The 1974 debut bands battle, who has had the strongest career? Priest, KISS or Kansas? Or if you like who do you prefer?

treeduck

The 1974 debut bands battle...  

43 members have voted

1. 1. The 1974 debut bands battle, who has had the strongest career? Priest, KISS or Kansas? Or if you like who do you prefer?

Priest definitely had the stronger career, and in an odd surprise move I also happen to prefer them. If I'd been asked when I was in my 20's or teens I'd have said Kansas.

Kiss isn't an important band to me at all, with all credit deserved given them for inspiring so many bands I really love. They obviously are a very important band to me, indirectly. But other than Detroit Rock City and possibly a handful of other tunes they just don't do anything for me.

• Like 2

Kiss is the most overrated band in rhe history of the world. Kansas lacks staying power. Priest is still going strong after nearly 45 years as a band.

yup they are in a race for that title for me with U2

Mick

• Like 1

Kiss is the most overrated band in rhe history of the world. Kansas lacks staying power. Priest is still going strong after nearly 45 years as a band.

yup they are in a race for that title for me with U2

Mick

I thought rhey were great until and including Actung Baby.

• Like 2

Did any other important bands debut in 1974?

Yeah but I left them out for obvious reasons, such as the result would already be known before we started.

After having a quick look...

38 Special

Blondie

Cheap Trick

The Fabulous Thunderbirds

Moxy

Ramones

:rush:

Not sure how KISS is overrated

They were never embraced by critics, elitist cliques or their peers .. Kiss had a bond that went beyond music - you either got them or you didn't ..

Even in their heyday, many more people hated them than loved them ... They worked hard at a grassroots level and became icons on thei own

Can't overrate success

To be fair, Kiss were great in the 70's and early 80's, I love that stuff.

But if I wanna rock'n'roll all nite, give me...

:musicnote: ...rocka rolla woman for a rocka rolla man... :musicnote:

:haz: Judas :haz: Priest :haz:

• Like 2