"Stranger Things" Have Happened! I'm Finally In Love With A TV Show! Super 8, Goonies, ET, John Carpenter, The Thing, Alien, Poltergeist! 1983 Baby

RUSHHEAD666

Everyone in the country has been talking about this new Netflix Feature called "Stranger Things."

I saw the poster for it many months ago.

It looked incredible but I wanted to wait for the blu-ray release.

It doesn't exist yet but my oldest daughter told me to watch all 8 episodes ON DEMAND!

SO I GAVE IN!!!!

I watched all 8 episodes in 2 days!!

HOOKED!

ADDICTED!!

"Should I Stay Or Should I Go?"

Wow!

I saw The Clash and The Who on the "Combat Rock" and "It's Hard" Tour. 1982!!! I was 14 years old!!!!

This show really hit me hard.

So many passions and connections for me.

The homages are off the charts. Even Mike mentions "Michael Myers."

"The Thing" by Carpenter is in the show.

The soundtrack is OFF THE CHARTS!!!!!!!!!!

GOBLIN MEETS CARPENTER MEETS STEVE MOORE!!!

PURE BLISS!

I LOVE THE SPLATTERED VINYL OF THE SOUNDTRACK!!! SO MANY VARIANTS!!

LOVE,

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 4

Everyone in the country has been talking about this new Netflix Feature called "Stranger Things."

It doesn't exist yet but my oldest daughter told me to watch all 8 episodes ON DEMAND!

SO I GAVE IN!!!!

HOOKED!

ADDICTED!!

Wow!

I saw The Clash and The Who on the "Combat Rock" and "It's Hard" Tour. 1982!!! I was 14 years old!!!!

PURE BLISS!

LOVE,

What's it about Earl, aliens?? :AlienSmiley:

SO I GAVE IN!!!!

HOOKED!

ADDICTED!!

Wow!

PURE BLISS!

LOVE,

If Earl were a character in one of the 80s movies, he'd be Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China talking into a recorder while driving a big rig.

• Like 2

Just make it like it was the 80s and that's all you need to sell Earl on something new.

It's a really good show. We were talking about it on here when it was released. I think it was in the what are you watching thread. There will be a second season. Very curious to see what they do with it.

Earl, do you watch The Goldbergs? That show is about everything 80s.

• Like 1

One season and this shit is up there with my favorite shows. I loved everything but the flashing lights in the last episode. :wacko:

Is it better than Ric Flair being thrown into the turnbuckle then flipping and going outside the ring as he used to back in the day?

What do you mean used to back in the day?

He did that all the way up to when he "retired" in 2008. Would still do it now if anyone is stupid enough to let him have a match :LOL:

• Like 3

One season and this shit is up there with my favorite shows. I loved everything but the flashing lights in the last episode. :wacko:

Is it better than Ric Flair being thrown into the turnbuckle then flipping and going outside the ring as he used to back in the day?

What do you mean used to back in the day?

He did that all the way up to when he "retired" in 2008. Would still do it now if anyone is stupid enough to let him have a match :LOL:

I haven't watched in 25 years. I didn't know he continued all the way up to 2008. But I'm extremely pleased to know that he continued to do so!!!!! Woooooooo........

• Like 1

I love this show. Best TV show in years, and if season 2 sucks, I am just glad season 1 works great as a stand alone!

10/10, I watched the whole lot in about two days. I just saw the poster, gave it a go...and was hooked from the opening scene.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I love this show. Best TV show in years, and if season 2 sucks, I am just glad season 1 works great as a stand alone!

10/10, I watched the whole lot in about two days. I just saw the poster, gave it a go...and was hooked from the opening scene.

I liked it but it just built up and didn't really go anywhere. I just kind of shook my hand when it was over and wondered if that was it.

I liked it but it just built up and didn't really go anywhere. I just kind of shook my hand when it was over and wondered if that was it.

I wonder if a second viewing might lessen the impact. I can't say I disagree with you, because sometimes you can enjoy something so much it clouds judgement. I will rewatch this and see if I can get where you are coming from. It didn't end quite like how I expected but I remember thinking that was a good thing.

Can't wait for the VHS

http://www.strangerthingstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/stranger-things-blu-ray-dvd-release-inside-1.jpg

.. I actually missed out on the entire thing, so I am in serious need of catching up !!!

• Like 1

I wonder if a second viewing might lessen the impact. I can't say I disagree with you, because sometimes you can enjoy something so much it clouds judgement. I will rewatch this and see if I can get where you are coming from. It didn't end quite like how I expected but I remember thinking that was a good thing.

I'm half way through watching it again and I love it even more!! I'm picking up so much stuff that I didn't catch the first time!!!!!!

EPIC SHOW!

Just make it like it was the 80s and that's all you need to sell Earl on something new.

It's a really good show. We were talking about it on here when it was released. I think it was in the what are you watching thread. There will be a second season. Very curious to see what they do with it.

Earl, do you watch The Goldbergs? That show is about everything 80s.

No! I've never heard of The Goldbergs!!

THANKS!

SO I GAVE IN!!!!

HOOKED!

ADDICTED!!

Wow!

PURE BLISS!

LOVE,

If Earl were a character in one of the 80s movies, he'd be Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China talking into a recorder while driving a big rig.

Haha!

Some say I look like a cross between Bobby Brady, Peter Brady and Greg Brady.

I am sooooo bummed Florence Henderson died tonight!!! UGH!!!

SO I GAVE IN!!!!

HOOKED!

ADDICTED!!

Wow!

PURE BLISS!

LOVE,

PAT!

YOU WOULD LOVE IT!!!!!

Aliens, Monsters, weird shit!

You would dig it!!!

• Like 1

For some reason my comment disappeared.

Anyway. I just thought El's character was vastly underdeveloped and wasn't explained very well. And what happens to her seems too simplistic and the kids reactions led to a bit of eye rolling.

Edited by EagleMoon

SO I GAVE IN!!!!

HOOKED!

ADDICTED!!

Wow!

PURE BLISS!

LOVE,

PAT!

YOU WOULD LOVE IT!!!!!

You would dig it!!!

Who's in it? Anyone good?

SO I GAVE IN!!!!

HOOKED!

ADDICTED!!

Wow!

PURE BLISS!

LOVE,

PAT!

YOU WOULD LOVE IT!!!!!

You would dig it!!!

Who's in it? Anyone good?

Winona Ryder is the female lead in it. She's the big name on the show. Is she still considered a big name now? The other main focus is on the kids who are friends with her son who has gone missing. So they went with a number of unknowns to play the kids.

But the show isn't about who's in it as much as it's about the unique story and how everything is presented.

• Like 1

Can someone explain this show? Or is it cool, and does not make sense?

You all love it, but no one can describe it....

Every picture from it is white kids riding bicycles....not wasting 8 hours unless it's a home run.

May wait until Season 2 is out then watch both seasons....IF.......Season 2 is any good