Why is it selfish to want to see them perform just one more time....

fraroc

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect anything to happen. From what it seems like, the friendship between Ged, Al and Neil is all but gone. The R40 tour was not just the band's last tour, but just the last straw for Rush in general. Now, I'm not even sure they want to be in the same room together let alone share a stage. From what I've seen from TSS, Geddy is clearly upset and angry at Neil, Alex is ambivalent, yet appears to be siding with his close friend and confidant.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect anything to happen. From what it seems like, the friendship between Ged, Al and Neil is all but gone. The R40 tour was not just the band's last tour, but just the last straw for Rush in general. Now, I'm not even sure they want to be in the same room together let alone share a stage. From what I've seen from TSS, Geddy is clearly upset and angry at Neil, Alex is ambivalent, yet appears to be siding with his close friend and confidant.

:beathorse: 29231742212_a8e03912dd_o.jpg

Edited by GeddysMullet

Aaaand...if some :rush: "fan" such as the OP here hates Neil over not touring ever again because he wants to spend more time with his family among other things then I say to fraroc aka Snap Frackle Dackle Pop:

resytt.gif

Yep. This, fra-boy, is why you're selfish. Not because you want more Rush content (lots of Rush fans would like this), but because you disparage Neil at any given opportunity for retiring at 63 years old.

So basically you admit that Neil broke up the band.

Yes. What are you going to do? Call him a bad band mate or a bad friend to Geddy/Alex again?

I'm not disparaging Neil because he retired at 63.

I'm disparaging Neil because he forced Geddy and Alex to retire too, even though both of them had made it clear in post-R40 interviews that they're not done with music.

If they said they're not done making music then how could Peart have forced them to retire? Did he cut off their fingers or something? Show me where or how he forced them to retire. You can't. It's in your mind.

:facepalm:

• Like 2

Neil Peart's reasons for not wanting to tour are valid. Let the man be and thank him for sharing his talent for as long as he did.

NO!

He claims his reasons are family and health. There is no better education for a child than travel. Start the lessons NOW! Get Olivia ready for R45.

http://truimg.toysrus.co.uk/product/images/UK/0070909_CF0001.jpg?resize=1000:1000

• Like 1

Listen, I'm disappointed that Rush is done with, and I agree that it's basically Neil's fault. But I can't blame the guy. He's given us 40 years of great music and great concerts, so if he wants to retire then I think he's earned it. Besides, if Geddy and Alex really want to continue writing and touring, then they will, and I'll still see them, together or not, with or without Neil. :yes:
  • Like 2

It's not selfish to want to see one more show. Every single person here wants to see that.

Am I the lone exception to this?

No, I prefer to remember Rush on the Clockwork Angels Tour instead of the R40 experience.

rather have a new album anyday. find it hard to believe the lyrics for new stuff not popped into neil's head over these years, that's what he does. if it's going to happen wouldn't be surprised if we hear something soon.

:goodone: