The Black Crowes or Pearl Jam?

Texas King

The Black Crowes or Pearl Jam?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. The Black Crowes or Pearl Jam?

• The Black Crowes
    • Pearl Jam

For me the Crowes were great til about '96.

Pearl Jam has been great since '96.

The avocado album is a gem

Got back into them when that came out. I stopped after Yield. That and No Code are their best.

I agree. Binaural as well.

Binaural couldn't have disappointed me more after Yield brought the band back from Eddie's solo album, No Code, which was also a huge step down for the band. As a rule, the more Eddie writes the music, the worse the album is.

• Like 1

Got back into them when that came out. I stopped after Yield. That and No Code are their best.

Binaural couldn't have disappointed me more after Yield brought the band back from Eddie's solo album, No Code, which was also a huge step down for the band. As a rule, the more Eddie writes the music, the worse the album is.

I haven´t looked at their songs under that light yet, but you may have a point! I love their first two, have my issues with Vitalogy, love No Code, Yield and Riot Act. Can´t stand Binaural though. The Avocado album was a ressurgence for them in my view, and they´ve been spot on since then.

I haven´t looked at their songs under that light yet, but you may have a point! I love their first two, have my issues with Vitalogy, love No Code, Yield and Riot Act. Can´t stand Binaural though. The Avocado album was a ressurgence for them in my view, and they´ve been spot on since then.

Without going back and checking, I think that Ten was almost completely written by Ament/Gossard, Vs. was also (though Vedder wrote Elderly Woman), and Vitalogy was where Eddie started really taking over. By No Code it was all him and the band were pissed and exhausted. On Yield it became a group effort (with McCready finally allowed to participate), and for Binaural it was back to Eddie.

Bought Yellow Ledbetter today, so feeling more sympathetic to PJ than usual. Both are great bands. Just excellent.

and f**k it, nirvana too!

Why are you naming bands that can't touch these bands' jock straps?

nah, I've played this game before. you like 90s frat boy anthems and one hit wonders, I like sludgy distortion. cant hootie and the blowfish coexist with mudhoney?

I feel like you and rick had your girlfriends stolen by sonic youth fans when you were in college or something. did you get bullied by someone who thinks louder than love is better than superunknown? f**k MTV, embrace the weird!

• Like 1

Hes trying to get some hipster cred.

all the groups I named were signed to major labels. MTV airplay and everything

nah, I've played this game before. you like 90s frat boy anthems and one hit wonders, I like sludgy distortion. cant hootie and the blowfish coexist with mudhoney?

I feel like you and rick had your girlfriends stolen by sonic youth fans when you were in college or something. did you get bullied by someone who thinks louder than love is better than superunknown? f**k MTV, embrace the weird!

Nah...I just think 2 chords, distortion, meaningless lyrics, lack of melody, and no skill, sucks. You seem to think that liking simple things that suck is cool. To each his own.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Jesus Lizard were everywhere in the 90s....

Nah...I just think music that isn't played on the radio sucks. You seem to think that liking music that's heavier than counting crows is cool. To each his own.

exactly, different strokes. you can have creed and counting crows, it's fine

• Like 1

Nah...I just think 2 chords, distortion, meaningless lyrics, lack of melody, and no skill, sucks. You seem to think that liking simple things that suck is cool. To each his own.

exactly, different strokes. you can have actual music, it's fine

Fair enough.

if they had been, you'd like them! I'm surprised you like rush even

Yeah, because Nirvana was completely anonymous...

exactly, different strokes. you can have actual music, it's fine

Fair enough.

err... uhh... hold your fire is better than vitalogy!!

• Like 1

Yeah, because Nirvana was completely anonymous...

even nevermind, a pop record (and a great one), is too abrasive for you?

f**k both of these overrated pop bands! GIVE ME MOTHER LOVE BONE!!!!!!

If Wood never overdosed Eddie Overrated Vedder would be working at Starbuck's. Loser.

f**k both of these overrated pop bands! GIVE ME MOTHER LOVE BONE!!!!!!

If Wood never overdosed Eddie Overrated Vedder would be working at Starbuck's. Loser.

you guys ever listen to tad's inhaler?