18 members have voted

1. 1. Your Pick for Metal Performance

• Baroness - Shock Me
    • Gojira - Silvera
    • Korn - Rotting in Vain
    • Megadeth - Dystopia
    • Periphery - The Price is Wrong

Gojira.

I don't know any recent material from these bands but I started getting into Gojira a couple years ago, can't believe they're up for a Grammy already! Gotta check out their recent stuff now.

Already? They already made a big impact in 2006 with From Mars To Sirius. For a while I wondered if they'd ever get proper recognition!

I'm really behind the times when it comes to newer bands. Mainly I'm stuck in the 70's lol

Gojira.

I don't know any recent material from these bands but I started getting into Gojira a couple years ago, can't believe they're up for a Grammy already! Gotta check out their recent stuff now.

Already? They already made a big impact in 2006 with From Mars To Sirius. For a while I wondered if they'd ever get proper recognition!

I'm really behind the times when it comes to newer bands. Mainly I'm stuck in the 70's lol

Oh OK! From that perspective I can see where you are coming from.

Yeah when that album came out in 2006 the metal media created a real buzz around them around nd I loved that album instantly. Still do! Not heard Magma yet though.

• Like 1

I was hoping Baroness would get it, but I´m happy Megadeth finally got some recognition. It´s a shame that the house band played Master of Puppets when they walked out of the stage, but Mustaine was cool about it. His tweet about the issue was histerical: "Of course...I knew they´d have a hard time to play a Megadeth song!". Snap!!!
  • Like 1

Good for Dave. Metallica still wipes the floor with Megadeth though.

From the point of view of commercial success, it may be the case. Musically, I doubt that. But hey, that´s quite personal. I think the way handled this is excellent. He´s at peace with having been fired from Metallica years ago. It says something about embracing your sorrows and learning how to deal with them, right? It took him years to get past this, and it seems he´s in a great place right now.

• Like 3

Metallica with Lady Gaga was awesome. Except for the microphone failure. Edited by Gompers

I have a hard imagining an elevated Rush fan could say that. I'm a long time fan of both, but MD is superior is most ways

What does being a Rush fan have to do with evaluating the music of Metallica and Megadeth?

You are quite wrong...

The first three Metallica albums are outstanding, but it all went Pete Tong pretty quickly after that.

Megadeth on the other hand have been much more consistent.

What was more embarassing - Jethro Tull winning that Metal Performance Award, or The Police´s Behind My Camel beating Rush´s YYZ for best instrumental?

Easily the Jethro Tull debacle. The instrumental thing was a decent choice, just not what most of us would have picked.

What was more embarassing - Jethro Tull winning that Metal Performance Award, or The Police´s Behind My Camel beating Rush´s YYZ for best instrumental?

Easily the Jethro Tull debacle. The instrumental thing was a decent choice, just not what most of us would have picked.

Maybe so...But the low confidence that the band placed on Behind My Camel says a lot. Sting didn't want to record it, and Stewart hated the song, but decided to play bass in it just out of spite. The title also says a lot: what's behind a camel If not a pile of...

You are quite wrong...

The first three Metallica albums are outstanding, but it all went Pete Tong pretty quickly after that.

Megadeth on the other hand have been much more consistent.

I would say Metallica doesn't wipe the floor with Megadeth, but Metallica's best material is still leagues ahead of Megadeth's. But I guess it's still down to preference. I find Megadeth to be consistent, but their releases are also fairly boring as a result.

Megadeth collaborated with Cristina Scabbia. For that...they are awesome.

But...honeatly? I get bored of them.

Testament and Metallica write better songs and have better albums. Megadeth I would rank third behind them if we are talking thrash.

But meh what do I know...I rate Paradise Lost way above all these bands!

Question. Why wasn't Metallica nominated? Hardwired is 2016, no?

It came out too late in the year to get nominated. They do have a cutoff date I believe.

So it's not all of 2016? Interesting.

So then would Hardwired still be eligible for the Grammy next year, even though it was released in 2016?

Question. Why wasn't Metallica nominated? Hardwired is 2016, no?

It came out too late in the year to get nominated. They do have a cutoff date I believe.

So it's not all of 2016? Interesting.

So then would Hardwired still be eligible for the Grammy next year, even though it was released in 2016?

Yes.