Rick Wakeman Won’t Be Attending Yes’ Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction

custom55

Attending for the honor doesn't really make sense, it only has meaning because the public assumes the recognition is from people whose opinion is particularly noteworthy (like fellow musicians).

Couple that with the loss of Squire and the meaning is even less.

I'd say do it for the fans, but the fans will be fine.

I'm glad Rush is in, but ultimately it didn't matter.

• Like 1

The bigger debate is will Journey sing with Steve Perry, the Filipino kid who has been in the band for 9 years or that 1 dude who no one can remember??
  • Like 3

The bigger debate is will Journey sing with Steve Perry, the Filipino kid who has been in the band for 9 years or that 1 dude who no one can remember??

Steve Augeri or Robert Fleischman?

Make that 2 dudes !!

• Like 2

Good for him, I hope he doesn't change his mind. It'd actually be cool if none of them showed up. Would be funny to hear wenner announce,"not any of the past or current members of Yes could be with us tonight" lol
  • Like 5

I think he should show up for the Yes fans that are going to celebrate the fact that the band they love is finally getting in; just like fans did with Rush. He's got a beef with not getting in while Chris Squire was alive so he's going to take it out on the fans attending? Boo. That's kind of what I got out of the article anyway; is there more drama behind the scenes? I just listen to them, I haven't read about them in a long time.

I think he should show up for the Yes fans that are going to celebrate the fact that the band they love is finally getting in; just like fans did with Rush. He's got a beef with not getting in while Chris Squire was alive so he's going to take it out on the fans attending? Boo. That's kind of what I got out of the article anyway; is there more drama behind the scenes? I just listen to them, I haven't read about them in a long time.

He's not taking anything out on anyone, he's declining the invitation. He doesn't owe his fans a thing.

I think he should show up for the Yes fans that are going to celebrate the fact that the band they love is finally getting in;

What a relief that many fans will understand and even celebrate why he's declining to begin with! :)

He's got a beef with not getting in while Chris Squire was alive so he's going to take it out on the fans attending? Boo.

It's simply that it's too little too late.

It's pretty rock and roll to tell a shitty honorary rock and roll establishment to piss off if you ask me. I like MMCXII's post above where he threw out the idea of none of the member's of Yes attending. That won't happen woth Yes, but I could see another inductee band doing that.

• Like 3

None of the great rock bands should have anything to do with the Hall of Sham. Wakeman is 100% righteous.

Rick Wakeman should attend in my opinion, if only to honour Chris Squire. I think Wakeman has created little of note since the end of the 1970s and despite the zillion (piss poor) solo album releases, his ubiquity on U.K. TV and general public affection his career is defined by Yes.