Rehearsed Songs That Didn't Make the Final Set

Starman2113

I remember hearing about AFTKs and being bummed at the time that it was apparently beyond his range. Which in retrospect seems really odd because it's not really a high pitched song.
  • Like 1

Apparently, Open Secrets was rehearsed for the HYF tour, but was dropped in favor of Turn The Page.

I like both, but I prefer Trun the Page

I heard that Entre Nous was soundchecked during the Permanent Waves tour. They didn't end up playing it in a set until the Snakes & Arrows Tour.
  • Like 3

I wonder why Faithless wasn't played on the Snakes tour but it was played on Time Machine.

I wish they had never played it -- it's one of their worst songs IMO. But they probably did not play it on the SnA tour due to time constraints and the fact that they were already front loading the 2nd set with SnA songs already. Seems a similar thing happened with the track "Presto" - I remember reading somewhere that they wanted to play it on the Presto Tour but time constraints and a desire to play other songs from that album got it bumped. Interestingly, it got played on the TMT as well. I guess they could have done a song rotation thing, but who knows?

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 2

I remember hearing about AFTKs and being bummed at the time that it was apparently beyond his range. Which in retrospect seems really odd because it's not really a high pitched song.

Maybe if they cut out the "EYES cast down on the PATH of LEAST... RESISTANCEEEeeEeE!!!!!" part.

• Like 1

I remeber reading an interview back in 2002 that both "Vapor Trail" and another song from the same album ("Nocturne")? were rehearsed and "ready to go" on that tour.

I don't like Vapor Trails too much but I LOVE the song "Vapor Trail" that guitar and Geddy's verse delivery is excellent.

• Like 3

This is interest stuff .... Where do you guys read about this ??

The rumor about AFTK being rehearsed i've read a handful of times on the internet. So, i'm guessing there's a little bit of truth to that. I think it would have been great as the first song of the encore.

• Like 2

Time & Motion was rehearsed for the TFE Tour, sad that that one never made it on

Yes, it did.

They dropped it after the first couple weeks. I saw them play it the second night of the tour.

Yeah, Geddy couldn't sing it well with all the harmonies being played around his main vocals :/ sad stuff lol

• Like 2

Time & Motion was rehearsed for the TFE Tour, sad that that one never made it on

Yes, it did.

They dropped it after the first couple weeks. I saw them play it the second night of the tour.

I remember reading that they dropped that one, and was disappointed, because its one of my faves from that album.