A Future Lifeson / Lee Project

Geddyleegenes

I'm pretty content with the fact that Neil ain't gonna be doin' no more drumming and that therefore, there ain't gonna be no more Rush.

But I am certain that Alex and Geddy are itching to put some new music together and play some cities as well. In some other post around here, I wrote that a good name for a new Lifeson / Lee band would be... Wait for it... RASH!

Sure, the boys used the name Rash as a joke during the Time Machine Tour. But if you think about it, the name Rash makes sense. Of course it's an easy exchange of the "U' in Rush for an "A" making Rash. So there's that poignant reference to the old band. Rash would also show their sense of humor. Of course, now that I've written this suggestion, Alex and Geddy would never name a new band Rash due to the fact that some dork on a forum somewhere had already suggested it.

Now the big thought: If all of us here (or most of us anyway) could accept Alex and Geddy joining up with a new drummer to become Rash, playing new Rash music and - I would think - some of the old Rush music as well, what about if due to Geddy's scratchy, aging voice, the guys added a new singer as well?

Could you handle that? A new singer singing new Lifeson / Lee songs as well as singing old Rush songs? I mean, I've listened to R40 Live, and Geddy's voice just ain't what it used to be. I have to think that all those years of screeching and wailing on stage has just simply taken way to much of a toll on Geddy. Someone like Mick Jagger, who has like 10 or so years on Geddy, has a deep voice, so the throat and larynx aren't so affected by years of singing and he's able to carry on. Geddy's larynx though, due to that high voice, has simply got to be pretty darn shot. But I do think that Geddy would probably still sing at least a couple songs on a tour.

Well, I've written another novel here. Didn't want to do that. Meant this to be short.

Any comments? Rash? New Drummer? New Singer? Would you go for such a new Lifeson / Lee Project?

• Like 2

I don't think they need a new singer. I think they should do an instrumental album. I would buy the heck out of that.

That is a great idea. I can't even imagine how good that could be!

• Like 4

I don't think they need a new singer. I think they should do an instrumental album. I would buy the heck out of that.

They could even do it with different drummers for different tracks.

• Like 3

I'm pretty content with the fact that Neil ain't gonna be doin' no more drumming and that therefore, there ain't gonna be no more Rush.

But I am certain that Alex and Geddy are itching to put some new music together and play some cities as well. In some other post around here, I wrote that a good name for a new Lifeson / Lee band would be... Wait for it... RASH!

Sure, the boys used the name Rash as a joke during the Time Machine Tour. But if you think about it, the name Rash makes sense. Of course it's an easy exchange of the "U' in Rush for an "A" making Rash. So there's that poignant reference to the old band. Rash would also show their sense of humor. Of course, now that I've written this suggestion, Alex and Geddy would never name a new band Rash due to the fact that some dork on a forum somewhere had already suggested it.

Now the big thought: If all of us here (or most of us anyway) could accept Alex and Geddy joining up with a new drummer to become Rash, playing new Rash music and - I would think - some of the old Rush music as well, what about if due to Geddy's scratchy, aging voice, the guys added a new singer as well?

Could you handle that? A new singer singing new Lifeson / Lee songs as well as singing old Rush songs? I mean, I've listened to R40 Live, and Geddy's voice just ain't what it used to be. I have to think that all those years of screeching and wailing on stage has just simply taken way to much of a toll on Geddy. Someone like Mick Jagger, who has like 10 or so years on Geddy, has a deep voice, so the throat and larynx aren't so affected by years of singing and he's able to carry on. Geddy's larynx though, due to that high voice, has simply got to be pretty darn shot. But I do think that Geddy would probably still sing at least a couple songs on a tour.

Well, I've written another novel here. Didn't want to do that. Meant this to be short.

Any comments? Rash? New Drummer? New Singer? Would you go for such a new Lifeson / Lee Project?

Looks like you should visit here:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/101451-if-geddy-alex-make-new-music-together-the-band-should-be-called/

...if you think about it, the name Rash makes sense. Of course it's an easy exchange of the "U' in Rush for an "A" making Rash. So there's that poignant reference to the old band. Rash would also show their sense of humor. Of course, now that I've written this suggestion, Alex and Geddy would never name a new band Rash due to the fact that some dork on a forum somewhere had already suggested it.

Ya done f***ed up bro.

Now to your final point. Hell to the yeah I'd go see this Rash as you describe it and I don't go to concerts much these days. I'll sign your damn petition, where's the link???

While I think your comments and ideas are admirable I really wish people in general and on this Forum would simply move on from the speculation of another project.

Geddy and Alex are sworn to an eternal pact. There will never be a "project" outside of RUSH.

Jesus Christ what have you done?

All of you Rush Fans who pray for a reunion or hope get "THE PASS" from me.

Please move on.

Geddy and Alex will always do side stuff and maybe another solo album but please.

MOVE THE FUCKKK ON!

Do you really want to pay "THE BIG MONEY" to see Geddy and Alex tour the world with Danny Carey on the drums??????

