Le Studio

Justus_2112

So, I was bored the other day, so I decided to do some internet searching to see what Le Studio (Where Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, and some others was recorded) was like now. I had seen it in pictures of the band recording albums, and some music videos (Tom Sawyer, Vital Signs, etc.) were recorded in there. I was hoping it was still in use by musicians, and if not, maybe a cool hangout in Morin Heights or something like that. What I found was terrible though...

For those who don't know:

The studio is completely abandoned! People just stopped caring about it! The whole building is just a mess of broken glass and beat up walls. No one even cared to try to keep it together! That is the place where my boys Dirk, Lerxst and Pratt recorded Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Limelight, etc. and no one even considered that the building might have great value!

I feel like this information pissed me off more than it should have. What do you think?

I think if you dig a little deeper on TRF, you'll find all the threads you need on this topic. It's ripe with fund raising, vandalism, theft, and eBay sales.

Found them. Thanks!

• Like 1

With all their millions the guys shoulda sorted this out in some way. There'll be some who say not obligated but i personally disagree quite strongly. That place was just too significant in the band's history. Re this one issue i'm actually disappointed in the fellas.

With all their millions the guys shoulda sorted this out in some way. There'll be some who say not obligated but i personally disagree quite strongly. That place was just too significant in the band's history. Re this one issue i'm actually disappointed in the fellas.

They could have at least turned it into a Rush museum! :huh:

They could have at least turned it into a Rush museum! :huh:

It is way to far "off the beaten path" to make any money as a museum of any kind. Morin Heights isn't exactly a tourist town I don't think. Hopefully Richard Baxter will be able to raise enough money to do something with the place but it is in pretty bad shape.

• Like 1