U2 tour 2017

custom55

Anyone want to share the presale code? :)

Also, please Bono. Give the politics a rest this time. You may not believe it, but no one really gives a shit what you think.

I only have the code for MetLife stadium in NJ.

Maybe if they did a tour with reasonably priced tickets, I'd consider it. The closest show to me is Cleveland, and the cheapest ticket I've found is still almost 200 dollars for a RESALE. Ridiculous. They've already made enough money by latching onto whatever popular political topic is at the time, do they need to keep doing it? I'll just listen to the bootlegs.

Hey guys, our new album predictably sucks. Let's not release it and tour behind our past glories.

U2, meh.

My attitude completely. I'd love to see them live if it was a strictly eighties era affair with little to no talking between songs and a ticket at most around £75.

Am I asking too much?

My love for U2 remains rooted in their past.

I saw them in Joshua tree as well

yeah me too. I was actually just looking at tix for their show at the Rose Bowl this weekend.

Hey guys, our new album predictably sucks. Let's not release it and tour behind our past glories.

U2, meh.

How was what Rush did with the Time Machine tour any different than what U2 is doing on this tour ?

I didn't know I was comparing Rush touring to U2 touring. And I don't think Rush shelved their new album and go on tour. To answer your question, probably not that much different.

I saw them during the Joshua Tree tour as well.

Wish I could get my money back.

Did you not like them at the time?

Yes, I did, but I didn't realize back then what a jerk Bono was and still is.

I saw them on the Elevation tour, and my wife and I are going to the show next month. My wife is a huge fan. She's seen them on every tour since Joshua Tree and even seen them in Dublin. I'm not crazy about musicians ramming their politics down my throat, be it Bono or "Sweaty Teddy," but putting that aside for a moment, I enjoyed the 2001 show. I would think they were even better back then in their prime, no?

Yes, I did, but I didn't realize back then what a jerk Bono was and still is.

Oh agreed. This is a band whose music I like for only a limited time period of their career and I have to ignore the artists themselves. I can't defend them as the really is a major douche

Here's my issue with U2 - I couldn't care less about their politics or their hypocrisy. I have issue with them promoting themselves as continually releasing the album that's going to make them "take back the crown as the greatest rock band in the world." Time and time again I have to hear about how they are going to save rock and roll. And all they do is cruise in their musical comfort zone releasing songs derivative of songs they released 30 years ago. They do nothing interesting or challenging.

But, way back in the 1980s and early 1990s they provided me with many lasting musical memories. I'll always like that U2.

• Like 2

Here's my issue with U2 - I couldn't care less about their politics or their hypocrisy. I have issue with them promoting themselves as continually releasing the album that's going to make them "take back the crown as the greatest rock band in the world." Time and time again I have to hear about how they are going to save rock and roll. And all they do is cruise in their musical comfort zone releasing songs derivative of songs they released 30 years ago. They do nothing interesting or challenging.

But, way back in the 1980s and early 1990s they provided me with many lasting musical memories. I'll always like that U2.

Exactly.

I can't wait to hear The Joshua Tree album start to finish, live. :moon:

Good friends ( 8 of us ) , tailgate party at the stadium and U2 Joshua Tree, start to finish. Priceless.

I don't care about that band anymore. Their concert at the stadium was disappointing. It was like getting ready to lose your virginity and not having a you-know-what. A real let-down. Edited by Boots