Who's the best of these guitarists who had their big break in 1983? Vivian Campbell, Jake E Lee or John Sykes?

treeduck

Who's the best of these guitarists who had their big break in 1983?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. John Sykes (Tygers of Pan Tang to Thin Lizzy), Vivian Campbell (Sweet Savage to Dio), Jake E Lee (Rough Cutt to Ozzy). All these guitarists left their current band to join a major hard rock/metal player in 1983, who is the best of them?

• Jake E Lee
    • Vivian Campbell
    • John Sykes

John Sykes (Tygers of Pan Tang to Thin Lizzy), Vivian Campbell (Sweet Savage to Dio), Jake E Lee (Rough Cutt to Ozzy). All these guitarists left their current band to join a major hard rock/metal player in 1983, which is the best of them and who capitalized on this opportunity best?

And who had the best hair?? :hail:

What Jake did coming in and filling in for Randy was nothing short of amazing

Bark At The Moon is as good as 80s guitar gets

Can't fault that at all. :haz:

• Like 2

John Sykes by a large margin.....he had all the chops of Lee or Campbell but crossed with a real bluesy kind of feel, and his vibrato is one of the best I've heard.

He also was a much more complete songwriter and had the added benefit of really good vocals.

John Sykes by a large margin.....he had all the chops of Lee or Campbell but crossed with a real bluesy kind of feel, and his vibrato is one of the best I've heard.

He also was a much more complete songwriter and had the added benefit of really good vocals.

And he had bloody great hair too!

• Like 1

John Sykes. Good works with Tigers and Lizzy and don't forget Blue Murder and Whitesnake '1987' (and he added great work to 'Slide It In' US version) Edited by geezer

John Sykes (Tygers of Pan Tang to Thin Lizzy), Vivian Campbell (Sweet Savage to Dio), Jake E Lee (Rough Cutt to Ozzy). All these guitarists left their current band to join a major hard rock/metal player in 1983, which is the best of them and who capitalized on this opportunity best?

And who had the best hair?? :hail:

You kill me.

Sykes or Lee?

Vivian sucks ass now.

Sykes is obsolete.

Jake still plays.

I love SYKES

BUT JAKE WINS!

Jake E Lee was a god to me as a young guitarist.

Sykes's work on 1987's Whitesnake was amazing IMO. Some incredible, dazzling 80's guitar playing. Still Of The Night and Is This Love......incredible tasty playing.

Jake get's my vote though. One of the monsters who is not talked about enough.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1