Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them

Rhyta

Thought I'd start a thread for this one since it was mentioned in the Dr. Strange one.

I have seen it in both 3D and 2D and it was "Fantastic" loved the creatures, some of whom I don't remember in the HP books. Redmayne does a great job as the fumbling Newt Scamander. Nice to have it take place in NY and show the differences in american wizards vs the brits. I usually don't like the 3D but it added a nice touch, at one point there was a cute little flying thing hovering in front of the screen and I could have sworn I could have reached out to touch it.

Took my cousin the second time and she hadn't read any HP but felt like she could follow along ok.

Only wish JK Rowling would actually have written a novel tie in rather than just put the actual screenplay out there, who wants to read that???

Edited by Rhyta

My favourite film for quite a few years.

Loved everything about it.

This isn't meant to offend anyone...

But I get why J.K. Rowling's world is a turn off for many.

I have never liked Star Wars, and fail to see the appeal. I guess based on that alone it makes sense to me why you'd dislike something I love.

Although I do like Star Wars more now than when I was younger. I enjoyed The Force Awakens. And Rogue One looks promising.

I have never liked Star Wars, and fail to see the appeal. I guess based on that alone it makes sense to me why you'd dislike something I love.

Although I do like Star Wars more now than when I was younger. I enjoyed The Force Awakens. And Rogue One looks promising.

Well with me, Star Wars JUST passed the .500 mark with Force Awakens last year. The prequels weren't good and the best of those 3 (Revenge of the Sith) was tolerable in parts and laughable and embarrassing in others. The first three were good fun but I'm sure my age when they came out (age 5-11) had a lot to do with it. They're still enjoyable though.

• Like 1

I like the World of Potter. I just found Beasts to be amazingly cliche-ridden and uninteresting in relation to my expectations. The old suitcase switcheroo trope, and downhill from there (other than the Dish, who did an incredible job).

It would seem that the main appeal of this movie is so Harry Potter fans can return to their fantasy. I found the characters to be about as generic as they come.