Spider-Man: Homecoming (trailer)

JohnnyBlaze

Too much Spider-Man. It could end up being a fun movie, but this trailer does not excite me at all. It's got to be better than the last three Spider-Man movies. Right?

Right. Currently, Spidey flicks have 2-3 record with me.

Bad = Spidey 3 > Crap > Amazing Spidey 1 > Amazing Spidey 2

Not sure if it's "too much Spider-Man" though. It'll be the 6th Spidey flick in fifteen years compared to 6 Middle Earth movies in thirteen years and 8 Harry Potter films in ten.

• Like 2

Too much Spider-Man. It could end up being a fun movie, but this trailer does not excite me at all. It's got to be better than the last three Spider-Man movies. Right?

Not sure if it's "too much Spider-Man" though. It'll be the 6th Spidey flick in fifteen years compared to 6 Middle Earth movies in thirteen years and 8 Harry Potter films in ten.

It's the second re-boot and the third actor. It seems like a lot to me. Maybe it's just too many superhero movies in general.

• Like 3

Spidey is 3-2 for me

Loved the first 2 and Amazing

Did not like Spidey 3 or Amazing 2

• Like 1

It's the second re-boot and the third actor. It seems like a lot to me. Maybe it's just too many superhero movies in general.

I only watched Lord of the Rings I, and nothing from the Harry Potter franchise. It certainly feels "too much Spider-Man" after so many reboots and crappy movies. How are they going to tell his origin a third time without being repetitive? Amazingly, Marvel has done better movies with much less charismatic superheroes (Ant Man, anyone?)

I only watched Lord of the Rings I, and nothing from the Harry Potter franchise. It certainly feels "too much Spider-Man" after so many reboots and crappy movies. How are they going to tell his origin a third time without being repetitive? Amazingly, Marvel has done better movies with much less charismatic superheroes (Ant Man, anyone?)

I enjoyed Ant Man!

• Like 3

I often read the "too many superhero movies" comment but how many MCU movies were released this year? 2.

From DC? 2.

From Fox? 2.

If you pick any other movie genre there are bound to be many more than 6. And this doesn't include the fact that DC and Fox have each never released 2 movies in the same year. They often don't even release 1. So, before this year, at MOST there have been 3 superhero movies per year.

That's it---they're not going to tell an origin story. They shouldn't have done so with the first Amazing Spidey flick but those filmmakers were idiots.

Did you at least enjoy William Dafoe as Green Goblin?

I'm personally looking forward to this. Toby Maguire can't ruin spidey/peter with his inability to act as a human being and I felt they captured Spidey pretty well with what little they showed in Civil War.

Did you at least enjoy William Dafoe as Green Goblin?

I'm personally looking forward to this. Toby Maguire can't ruin spidey/peter with his inability to act as a human being and I felt they captured Spidey pretty well with what little they showed in Civil War.

I did like Spidey's 1 & 2. Dafoe as Osborne was part of the goodness. I just hated the Goblin metal suit.

In all the Spidey movies so far, the best actor/character has been whatshisname as J. Jonah Jameson.

Spidey 2 (excellent) > Spidey 1 (good) [huge gap] > Spidey 3 > Amazing Spidey 1 > Amazing Spidey 2

And yeah, Spidey's depiction in Cap 3 was more and much better than I expected.

Oh, I'm looking forward to this too. And I believe it'll be fine. I was just saying that the trailer is somewhat unspectacular/unamazing. :blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I agree with this.

As far as the trailer goes, when I saw the thread title I thought, "here we go again" and I wasn't excited at all to see whatever the newest reboot of Spiderman had to offer. But after seeing the trailer, I now want to see it. It looks funny and entertaining; two things I wasn't expecting out of another Spiderman movie.

Middle Earth and Harry Potter aren't fair comparisons as they had the plots entirely thought out in another medium. In that sense they belong to an entirely different category to Marvel or even Star Trek/Wars. They are adaptations of established literature.

With Spider Man its just very haphazard. No long term thought seems to have been put into the story arcs of the first two franchises at all.

I still think they should abandon Spider Man altogether and get Watchmen back on track.

Edited by Segue Myles

Middle Earth and Harry Potter aren't fair comparisons as they had the plots entirely thought out in another medium. In that sense they belong to an entirely different category to Marvel or even Star Trek/Wars. They are adaptations of established literature.

With Spider Man its just very haphazard. No long term thought seems to have been put into the story arcs of the first two franchises at all.

I still think they should abandon Spider Man altogether and get Watchmen back on track.

I was only comparing the number of films because the comment "too many films" was made.

I blame Sony for all the Spidey screw ups. I also blame Fox for all the X-Men screw ups. The MCU flicks haven't had any screw ups even remotely close because it's Marvel people making Marvel movies and not non-Marvel people making Marvel movies.

• Like 2

I was only comparing the number of films because the comment "too many films" was made.

I blame Sony for all the Spidey screw ups. I also blame Fox for all the X-Men screw ups. The MCU flicks haven't had any screw ups even remotely close because it's Marvel people making Marvel movies and not non-Marvel people making Marvel movies.

There were two many Hobbit movies but the argument can't be made for HP or LOTR. They stuck true to the source material and the number is justified.

What I don't get about Spiderman though is why was 3 ever allowed to happen? Also why are these movies rarely close to the source material?

Edited by Segue Myles

Looking forward to this, because I loved him in Cap 3.

I'm thinking this. I think being part of a bigger, more established franchise will be the making of this Spiderman era.

• Like 2

There were two many Hobbit movies but the argument can't be made for HP or LOTR. They stuck true to the source material and the number is justified.

What I don't get about Spiderman though is why was 3 ever allowed to happen? Also why are these movies rarely close to the source material?

The answer to your second question is connected to my previous comment. Sony and Fox aren't Marvel people and are clueless as to the characters and the deeper stories that define those characters.

What's weird to me is how off some of the characters in Guardians of the Galaxy are so off YET some are near perfect copies from the comic. The movie worked well though probably because it was still under the guidance and plans of Marvel people, unlike the X-Men and previous Spidey films.

4 Spidermans in 15 Years???

This franchise is the Van Halen of Movie Franchises.

According to my 10th grade math, at this rate over the next 60 years there will be 22 movies played by....

3....carry..the 1...plus....7......

8000!!! Different actors to play Spiderman

The first Spiderman movie was pretty good but I think they went downhill immediately afterwards. To be honest I'm really sick of super hero movies. They all seem to be really blah and more so as the years go on.
  • Like 2

4 Spidermans in 15 Years???

This franchise is the Van Halen of Movie Franchises.

According to my 10th grade math, at this rate over the next 60 years there will be 22 movies played by....

3....carry..the 1...plus....7......

8000!!! Different actors to play Spiderman

This is what happens when you have brainless Sony in control. Luckily, the MCU managed to make a deal with them and we're getting this third Spidey incarnation. The Marvel superhero movies that people generally agree about hating aren't those by the MCU, but the ones by Sony and Fox. Plus, I think the general public doesn't pay attention to those things so superhero movies all get lumped together. I've said this many times: at least half of the superhero movies out there are crap...but they're not the ones done by the MCU.

• Like 1