Rare Rush stuff

Steve Smith

I have had a look at it again and it IS the original DEWEY headline I promise!!

Can I send it to you please?

It is not doctored by Photoshoppe I promise

Please just have a look and give me your feedback

Many Thanks friend

Steve

Upload & post it here!

Edited by diatribein
  • Like 1

Thing is that the band were very very popular in the North of England in the late 70's and 1980 when Punk Rock was king so I don't know.

But it is definitely a Y to me. Tiny little scratch on the cover

I keep it in a plastic cover along with my Guitar Player magazine with interview with Alex and Geddy from 1980.

I would like to get it authenticated one way or another

Steve

I am really sorry Alex

It was never my intention to take the piss, I honestly give you my word that I could not upload the photo however I tried

My effort was just to make a silly juvenile joke and I am very sorry it went on too long

Thanks for your understanding Alex, I very much appreciate it

Sorry for being a dick :-)

I have heard that the original headline is still there somewhere, perhaps with the band and their close friends

I just wonder why they gave in to the Chicago Tribune lawyers? after all it was nothing libellous as it was in black and white that the paper had printed??

Apologies again

KR's Alex

Steve

(Great name by the way, are you guitar player??)

RUSH - Self Titled - 1st Canadian Mercury press (SRM-1-1011) NOT MOON original press, but with Moon logo on back of jacket, RED RUSH (not pink) logo and red mercury labels rather than the customary skyline of the 1st US issue and subsequent pressings.

Please feel free to PM me with anything rare you might have that you willing to part with. I am always on the lookout for Canadian Anthem 7" singles with picture sleeves, rare promo CDs (especially recent) and original Canadian pressings both on vinyl & CD. I am not that interested in gimmicky releases such as picture discs like the Hemispheres picture disc or releases on coloured vinyl. I like original first pressings from Canada & the UK/EU.

That red label could possibly be more rare than the original. It was only around for a few months before they used the so-called "buildings and trees" label.

• Like 1

RUSH - Self Titled - 1st Canadian Mercury press (SRM-1-1011) NOT MOON original press, but with Moon logo on back of jacket, RED RUSH (not pink) logo and red mercury labels rather than the customary skyline of the 1st US issue and subsequent pressings.

Please feel free to PM me with anything rare you might have that you willing to part with. I am always on the lookout for Canadian Anthem 7" singles with picture sleeves, rare promo CDs (especially recent) and original Canadian pressings both on vinyl & CD. I am not that interested in gimmicky releases such as picture discs like the Hemispheres picture disc or releases on coloured vinyl. I like original first pressings from Canada & the UK/EU.

That red label could possibly be more rare than the original. It was only around for a few months before they used the so-called "buildings and trees" label.

You know it! :drool:

I was so happy I when I found it and the best part is that I paid $50 for it!!! I've seen it routinely go for 6 times as much. To be fair mine isn't the most rare copy. There are a few hundred (thousand?) pressed with the same metal parts as the Moon label original press. The actual vinyl disc on my copy is pressed with the metal plates created by Mercury because the matrix is SRM-1-1011 A CA1-RE and not MN-100-A. So it is a little bit strange because I definitely have the red logo with the moon logo on back and the black mercury logo on the front at the bottom right hand corner, which are all indicators of 2nd Canadian press (1st Mercury), but my actual vinyl disc is technically from the 3rd Canadian press (2nd Mercury). My best guess as to what happened was that they had printed out X amount of jackets more than they had pressed of the vinyl discs, so when the Mercury metal parts were finally ready for use, they continued to use the older jackets until they ran out. Either way it is a cool item and I am pretty happy to have it.

• Like 2

Great stuff Alex

However rare or unrare I never get rid of stuff.

I have many friends who gave away all of their vinyl in the early 90's. Not me dude

I have a 12 inch......er insert the next word ha ha

No seriously I have the 12 inch version 45RPM of Spirit of Radio with The Trees and Working Man. Not rare but a nice piece all the same.

