Classic 60s concert video

Ancient Ways

I'm about 20 minutes in, and what is striking me is how all of these songs would sound equally great with just an acoustic guitar and a singer - it's chords, melody and lyrics, that's it .. Simple, very well written songs - they all had the foundation ..

Songwriting like this has become so unappreciated

• Like 1

I'm about 20 minutes in, and what is striking me is how all of these songs would sound equally great with just an acoustic guitar and a singer - it's chords, melody and lyrics, that's it .. Simple, very well written songs - they all had the foundation ..

Songwriting like this has become so unappreciated

No pyro, no lights just songs. And for the most part the singing is spot on. The kinks don't sound particularly good in vocals but that's about it.

• Like 2

The transition of rhythm & blues to pop culture .. Chuck Berry, Bo Diddly etc covered here, but everyone is white

I think that is an element that we forget about nowadays - the integration and melding of cultures probably put a lot of people off

That's rock and roll

Once that became more mainstream, rock had to up the ante and the next generation took things a step further

• Like 1