Live On Air 1975-1980:Legendary Radio Broadcasts

MrMan

Is anybody familiar with this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7568N8/ref=pd_luc_rh_sbs_03_02_t_img_lh?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It looks like a simple repackaging of a number of broadcast bootlegs...but I can't find anything about it. Which supports my idea that this is nothing more than bootleg prodcut...but I figured I'd put it out here to the experts who know best.

Something to look forward to? Or (if you're not a fan of bootleg material) something to avoid?

Boy, they really don't give you any information about that set, do they? Definitely bootlegs- other people on here will know more than I do about them. I own 2 of these radio bootlegs because my husband bought them for me (before he realized I already had them!)- Rush ABC 1974 which is a bootleg of a WMMS 1974 concert-

https://www.amazon.com/Abc-1974-Uk-CD-Rush/dp/B005LCECU6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484168637&sr=8-1&keywords=rush+abc

and Spirit of the Airwaves, which is a bootleg of a 1980 radio broadcast from St. Louis (not available any more) and both sound really good; but this set doesn't even tell you what radio shows you are getting. I would be suspicious just because of that.

• Like 1

Discs 2 & 3 are from '78 and contain Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres!!

looking at other sites offering this set, my guess is cd 1 St. Louis 1980, cd 2/3 - Tucson, cd 4 Cleveland 1975 (the third of 3 WMMS broadcasts and the crummiest sounding one)

If they had a lower generation source for the cleveland show it would be a worthwhile release but I doubt it. As is these shows have been readily available for years and for FREE.

Discs 2 & 3 are from '78 and contain Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres!!

I would think that highly unlikely since there are no Rush live radio broadcasts from 1978.

What we're likely looking at here is the continuous reissuing of the low hanging fruit bootlegs (recorded from radio in three of four cases) Agora 1974 and 1975, Electric Ladyland 1974 and St; Louis 1980 (which was actually pressed and released to radio stations)

It's also very possible that these gray market loophole recordings are sourced from MP3s. How many versions of these have been released over the last 5 years alone? I've lost track.

CD 1 Track list Total runtime 1 - 2112 Overture (1980) 2 - The Temples Of Syrinx 3 - Discovery 4 - Presentation 5 - Soliloquy 6 - Grand Finale 7 - Bytor And The Snow Dog 8 - Xanadu 9 - The Spirit Of Radio 10 - Natural Sciencce 11 - Beneath, Between, Behind 12 - Working Man 13 - Finding My Way 14 - Anthem 15 - Bastille Day 16 - In The Mood 17 - Drum Solo 18 - La Villa Stangiato

CD 2 Track list Total runtime 1 - Opening (1978) 2 - Anthem 3 - A Passage To Bangkok 4 - By-Tor & The Snow Dog 5 - Xanadu 1 6 - Something For Nothing 7 - The Trees 8 - Cygnus X-1 9 - Cygnus x-1 Book II:Hemispheres 10 - Closer To The Heart

CD 3 Track list Total runtime 1 - Circumstance (1978) 2 - A Farewell To Kings 3 - La Villa Strangiato 4 - 2112 5 - Working Man 6 - Bastille Day 7 - In The Mood 8 - Drum Solo

CD 4

Track list Total runtime 1 - Finding My Way (1975) 2 - The Best I Can 3 - What You're Doing 4 - Anthem 5 - Beneath, Between & Behind 6 - In The End 7 - Fly By Night 8 - Working Man 9 - In The Mood 10 - Need Some Love 11 - Bad Boy

• Like 1

CD 2 Track list Total runtime 1 - Opening (1978) 2 - Anthem 3 - A Passage To Bangkok 4 - By-Tor & The Snow Dog 5 - Xanadu 1 6 - Something For Nothing 7 - The Trees 8 - Cygnus X-1 9 - Cygnus x-1 Book II:Hemispheres 10 - Closer To The Heart

CD 4

Track list Total runtime 1 - Finding My Way (1975) 2 - The Best I Can 3 - What You're Doing 4 - Anthem 5 - Beneath, Between & Behind 6 - In The End 7 - Fly By Night 8 - Working Man 9 - In The Mood 10 - Need Some Love 11 - Bad Boy

So the question becomes are they using the so called "Unaired FM Broadcast" from 12/2/78 (Cobo Hall which sounds like a warts and all soundboard to me) or the well traveled Tucson soundboard?