Sorry Alex, I told you my humour was a bit childish and backward

Take care dude

Steve

Steve

You know it! :drool:

I was so happy I when I found it and the best part is that I paid $50 for it!!! I've seen it routinely go for 6 times as much. To be fair mine isn't the most rare copy. There are a few hundred (thousand?) pressed with the same metal parts as the Moon label original press. The actual vinyl disc on my copy is pressed with the metal plates created by Mercury because the matrix is SRM-1-1011 A CA1-RE and not MN-100-A. So it is a little bit strange because I definitely have the red logo with the moon logo on back and the black mercury logo on the front at the bottom right hand corner, which are all indicators of 2nd Canadian press (1st Mercury), but my actual vinyl disc is technically from the 3rd Canadian press (2nd Mercury). My best guess as to what happened was that they had printed out X amount of jackets more than they had pressed of the vinyl discs, so when the Mercury metal parts were finally ready for use, they continued to use the older jackets until they ran out. Either way it is a cool item and I am pretty happy to have it.

It's definitely cool.

Found mine at a record show. I won't say how much I paid for it. You'll hate me. Got it during the period when records weren't cool anymore. Far from mint but it plays and sounds great.

• Like 1

It's definitely cool.

Found mine at a record show. I won't say how much I paid for it. You'll hate me. Got it during the period when records weren't cool anymore. Far from mint but it plays and sounds great.

Is the Matrix on yours MN-100-A/B? I actually think that is a little cooler to have than even the original Moon pressing.

It's definitely cool.

Is the Matrix on yours MN-100-A/B? I actually think that is a little cooler to have than even the original Moon pressing.

Yup.

When I got it, I didn't know what I had. I just thought the red label was cool having never seen one before.

• Like 1

I have a red Mercury copy of the first record, pink logo, no Moon Records logo on the back but original credits not the Donna Halper mention. This 3rd? issue doesn't seem to be mentioned like the other versions (at least I've never read about it), but I assure you it exists. Other items that are a bit rare - Finding My Way white label promo stereo on one side mono on the other and it's edited. Something for Nothing b/w Fly By Night/In the Mood single. TSOR b/w The Trees with no label on the TSOR side. Marathon promo single which I think I read was limited to 150 copies. I do have an original COS Canadian pressing (with the flimsier gatefold that NP complained about) didn't realize they were particularly rare. Some vinyl boots from the old days and then a few of the regular rare things like red vinyl Hemispheres with poster, 3-D cover of Prime Mover (or is it Force 10?), die cut cover of Time Stand Still 7" and Canadian original vinyl of Presto which I think must be a bit rare because cds were taking over at that time.
  • Like 1

I have a red Mercury copy of the first record, pink logo, no Moon Records logo on the back but original credits not the Donna Halper mention. This 3rd? issue doesn't seem to be mentioned like the other versions (at least I've never read about it), but I assure you it exists. Other items that are a bit rare - Finding My Way white label promo stereo on one side mono on the other and it's edited. Something for Nothing b/w Fly By Night/In the Mood single. TSOR b/w The Trees with no label on the TSOR side. Marathon promo single which I think I read was limited to 150 copies. I do have an original COS Canadian pressing (with the flimsier gatefold that NP complained about) didn't realize they were particularly rare. Some vinyl boots from the old days and then a few of the regular rare things like red vinyl Hemispheres with poster, 3-D cover of Prime Mover (or is it Force 10?), die cut cover of Time Stand Still 7" and Canadian original vinyl of Presto which I think must be a bit rare because cds were taking over at that time.

I believe you have this one: https://www.discogs.com/Rush-Rush/release/2248918 with the matrix SRM-1-1011 A CA1-RE, right? My vinyl is identical to yours, but my sleeve is from the pressing before with all the Moon graphics.

• Like 1

I believe you have this one: https://www.discogs....release/2248918 with the matrix SRM-1-1011 A CA1-RE, right? My vinyl is identical to yours, but my sleeve is from the pressing before with all the Moon graphics.

Yeah that's the one! Took me years to find a red label. Nowadays if you're willing to part with the $$, you can have almost any item. Not saying that's good or bad, just that it took a lot more persistence pre-internet.