Of course you would.

I WOULD PASS!

While I think your comments and ideas are admirable I really wish people in general and on this Forum would simply move on from the speculation of another project.

Geddy and Alex are sworn to an eternal pact. There will never be a "project" outside of RUSH.

Jesus Christ what have you done?

All of you Rush Fans who pray for a reunion or hope get "THE PASS" from me.

Please move on.

Geddy and Alex will always do side stuff and maybe another solo album but please.

MOVE THE FUCKKK ON!

Do you really want to pay "THE BIG MONEY" to see Geddy and Alex tour the world with Danny Carey on the drums??????

Of course you would.

I WOULD PASS!

What is this "Geddy and Alex are sworn to an eternal pact. There will never be a "project" outside of RUSH" jazz?

When did they say this?

If they did say it, I've never heard it.

If they did say it, I'm surprised by it since they've played with other musicians separately AND together.

Why would it be surprising for Geddy and Alex to make music together outside of the context Rush?

First, they're musicians.

Second, they're close friends.

They wouldn't need the Rush name to continue making music together.

If they did use the name, I wouldn't care. I didn't care when Geddy and Alex made solo albums and worked with other musicians. I liked some of those songs, I disliked some of those songs. But in no way did those works tarnish the Rush name. They were simply works outside of Rush.

• Like 3

I think the eternal pact Earl was referring to was that Alex, Geddy, and Neil decided long ago there was no Rush without all three of them, but nothing against outside projects.

I still think they could talk Neil into some short sessions close to home for one more album with no tour, just as a last little gift for those who refuse to let go (and especially those who didn't get to see R40). Instrumental would be awesome, but IMO Ged knows exactly how to write songs he can still sing the heck out of, so vocals are just as welcome.

But if there is no last last album, we'll always have Moist. ;) :LOL:

• Like 2

I think the eternal pact Earl was referring to was that Alex, Geddy, and Neil decided long ago there was no Rush without all three of them, but nothing against outside projects.

I still think they could talk Neil into some short sessions close to home for one more album with no tour, just as a last little gift for those who refuse to let go (and especially those who didn't get to see R40). Instrumental would be awesome, but IMO Ged knows exactly how to write songs he can still sing the heck out of, so vocals are just as welcome.

But if there is no last last album, we'll always have Moist. ;) :LOL:

You're probably right about Earl's statement.

As far as many people's hope for an instrumental album, I don't think it'll happen because Geddy still likes to sing.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that Alex had such an arthritis problem that he was concerned that if Neil didn't do that last tour there wouldn't be a last tour. How is he going to make music if it is really that bad?

Hire a new drummer, have him re-record Neil's parts to the entire catalogue and re-release it, erasing all mention and pics of the old grouch. Then record a new album as Rush and hit the road.

Like that's never been done before. :P

...if you think about it, the name Rash makes sense. Of course it's an easy exchange of the "U' in Rush for an "A" making Rash. So there's that poignant reference to the old band. Rash would also show their sense of humor. Of course, now that I've written this suggestion, Alex and Geddy would never name a new band Rash due to the fact that some dork on a forum somewhere had already suggested it.

Ya done f***ed up bro.

Now to your final point. Hell to the yeah I'd go see this Rash as you describe it and I don't go to concerts much these days. I'll sign your damn petition, where's the link???

If you go I'll find out what section you are in and toss cookies all show ;)

Since its been two years since their ground shaking last tour of this magnitude announcement, and since, almost no movement towards a post Neil or post R40 project, seems this could be it for them. Or if there's anything else, it will be in a very small quantity.

I've always wanted LEEFSON to be their project name. It has enough of a tribute to Rush to it, and that name stands on its own. Besides, Rash makes me itchy.

Two exceptional musicians that consistently write music I like choosing to write more music?

Why would I oppose that.

There's no insult to Rush if they continue under another name. Add a singer, have a horn section, get another drummer, choose any name they want. Nothing they can do will hurt Rush unless they choose to continue as Rush.

I want them to make more music because they make music I like. Loved Geddy's solo album, liked Alex's bravery if not the overall results on his, and if they make more music I'd be happy.

If Geddy and Alex like a particular voice and drummer to work with, let them. If they want to play instrumental music, let them.

I'll listen, and whether I like it or not, I'll be happy they kept at what they love. It will do nothing to hurt Rush unless it's called 'Rush'.

• Like 1

That would be awesome and my preference as well, but they'd have to be prepared to take a loss because I just can't see such a record selling much in today's market (beyond us diehards). For that reason, it's highly unlikely. :(

• Like 1

That would be awesome and my preference as well, but they'd have to be prepared to take a loss because I just can't see such a record selling much in today's market (beyond us diehards). For that reason, it's highly unlikely. :(

I think they would do it for their own enjoyment. It's unlikely they would be touring to back it up, especially considering Alex's hand issues.

• Like 1

They could even do it with different drummers for different tracks.

This would be a blast!! :D

• Like 3