Does the weather affect your mood?

treeduck

The weather never affects my mood. I don't mind what the weather is doing or what season we're in.

Also music doesn't affect my mood either. Music is just music.

My moods are not controlled by these extraneous factors.

• Like 1

I can't help but smile when I go outside and see a fresh coat of snow on everything. It's so nice to see an unbroken, puffy coat of snow covering everything from the streets to the skyline. Aside from that no it does not. Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 2

I would think for most people it would. I live in a generally excellent climate and when it's not nice which is only mostly for a couple months I think it's a bit of a bummer. As mentioned earlier the darkness by 5:00 sucks too and maybe even moreso than the weather... Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

I really haven't noticed it at all since I've lived in Arizona. The shortening days used to really affect my mood and I dreaded the coming of winter and the dark dreary days. Now with every day pretty much all sunshine I don't even feel it.
  • Like 1

Not in a major way, but I would like to move to a colder climate in the future.

How cold? Like the Arctic??

More like Wisconsin or Michigan... I've also always entertained the idea of Alaska.

So where are you now then?

The weather never affects my mood. I don't mind what the weather is doing or what season we're in.

All you've done is PROVE you're NOT HUMAN. Go back to whichever planet you belong to, bitch. :LOL:

I have Seasonal Affective Disorder have since I was about 13...luckily CFLs [curly Fluorescent lights] which are the only lamps I have in my Apt. these days, replace the 4ft. fluorescent fixtures I used to have to use......

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/rocket%20banana.gif

• Like 1

All you've done is PROVE you're NOT HUMAN. Go back to whichever planet you belong to, bitch. :LOL:

I have Seasonal Affective Disorder have since I was about 13...luckily CFLs [curly Fluorescent lights] which are the only lamps I have in my Apt. these days, replace the 4ft. fluorescent fixtures I used to have to use......

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/rocket%20banana.gif

:dweez:

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.

You're supposed to be DEAD, Karen...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Dead%20banana.gif

The weather affects everyone's mood.

Not mine.

Boy, you can sure LIE like a human!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

More like Wisconsin or Michigan... I've also always entertained the idea of Alaska.

Northern Califonia, so if the weather ever gets me down it's because it's a huge heat wave.

It's dark at about 4:30 here and barely double digits...chase this with the ice and snow the wind is currently blowing at my window...yeah, it certainly is a factor in my mood. (especially lack of sun)

Northern Califonia, so if the weather ever gets me down it's because it's a huge heat wave.

Or a cloudy rainy day?

The weather affects everyone's mood.

Not mine.

IF it affects everyone's mood then for some it'd have to be to such a small degree that it'd be virtually insignificant. When I lived in Portland, Oregon, there were grey skies nearly all day every day for 5 months straight from November to March. 7am, 10am, 2pm, and 6pm looked the same. However, I don't remember feeling particularly down during those months or religiously uplifted every day when the weather was gorgeous in the spring and summer. This isn't to say that the gloomy autumn/winter darkness doesn't affect Northwesterners. It does...but at varying degrees. Seattle's weather is notorious for affecting people's moods.

I will say that the FIRST spring day of sunshine in Portland did make me a happy guy though. BUT the first gloomy days of autumn (or the several that followed) never bothered me.

I don't know what the weather is like in Portland TODAY but I BET that it's grey skies with a light rain. Check tomorrow around 2pm their time and I BET AGAIN it's the same. Still, there will be heaps of happy hippies and hipsters there going on about their day.

• Like 1

Or a cloudy rainy day?

No, those are fine, and despite our state of drought we get them and have been getting them (at least in my area) more than most people may think.

The heat waves only effect my mood sometimes because it's hard to deal with the heat physically, and so I get irritated.

Or a cloudy rainy day?

No, those are fine, and despite our state of drought we get them and have been getting them (at least in my area) more than most people may think.

The heat waves only effect my mood sometimes because it's hard to deal with the heat physically, and so I get irritated.

:hail: