Peace Sign on Xanadu?

Why is it a thing that during Xanadu everyone in the audience puts up the peace sign? Geddy throws it up too during parts of it, how did it start? Is it literally only because it's from the 70s, and everyone in the 70s just did that, just 'cause? Lol

Maybe he means V for Victory... like Rush finally got the (some) critics to like them, or least respect them. Or, in the very least, not be A holes to them.
  • Like 1

Xanadu by Rush???

I think I speak for everyone on the TRF when I say......We have never listened to that song

As we all know, "Xanadu" was inspired by Coleridge's "Kubla Khan". The peace symbol Geddy makes is actually a "V" sign which refers back to "Vision". That is, "A Vision in a Dream" which is the other working title for "Xanadu".

Two of those sentences are true, and the other one might be...but I just made that one up.

"A Vision in a Dream" sounds like a pilfered Peart lyric doesn't it?

Maybe he means V for Victory... like Rush finally got the (some) critics to like them, or least respect them. Or, in the very least, not be A holes to them.

I think that's originally what the two-finger sign meant.. Victory after WWII. Then the 60's came along.