Most underrated bands!!!! "You Gotta Check These Guys Out, Guys!!!!"

Entre_Perpetuo

Don't know if they qualify as an underrated band ( too inconsistent), but the album "From The Lions Mouth" qualifies as an underrated album by the band "The Sound"

From The Lions Mouth is one hell of an album that has gone under the radar. I can hear loads of bands. U2, Glen Danzig, Interpol Simple minds.

It's the band U2 wishes to be! It's as if a band of the 2000's went back to the eighties.

Its a fantastic album and an essential for post punk fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2y_l7DmnS8

Haven't heard this one before. Great suggestion, really something special here!

Absolutely! It is a very special album. It flows all they way through effortlessly, with fantastic songs. Its a fairly unknown album, yet stands up to most of the best albums in that decade.

I've rarely listened to an album all the way through, lately as I can with this. From The Lions Mouth is best enjoyed in it's entirety. Amazing.

• Like 1

Don't know if they qualify as an underrated band ( too inconsistent), but the album "From The Lions Mouth" qualifies as an underrated album by the band "The Sound"

From The Lions Mouth is one hell of an album that has gone under the radar. I can hear loads of bands. U2, Glen Danzig, Interpol Simple minds.

It's the band U2 wishes to be! It's as if a band of the 2000's went back to the eighties.

Absolutely! It is a very special album. It flows all they way through effortlessly, with fantastic songs. Its a fairly unknown album, yet stands up to most of the best albums in that decade.

I've rarely listened to an album all the way through, lately as I can with this. From The Lions Mouth is best enjoyed in it's entirety. Amazing.

You're damn right man. This is a fukkin' great album from start to finish. First I thought this is a new release, till I realised that it's from 1981. I can also hear the influences that you mentioned and I would add The Cars, early Ultravox and a slightly finger twist of The Doors.

Can't wait to hear the vinyl!

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 1

You're damn right man. This is a fukkin' great album from start to finish. First I thought this is a new release, till I realised that it's from 1981. I can also hear the influences that you mentioned and I would add The Cars, early Ultravox and a slightly finger twist of The Doors.

I totally hear you! Its as if a classic album was put in a time capsule and quietly released on the side, decades later. Yeah I hear the bands you mention; The Cars and Ultravox especially. I hear Generation X too. I can't think of an album that sounds like so many bands that followed it - U2, Simple Minds, Echo And The Bunnymen etc. Its like From The Lions Mouth was the blue print for eighties post punk. I've wondered about Vinyl too, saw the prices for this album and they seem reasonable.

This reminds me of The Strokes and The Pixies! The Sound reminds me of so many bands

I did a thread search on Guns and didn't find anything, so I went with it.

with them, it's the consistent excellence that stands out, ironically enough... :)

• Like 1

Nightwish -- Shudder Before the Beautiful (live at Wembley Arena)

I was there!!!!

• Like 1

You like Nightwish? Since when?

I'm not completely sold on them, to be honest. One day about 4 or 5 years ago I spent a little time exploring some random songs. I got hooked on Storytime pretty quickly but little else. It's difficult for me to stomach kind of the "disneyfied" aspect of their music.

Then a former TRFer, whose username I've long forgotten, begged me to watch the Wacken show with Floor Jansen.

Wow! What a spectacular concert vid. I put it on frequently, even though I don't care much for any of their studio albums (aside from occasional tracks).

My 7-year-old grandson happened to come over one day while I had it playing on the big screen. Instantly hooked, and now he's a fan!

• Like 1

You like Nightwish? Since when?

I'm not completely sold on them, to be honest. One day about 4 or 5 years ago I spent a little time exploring some random songs. I got hooked on Storytime pretty quickly but little else. It's difficult for me to stomach kind of the "disneyfied" aspect of their music.

Then a former TRFer, whose username I've long forgotten, begged me to watch the Wacken show with Floor Jansen.

Wow! What a spectacular concert vid. I put it on frequently, even though I don't care much for any of their studio albums (aside from occasional tracks).

My 7-year-old grandson happened to come over one day while I had it playing on the big screen. Instantly hooked, and now he's a fan!

Cool.

Floor Jansen is an amazing singer and on stage performer. Tremendous presence she has. She brings a new life to all the Nightwish material and is the singer the band was always meant to have. Instant game changer.

• Like 1