The poppiest Rush song?

Texas King

Big Wheel reminds me of Bryan Adams.

Dreamline reminds me of Pat Benatar

Super Conductor reminds me of Footloose.

Can't listen to Second Nature without thinking of that awful 70's song, Lucky Stars with that line, 'You can thank your lucky stars that we're not as smart as we'd like to think we are.'

To me, Rush had a few "poppy" songs. Lucas took it straight from me when he said "Superconductor." Such a catchy song that it could have been a Top 40 hit if there was a radio edit for it. I also felt "Losing It" could have played on soft-rock stations (yes, to me it was THAT mellow).

No matter what, Hold Your Fire has the most songs that qualify for this. Some may choose "Time Stand Still" as most poppy, but I think it's "Second Nature." Easily. The only song in Rush's catalogue that would be right at home with Celine Dion singing on it. It's AM radio adult contemporary, and I can't believe it's a Rush song.

This^^^. My initial though too...

Too late to fix. Insert a t up there^^^lol... Edited by Narps

No matter what, Hold Your Fire has the most songs that qualify for this. Some may choose "Time Stand Still" as most poppy, but I think it's "Second Nature." Easily. The only song in Rush's catalogue that would be right at home with Celine Dion singing on it. It's AM radio adult contemporary, and I can't believe it's a Rush song.

I agree "Time Stand Still" is probably the poppiest Rush song. I remember when Hold Your Fire came out Geddy said he was just into writing great vocal melodies. Hold Your Fire is full of them.