Is Alex Lifeson in your top 3 personal fave rock guitarists?

Texas King

Is Alex Lifeson in your top 3 fave rock guitarists?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Is Alex Lifeson in your top 3 fave rock guitarists?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

My personal favorites...don't think I've seen Martin's name mentioned by anyone else but his work in Tull is legendary and his recent few solo albums have been awesome.

Alex Lifeson

Martin Barre

Joe Bonamassa

• Like 1

The answer is Yes and that he's far and away the best in my book. Give me the guys with a beautiful tone, emotional solos, and a lot of feeling in their playing over the Eddie Van Halen types any day. No one has more feel and soul than Alex and it's not even close.

1. Alex Lifeson

2. David Gilmour - Dogs is Gilmour's finest monet in Pink Floyd

3. Daron Malakian (System of a Down) - For all the frantic chaos going on in the sound of System of a Down, there is also moments of brilliance from this guy. They don't always play that way, but in songs like Hypnotize and Toxicity, there is a beautiful tone to his playing that reminds me of guys like Alex and Gilmour...

My personal favorites...don't think I've seen Martin's name mentioned by anyone else but his work in Tull is legendary and his recent few solo albums have been awesome.

Martin Barre

:ebert:
  • Like 1

Lifeson / May are my absolute favs. Tied for first.

After that, Bellamy, Howe, Hackett, Gilmore, and Perry all come to mind.

Oh and metal. Mustaine and Friedman obviously, I think I like them even more than Petrucci, amazing as he his. Dan Spitz over Hammet and Slayer easily. Iommi is also easily admirable, and KK and Glen, and the guys from Maiden. But if I toss those names in here I'll have to admit my respect for EVH as well, oh and top Jimi is timeless. Also, idk if it's Bruce or Little Stevie who plays the solos on Darkness, but Prove It All Night easily has one of my favorite guitar solos ever.

But yeah, Brian's perfectionism and Lifeson's emotion are what I live for.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

In no particular order:

Alex

Hendrix

Jimmy Page

David Gilmour

Tony Iommi

[Technical proficiency isn't a particularly important metric for me. If we were to favor guitarists based on their technical proficiency alone the top five would include a lot of guitarists from horrible bands.]

Edited by rftag

In no particular order:

Alex

Hendrix

Jimmy Page

David Gilmour

Tony Iommi

[Technical proficiency isn't a particularly important metric for me. If we were to favor guitarists based on their technical proficiency alone the top five would include a lot of guitarists from horrible bands.]

:goodone: