Help me pick name for a RUSH research project...

Cygnalschick

Hey all! So, my girlfriend is currently doing a research project for her college psychology class. She has chosen to create a survey that measures 'the sexual satisfaction of Rush fans' :-D She is tired of hearing the female Rush fans don't exist, and that male Rush fans are loners who can't get a date! Her professor's response to the idea was, "Do you think you can even find 100 Rush fans??" Lol

I told her she should choose a clever name for the project...maybe include a play on words using Rush lyrics

:-) I am wanting to get suggestions straight from you guys!

Also, if you're interested in taking the survey I'll post the details here when they become available :-)

Thanks for your help!!!

Was just thinking a little more seriously about this and had these questions...

How exactly will the survey measure "the sexual satisfaction of Rush fans"?

Also, dating isn't necessarily connected to sexual satisfaction either, you know?

AND don't you think some TRFers will botch their answers given that they KNOW it's a sexual satisfaction survey specifically OF Rush fans?

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Hey all! So, my girlfriend is currently doing a research project for her college psychology class. She has chosen to create a survey that measures 'the sexual satisfaction of Rush fans' :-D She is tired of hearing the female Rush fans don't exist, and that male Rush fans are loners who can't get a date! Her professor's response to the idea was, "Do you think you can even find 100 Rush fans??" Lol

I told her she should choose a clever name for the project...maybe include a play on words using Rush lyrics

Also, if you're interested in taking the survey I'll post the details here when they become available :-)

Thanks for your help!!!

A survey about the sexual satisfaction of Rush fans? How about Stranded In Dreamland?

• Like 3

Thanks for your help!!!

Also, dating isn't necessarily connected to sexual satisfaction either, you know?

AND don't you think some TRFers will botch their answers given that they KNOW it's a sexual satisfaction survey specifically OF Rush fans?

Hi there! It's me, the GF/researcher. Your questions are great. I'll measure the sexual satisfaction rates with a peer-reviewed, scientifically validated tool called the New Sexual Satisfaction Scale. It’s simple, it’s short, it asks personal information, but nothing private. What does that mean? Well, that means it asks about the quality of your experience (personal), not the number of times (private). When I thought about my friends filling this out, I didn’t want anybody feeling uncomfortable. It’s also very inclusive- it does not matter if you are LGBT or hetero, married or single, male or female, etc. It's the first of its kind in that respect.

As for the quality of responses, well, my hope is the questions are so simple and clean that the temptation to exaggerate or botch answers is not there. I could be wrong about this, but who knows.

Hopefully, it will be interesting enough to draw responses and be viewed as a fun way to prove that female RUSH fans are out there (we just need 50) and that male RUSH fans are sexual beings. The few people I’ve told have loved it.

If you have any more questions, please let me know. :-)

• Like 2

Thanks for your help!!!

Hi there! It's me, the GF/researcher. Your questions are great. I'll measure the sexual satisfaction rates with a peer-reviewed, scientifically validated tool called the New Sexual Satisfaction Scale. It’s simple, it’s short, it asks personal information, but nothing private. What does that mean? Well, that means it asks about the quality of your experience (personal), not the number of times (private). When I thought about my friends filling this out, I didn’t want anybody feeling uncomfortable. It’s also very inclusive- it does not matter if you are LGBT or hetero, married or single, male or female, etc. It's the first of its kind in that respect.

As for the quality of responses, well, my hope is the questions are so simple and clean that the temptation to exaggerate or botch answers is not there. I could be wrong about this, but who knows.

Hopefully, it will be interesting enough to draw responses and be viewed as a fun way to prove that female RUSH fans are out there (we just need 50) and that male RUSH fans are sexual beings. The few people I’ve told have loved it.

I've not come up with one yet because I'm too lazy!

• Like 1

Thanks for your help!!!

RED TIDE: The Magic Wand Years.........

Thanks for your help!!!

You're not that lazy. I mean, you heard "sexual satisfaction survey" and you started popping breath mints and stocking up on condoms!

• Like 2

Thanks for your help!!!

You're not that lazy. I mean, you heard "sexual satisfaction survey" and you started popping breath mints and stocking up on condoms!

Condom sense man!

"STICK IT OUT" JB!