1991 pro-shot footage

RangerXT

I was watching a documentary on youtube called "RUSH - The story so far (1968 - 2002) and I noticed at about 25:31 they showed footage of TSOR from the roll the bones tour in Detroit, Michigan. Just a neat find, now I'm just waiting for it to be released on DVD!
  • Like 2

I am going to look for it and watch that.

Also there is some footage from Buffalo, NY from 1980. Everyone knows about the footage talking about their 1980 tour with some short footage of 2112 playing, but there was also some footage featured of a different song, which suggests they have the full show on film (god I hope they do)

• Like 2

Also there is some footage from Buffalo, NY from 1980. Everyone knows about the footage talking about their 1980 tour with some short footage of 2112 playing, but there was also some footage featured of a different song, which suggests they have the full show on film (god I hope they do)

I thought this was the footage shot by local news there. IIRC, the story was that was about it.

I thought this was the footage shot by local news there. IIRC, the story was that was about it.

Supposedly only short footage of one song existed, except they used footage of another song, which was not part of the news broadcast, so I don't know...

Yeah, I'm really curious about the 1991 Auburn Hills footage as well. In fact I started a thread asking about it not long ago. There are actually multiple clips from what appear to be that same show from what I remember. And at least one if not more is clearly labeled Auburn Hills 1991.

Given that the preceding and following tours were both filmed in full at the same venue I think the odds are very high (but certainly not guaranteed) that that whole RTB show was filmed and is in storage somewhere. The fact that they got the master of the 1990 show is encouraging. If the RTB show does exist I've got to think some or all will be released eventually. I sure hope so! Even though the RTB album is polarizing the tour itself was so much fun. Although I think it certainly got better later in the tour as it went on.

• Like 1

There is pro shot footage from the Counterparts tour, bits of which were used when Rush were inducted in the Canadian music hall of fame after 20 years in 1994.

That's true, there's a bit of it there that's NOT from the 1994 Auburn Hills show.

• Like 1

Several venue-filmed shows from other bands have leaked from Largo as well and since a Rush soundboard from 1984 there leaked not long ago I'm holding out some small hope that it's the audio from a filmed GUP show there.
  • Like 1

I was watching a documentary on youtube called "RUSH - The story so far (1968 - 2002) and I noticed at about 25:31 they showed footage of TSOR from the roll the bones tour in Detroit, Michigan. Just a neat find, now I'm just waiting for it to be released on DVD!

Featuring the original Fat Alex! Not to be confused with Slobovich.

• Like 1

It's not uncommon that cameras on any shows are allowed to film only a small portion of a show. I don't think they have some full videos shows in the archives, maybe audio...

• Like 1

The Buffalo footage was shot by a Toronto station called CityTV, used for a magazine type program called The New Music. The Detroit footage from RTB was shot by the same station possibly for the same program, not much exists either just a few minutes (snippets of CTTH, Xanadu iirc)
  • Like 1

Several venue-filmed shows from other bands have leaked from Largo as well and since a Rush soundboard from 1984 there leaked not long ago I'm holding out some small hope that it's the audio from a filmed GUP show there.

The commercial video was filmed a few days before. If it did exist,I doubt it would hold much value to anyone other than people like us.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm really curious about the 1991 Auburn Hills footage as well. In fact I started a thread asking about it not long ago. There are actually multiple clips from what appear to be that same show from what I remember. And at least one if not more is clearly labeled Auburn Hills 1991.

Given that the preceding and following tours were both filmed in full at the same venue I think the odds are very high (but certainly not guaranteed) that that whole RTB show was filmed and is in storage somewhere. The fact that they got the master of the 1990 show is encouraging. If the RTB show does exist I've got to think some or all will be released eventually. I sure hope so! Even though the RTB album is polarizing the tour itself was so much fun. Although I think it certainly got better later in the tour as it went on.

I know this thread is old but I have a full length bootleg video of the 1991 Auburn Hills show. it's amateur video, but if it's the show you're asking about I'd be happy to share it with you. Unless the full video or whatever portions exist I think this is the best we have for that particular show. You can watch short clips of the 1991 bootleg here. the first clip is at 2:49.

Edited by TheGhostRider
  • Like 1

man, i hope so as it was my first rush show. i have heard a low quality audio bootleg of the show on youtube. the 2112 footage is great IMO

the male reporter went onto to cnn ( iirc) and now is on fox. thanks for posting and will check out it out

FUN FACT

That 1991 Auburn Hills show on the ROTB tour -- the one in the docu -- was my first Rush concert.

I only went to four shows total, and that's where I popped my cherry.

It was great. I remember Geddy's vest because I was wearing a similar one.

• Like 1

man, i hope so as it was my first rush show. i have heard a low quality audio bootleg of the show on youtube. the 2112 footage is great IMO

the male reporter went onto to cnn ( iirc) and now is on fox. thanks for posting and will check out it out

i only saw 2112 but at a different camera angle.

like i said i was there age 13. never knew that the cover from ESL is shot of the buffalo crowd?

so both all the worlds astage and exit stage left were recorded on my birthday!!! :smoke: