Neil is not a racist!!!

Steve Smith

There have been a lot of accusations about Neil supporting white supremacists and Arian organisations because of his readings of Ayn Rand.

This is bullshit!!!!!

Can we please put this disgraceful slur to bed please?

Firstly Neil is a humanitarian who believes in freewill and equality for all of our human race.

Secondly, Gary's family are Polish Jews who fled the oppression of the Nazi's before WW2

So can we please put this to bed ??

• Like 1

Why are you trolling here?

I wondered the same thing when I read your first post. In more than 39 years of listening to, reading about, and enjoying Rush, I have never heard anything close to an accusation like the one you're claiming about. Can you be more specific or point to a credible source of these accusations?

• Like 4

There have been a lot of accusations about Neil supporting white supremacists and Arian organisations because of his readings of Ayn Rand.

This is bullshit!!!!!

Firstly Neil is a humanitarian who believes in freewill and equality for all of our human race.

Secondly, Gary's family are Polish Jews who fled the oppression of the Nazi's before WW2

Put this to bed??? You're the only one talking aboot this...outside of SOCN.

Did you fall asleep in 1978 under a rock?

• Like 4

Sorry folks this thread has been hijacked by someone calling himself Maverick

But you're not answering the question. Exactly who is saying this? Do you have links? Please tell me this isn't from the 70s.

• Like 2

I can't remember this ever being awake, and if ever it was it was decades ago for like five minutes from a non-credible source, quickly dismissed by anybody who knows better.

• Like 5

I can't remember this ever being awake, and if ever it was it was decades ago...

:eh:

Neil is racist against fat people, average people, and African food!

Sources: Masked Rider, Ghost Rider

Fat People aren't a race.

• Like 1

I can't remember this ever being awake, and if ever it was it was decades ago...

:eh:

Neil is racist against fat people, average people, and African food!

Sources: Masked Rider, Ghost Rider

Fat People aren't a race.

Neither are average people or any kind of food. :D

The OP sure is a clunky way of asking "did you know Geddy's real name is Gary and that his parents are Holocaust survivors?"
  • Like 1

They were accused of this in the gutter music press in the late 70's and early 80's. The twisted minds took it for their own ends when there were racial problems in the UK and US circa 1980

I think you are confusing fascist with racist.

Why are we even talking about this? What accusations? Never heard of this bs...

In the late 70's a British critic, I think writing for the NME, implied that the members of Rush were fascist for promoting the writings of Ayn Rand. I am very fuzzy on the details. I think the OP is confused.

• Like 3