Ham, Meat for Little People

JohnRogers

I'm reading in another thread aboot other TRF members enjoying ham. Ha and pish-posh I say. Elites such as Denise and myself enjoy Prime Rib for the holidays...that's right Christmas, Thanksgiving and Independence Day is all Prime Rib. Birthdays too.

Enjoy your "ham".

• Like 2

I'm reading in another thread aboot other TRF members enjoying ham. Ha and pish-posh I say. Elites such as Denise and myself enjoy Prime Rib for the holidays...that's right Christmas, Thanksgiving and Independence Day is all Prime Rib. Birthdays too.

Enjoy your "ham".

I bought that one year for Christmas but my husband prefers ham. What's a wife to do? :huh:

Some things that ALWAYS appear at full on Blaze family Thanksgivings, Christmases, and Easters:

- lechon (roast pork)

- deep fried turkey

- lumpia (deep fried egg rolls...no cabbage! Other tasty veggies & ground beef!)

- pancit (pan fried noodles with chicken, pork, shrimp, Chinese sausage, various veggies)

Second tier big guns. One of these WILL appear (and in this order of importance), 2 might appear but not both #1 and #2:

1) prime rib

2) roast beef

3) shish kabob

4) honey glazed ham

And then there's the baked fish, casserole, dessert table...

I HATE missing Blaze family gatherings!!!!! :blaze:

• Like 3

Enjoy your "ham".

I bought that one year for Christmas but my husband prefers ham. What's a wife to do? :huh:

That's the right thing to do.

The BEST thing to do is to have BOTH!

:blaze:

Enjoy your "ham".

That's the right thing to do.

The BEST thing to do is to have BOTH!

:blaze:

... and while on the subject of HAM and having both, I would actually prefer all three

This is what we do...

Thanksgiving- Turkey, dressing, mashed taters, gravey, sweet taters (usally cubed w/butter, brown sugar & sometimes marshmallows) veggie medley, cranberry sauce, fresh baked bread & assorted pies. All made from scratch.

Christmas- Prime Rib or NY Strip roast, Mac'n'cheese or a nice rice pilaf, green beans with ham, fresh baked bread & assorted pies. Once again all made from scratch.

New Years Day- Semi boneless ham cooked in crock pot w/lime, brown sugar & red pepper flakes) blakeyed peas, collard greens, corn bread & some type of cobbler (sick of pies :LOL: ) every thing except the store bought pre smoked/cooked ham made from scatch.

Now these menues vary subtlety from year to year and is what I & my better 1/2 prepare. Usually our guests will brung their specialty dishes as well.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

We ended up with nine total for the holidays and had lasagna for Dec. 23, ham for Dec. 24 and rib roast for Christmas ( and vegetarian food for my husband :facepalm: ) and only like 2 slices of cake are left. It looks like hoards of locusts moved through. My daughter was laughing that I had a menu posted on the refrigerator but I usually am only making food for me!

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/images_18.jpeg

• Like 3

Some things that ALWAYS appear at full on Blaze family Thanksgivings, Christmases, and Easters:

- lechon (roast pork)

- deep fried turkey

- lumpia (deep fried egg rolls...no cabbage! Other tasty veggies & ground beef!)

- pancit (pan fried noodles with chicken, pork, shrimp, Chinese sausage, various veggies)

Second tier big guns. One of these WILL appear (and in this order of importance), 2 might appear but not both #1 and #2:

1) prime rib

2) roast beef

3) shish kabob

4) honey glazed ham

And then there's the baked fish, casserole, dessert table...

I HATE missing Blaze family gatherings!!!!! :blaze:

That sounds DELICIOUS, JB!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20dont%20know.gif