark 2 or should that be Rush Mark 3???

It would be nice in a different environment that Geddy would have a lot more musical freedom.

Just an idea XXX

Steve

• Like 1

I am sure that it would never happen, they have been friends for too long.

I can envisage Geddy playing with others as a guest and also Alex maybe but like the Top Gear guys they will all retire together and do their own thing.

However I reckon there is still much to come from our heroes.

Keep the faith

Steve XX :-)

I think we will see a Geddy solo album before any Lee/Lifeson project (which I don't ever see happening).

My Favourite Headache 2.0

Geddy can still play bass and sing (please no yodelling and no Nick R)

A studio album with no supporting tour.

Edited by thirteen

I think we will see a Geddy solo album before any Lee/Lifeson project (which I don't ever see happening).

My Favourite Headache 2.0

Geddy can still play bass and sing (please no yodelling and no Nick R)

A studio album with no supporting tour.

I see another Geddy (or at least I am hopeful of) studio album, maybe even with Ben Mink again!

Where we differ is I think Geddy would tour for his second solo album if there is no RUSH return on the horizon.

Gedd is checking out basses like a teenager and developing new equipment (GED-2112); has not terminated Skully McIntosh for sure.....there has got to be a good musical reason I be, not only to have those beauties hung on his studio´s walls..... :codger:

...if you think about it, the name Rash makes sense. Of course it's an easy exchange of the "U' in Rush for an "A" making Rash. So there's that poignant reference to the old band. Rash would also show their sense of humor. Of course, now that I've written this suggestion, Alex and Geddy would never name a new band Rash due to the fact that some dork on a forum somewhere had already suggested it.

Ya done f***ed up bro.

Now to your final point. Hell to the yeah I'd go see this Rash as you describe it and I don't go to concerts much these days. I'll sign your damn petition, where's the link???

If you go I'll find out what section you are in and toss cookies all show ;)

:LOL:

Gedd is checking out basses like a teenager and developing new equipment (GED-2112); has not terminated Skully McIntosh for sure.....there has got to be a good musical reason I be, not only to have those beauties hung on his studio´s walls..... :codger:

Another non-music reason (and a very possible one too) is that he's a collector. He collects things because he loves those things.

Look at his baseball collection. It's not like he was collecting those baseballs because he wanted to go out and practice his fastball or become a pitcher. He just loves baseball!

Soooooo, collecting those instruments might be because:

(1) He wants to use those instruments on a recording.

(2) He loves music and instruments. But that's it.

Please move on.

MOVE THE FUCKKK ON!

Of course you would.

I WOULD PASS!

When did they say this?

RUSH IS DONE FOREVER.

You type faster than you read or write carefully.

I can't say I have hope. I'm pretty ambivalent. I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me for Geddy and Alex to make music again...especially without the Rush name. This seems the most likely to me, but no I wouldn't call that hope. Just a guess.

In order of most likely to happen, I'd guess these:

1) Geddy & Alex make new music together without the Rush name

2) Geddy & Alex don't make new music together under Rush or any other name at all

3) Geddy & Alex make new music under the Rush name without Neil

4) Geddy, Alex, & Neil make new Rush music

[NOTE: This only means #4 is the LEAST likely. It does NOT mean #1 & #2 are very likely. They have nothing to do with hope either]

Yep!

Wow! Johnny seriously?

I'm not that hard to figure out yet I've pissed off so many Rush Forum members over the years for....

1. Typing faster than I read.

2. Not writing carefully.

True Johnny.

Yet I really don't care.

I write from the heart. I never even go over my threads or posts.

I just send.

Of course I offend people.

Of course I am wrong with my rants.

But my shit comes from the heart and soul.

It's just me.

One human out of billions.

Who gives a shit.

Like RUSH now in 2017.

They are done forever.

The Geddy Alex Project will be interesting, but it will never be the same.

I bought that Rik Emmett cd with Alex on a track.

After the fourth track I had to eject it out of my cd player and throw it into the street like a frisbee.

No matter what Geddy and Alex do without Neil will be shit.

My Favorite Headache gives me a cock ache. It's the YEAR OF THE COCK.

VICTOR is shite too.

I hope and wish all the best for you hanger ons.

IT'S OVER.

I am blessed.

I saw RUSH live for over 30 years.

I fell in love with them when they were young.

I will take my 60 shows to my grave.

You poor young souls.

Good luck to you all.

Watch all the shite videos you can to appease your addiction.

RUSH IS DEAD.

We will all die.

"We are only immortal for a limited time."

PROVE ME WRONG!!!

Neil would rather drive his BMW bike than be a father.

His drumming daze are beyond him.

Unless some billionaire offers him millions.

Pray for "The Big Money" young Rush fans.......

Until then.....

IT'S FUCKKING OVER!

I am blessed.

My parents saw RUSH.

My daughters saw RUSH.

"MISSION" completed.

I'm a very proactive guy for being such a Rush Forum ASSHOLE!

HAHAHAHA!

You can take away my possessions.

You can take away my Rush collection.

You can take away my youth

But you can't take away my Fly By Night erection!

Life isn't fair.

Grow the fuckk up and move on.

Even if Geddy and Alex did something organic and cool it will never be the same.

Stop smoking the same crack pipe and get a life.

Someday you will find your husband, perhaps maybe even a wife.

But even the sanctuary of marriage is tainted.

Rush is over.

So are the dry brushes.

They are tired and painted.

I'm not that hard to figure out yet I've pissed off so many Rush Forum members over the years...

Is that a goal for you? I stopped doing much more than quickly scanning your posts for a long time since all you do is rant incoherently about yourself. Other than just being incredibly narcissistic and boring, I doubt people pay much attention.

I'm not that hard to figure out yet I've pissed off so many Rush Forum members over the years...

Is that a goal for you? I stopped doing much more than quickly scanning your posts for a long time since all you do is rant incoherently about yourself. Other than just being incredibly narcissistic and boring, I doubt people pay much attention.

Good to read your "True Colors" Cyndi Lauper!

Boring???

Look in the wilderness of mirrors Loon.

Boring???

I think she wants to be the new Wendy! Earl she's all yours for the taking. She'll have to change her name to Earlmoon! :16ton:

• Like 2

:wtf:

Earl is anything else and he's far, far away from being boring. He gets a lot of love on here. Just sayin'. :hail:

• Like 2

Boring???

I think she wants to be the new Wendy! Earl she's all yours for the taking. She'll have to change her name to Earlmoon! :16ton:

Oh hell no!!!! Not another Wendy! She thought I was a selfish egotistic prick too! LOL! I prefer Keith Moon over the Beaglemoon.

Funny, I'm drinking a Blue Moon right now! No orange. Anyone want to see my WHITE MOON?

"THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!"

Love,

SAXON

Boring???

Oh hell no!!!! Not another Wendy! She thought I was a selfish egotistic prick too! LOL! I prefer Keith Moon over the Beaglemoon.

Funny, I'm drinking a Blue Moon right now! No orange. Anyone want to see my WHITE MOON?

"THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!"

Love,

SAXON

Saxon always makes me think of Enter the Dragon because of John SAXON. Who's the dragon now though????????

• Like 1