Your most fave Def Leppard album?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Your most fave Def Leppard album?

• On Through the Night
    • High 'n' Dry
    • Pyromania
    • Hysteria
    • Adrenalize

High and Dry is awesome.....very straightforward, rocks very hard......

BUT....Pyromania is #1. IS ANYBODY OUT THERE??? Photograph is probably still my #1 Def Leppard Song.

I personally refuse to dog on Hysteria...still a great album. Hysteria is the perfect song for driving at night during the summertime, roads are empty. Animal is another underrated song (I know...very pop...whatever...haterz gonna hate)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ5bS3_BCDs

Hysteria is mostly amazing (Women, Animal, Rocket, Pour Some Sugar on Me, Excitable, Armageddon It, Gods of War) but Love and Affection, Love Bites and Hysteria were the start of the trouble they never really recovered from.

I completely understand and agree that it was the start of trouble, I will still stand by love bites and hysteria (I don't wanna touch you too much baby...)

Rocket, Gods of War...it really is a packed album

• Like 2

Pyromania gets my vote despite 'Mirror Mirror' being my favorite DL song ever OFF High N Dry,

and Hysteria came out my senior year of high school and I had 3 different girlfriends who loved that record.

1987-1988 was good times for sure

I was a junior in college when it came out. My girlfriend at the time had two older sisters, and she was a fan of stuff like The Cure because her sisters were hipsters. Because of me she bought Hysteria, Appetite for Destruction and Permanent Vacation. The sisters were NOT happy.

Appetite for destruction is fantastic. Night Train...phenomenal stuff. I think that CD was in my truck for like 4 straight months at one point

• Like 2

BUT....Pyromania is #1. IS ANYBODY OUT THERE??? Photograph is probably still my #1 Def Leppard Song.

I personally refuse to dog on Hysteria...still a great album. Hysteria is the perfect song for driving at night during the summertime, roads are empty. Animal is another underrated song (I know...very pop...whatever...haterz gonna hate)

I wish I knew what is was about that song that I love so much but I love it to pieces. It's such a desperate sounding song towards the end to me.

• Like 2

Hysteria was my choice although I like the two preceding albums very much. I just like to put this album on and let it play all the way through.
  • Like 2

Who was their lead guitarist? He was very good.

Steve Clark until his death when he was replaced with Vivian Campbell. Phil Collen is also on guitar and he was an early on replacement for Pete Willis.

• Like 2

Steve Clark until his death when he was replaced with Vivian Campbell. Phil Collen is also on guitar and he was an early on replacement for Pete Willis.

Is he the one that was in the car accident? I don't know anything about them other than their music.

Edit: Never mind. I see he died from alcohol poisoning. He was only 31. Just a kid. Poor guy.

Edited by Lorraine

Is he the one that was in the car accident? I don't know anything about them other than their music.

No that is Rick , the drummer. He lost his arm while they were recording Hysteria. Steve died after Adrenalize came out. I think it was alcohol/drug related. He was 30 at the time I think.

• Like 2

No that is Rick , the drummer. He lost his arm while they were recording Hysteria. Steve died after Adrenalize came out. I think it was alcohol/drug related. He was 30 at the time I think.

He is playing the drums with one arm:

That's determination and tenacity.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

He is playing the drums with one arm:

That's determination and tenacity.

Yep, it's pretty incredible.

Rick has been playing the drums with one arm longer than he did with two. He just added extra foot pedals to play with his feet what he would have done with his arm.

Sad thing about Steve. Way too young to die. But his alcohol and drug problem was pretty big and he mixed the two and didn't wake up one day.

• Like 2

It says a lot for the band too that they never sought to replace him as a drummer.

If my husband ever falters in his physical therapy, I'm telling him this story.

Yeah it does. It's quite an amazing story. There is a DVD documentary where they share that period of their lives. I have it but I can't remember the name of it. It's probably on YouTube or Netflix too.

• Like 1

Rick has been playing the drums with one arm longer than he did with two. He just added extra foot pedals to play with his feet what he would have done with his arm.

Sad thing about Steve. Way too young to die. But his alcohol and drug problem was pretty big and he mixed the two and didn't wake up one day.

He's not the only one that's happened to.

Shame though. Talented young man.

I am looking through my DVD's and have four Def Leppard ones. It's been awhile since I watched them but I think it's the one called Hysteria.
  • Like 1

I am looking through my DVD's and have four Def Leppard ones. It's been awhile since I watched them but I think it's the one called Hysteria.

Thanks, Catherine. Is this it:

No. Mine is the one that is in the Classic Albums series. The one above looks like it's done with actors or something. Never saw that one. Did you watch it?

• Like 1

Hysteria is mostly amazing (Women, Animal, Rocket, Pour Some Sugar on Me, Excitable, Armageddon It, Gods of War) but Love and Affection, Love Bites and Hysteria were the start of the trouble they never really recovered from.

Its too poppy for me. It's too polished and not enough rawness for me.

Thanks, Catherine. Is this it:

No. Mine is the one that is in the Classic Albums series. The one above looks like it's done with actors or something. Never saw that one. Did you watch it?

No. I will look for the one you have.

This must be it: https://www.amazon.com/Def-Leppard-Hysteria-Rick-Allen/dp/B00006FD9W/ref=pd_sim_74_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=T1QJ5T9ZHD6K5ZVQ2VT3

But i can't find it on Youtube. I keep getting the album and the one that's the movie.

His voice has a lost a bit of oomph. Considering how he sang, that's understandable.

Joe is also a heavy smoker. Screwed up his voice in the long run. If Photograph, Foolin and Rock Of Ages weren't such big must play hits, I don't think they would even play anything off the album now.

• Like 1