Vapor Trails or Vapor Trail?

Justus_2112

I regards to the song (not the album), is it "Vapor Trails" or "Vapor Trail"

The CD case says "Vapor Trail" but when I put it in iTunes, it called it "Vapor Trails." Different people say different things, but what is the proper name of the song?

Rush chose v-a-p-o-r so there's no debate here.

Well one of Rush did anyway...

GW One last question: Why no "u" in Vapor Trails? I mean, that would be the Canadian way to spell it.

LEE That's an argument I was not prepared to have with Neil.

LlFESON Yeah, we were both on the "u" side, the proper English spelling.

LEE I used the "u" on my album, My Favorite Headache, for Britain and Canada: My Favourite Headache. But Neil tends to the U.S. He likes the simpler spellings. So I'd put the "u" in there, if it were left to me. But I'm not fighting for a "u."

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/transcripts/20020800guitarworld.htm

• Like 7

GW One last question: Why no "u" in Vapor Trails? I mean, that would be the Canadian way to spell it.

LEE I used the "u" on my album, My Favorite Headache, for Britain and Canada: My Favourite Headache. But Neil tends to the U.S. He likes the simpler spellings. So I'd put the "u" in there, if it were left to me. But I'm not fighting for a "u."

That's a great excerpt. But the point is that they (Lee & Lifeson) agreed to it. And the truth is that "u" or no "u" isn't stupid. It's simply another way of spelling the same word. They're both universally understood and both are 100% correct.

Rush are also on record as saying that all of their decisions are unanimous or they don't go forward. You'll need to pick which one to believe.

• Like 1

It should be Vapour, they're Canadian...

Vapour just looks stupid.

Your comment is stupid since both are correct.

Well, that's just yor opinion.
  • Like 2

http://www.2112.net/...guitarworld.htm

Rush are also on record as saying that all of their decisions are unanimous or they don't go forward. You'll need to pick which one to believe.

They decided to leave out the U because Geddy and Alex didn't care as much about it as Neil did, and didn't want to pursue the argument. That is not inconsistent with a unanimous decision.

Inconsistent with a unanimous decision would be something more like "Yeah, me and Alex thought it should be spelled with a U but that bastard Neil went behind our backs and arranged for it to be spelled without one, and by the time we found out, it was too late/not worth it to try to change it!"

I see what you did there.

I like it.

Haha!

• Like 2

I see what you did there.

I like it.

Haha!

Shold be able to get some mileage out of it.
  • Like 1

They decided to leave out the U because Geddy and Alex didn't care as much about it as Neil did, and didn't want to pursue the argument. That is not inconsistent with a unanimous decision.

Inconsistent with a unanimous decision would be something more like "Yeah, me and Alex thought it should be spelled with a U but that bastard Neil went behind our backs and arranged for it to be spelled without one, and by the time we found out, it was too late/not worth it to try to change it!"

That's what I said?

That's what I said?

Not that I could tell! You seem to me to be saying that the fact that Vapor Trails is spelled without the U contradicts the statement that all of their decisions are unanimous or they don't go forward, and I don't believe that it does.

That's what I said?

Not that I could tell! You seem to me to be saying that the fact that Vapor Trails is spelled without the U contradicts the statement that all of their decisions are unanimous or they don't go forward, and I don't believe that it does.

Not at all. I'm saying either they made a unanimous decision or geddy and Alex wanted it with a U while Neil overruled their decision. Both can't be true.

That's what I said?

Not at all. I'm saying either they made a unanimous decision or geddy and Alex wanted it with a U while Neil overruled their decision. Both can't be true.

The best version is...

VAPOUR Trails by

The Tragically Hip

mic drop.

• Like 1