Imaginations on fire

Focused high on soaring ambitions

Consumed in a single desire

In the grip of a nameless possession

A slave to a driving obsession

A spirit with a vision

Is a dream with a mission

• Like 2

I love Vapor Trails lyrics and they are some of the best, but I left out Far Cry. Far cry is well written

Does anyone else believe the space ship in countdown was the Rocinate.

I don't think that can be, no- they have said for a long time that the lyrics to Countdown refer to the maiden launch of the space shuttle program, in 1981- which they witnessed.

• Like 1

A simple kind of mirror

To reflect upon our own

All the busy little creatures

Chasing out their destinies

But living in thier pools,

They soon forget about the sea

• Like 2

Thanks for the info, I messed up badly.

No worries- I didn't actually know that myself until a couple of years ago. But evidently they said as much in interviews a long time back, and just in reading the lyrics, it's pretty apparent.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom, Watch lights fade from every room. Bedsitter people look back and lament,

Another day's useless energy spent. Impassioned lovers wrestle as one, Lonely man cries for love and has none.

New mother picks up and suckles her son, Senior citizens wish they were young. Cold hearted orb that rules the night,

Removes the colours from our sight. Red is grey and yellow white. But we decide which is right.

And which is an illusion?

WAIT, I'm Now being told this was NOT written by Neil Peart.....carry on

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Edit: Now I had to go listen to the song and fly back 47 years in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IAjGdmFKf8E

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

How It Is: "You can't tell yourself not to care / You can't tell yourself how to feel / That's how it is."

The Way the Wind Blows: "Like the solitary pine / On a bare wind-blasted shore / We can only grow the way the wind blows in our elemental war."

Mission: "It's cold comfort / To the ones without it / To know how they struggled / How they suffered about it."

The Pass: "No hero in your tragedy / No daring in your escape / No salutes for your surrender / Nothing noble in your fate / Christ, what have you done?"

BU2B: "The joy and pain that we receive each comes with its own cost / The price of what we're winning is the same as what we've lost."

Tai Shan: "I thought of time and distance / The hardships of history / I heard the hope and the hunger / When China sang to me."

Secret Touch: "You can never break the chain / There is never love without pain."

• Like 3

How It Is: "You can't tell yourself not to care / You can't tell yourself how to feel / That's how it is."

The Way the Wind Blows: "Like the solitary pine / On a bare wind-blasted shore / We can only grow the way the wind blows in our elemental war."

Mission: "It's cold comfort / To the ones without it / To know how they struggled / How they suffered about it."

The Pass: "No hero in your tragedy / No daring in your escape / No salutes for your surrender / Nothing noble in your fate / Christ, what have you done?"

BU2B: "The joy and pain that we receive each comes with its own cost / The price of what we're winning is the same as what we've lost."

Tai Shan: "I thought of time and distance / The hardships of history / I heard the hope and the hunger / When China sang to me."

Secret Touch: "You can never break the chain / There is never love without pain."

Good choices!

:cheers:

I find no absolution

In my rational point of view

Maybe some things are instinctive

But there's one thing you could do

You could try to understand me

I could try to understand you

• Like 6

I don't consider any Rush lyrics deep, but a few of them speak to me more than others.

"I'm not the only soul accused of hit and run. Tire tracks all across your back - I can, I can see you had your fun." Can't recall the song...

• Like 1

I don't consider any Rush lyrics deep, but a few of them speak to me more than others.

"I'm not the only soul accused of hit and run. Tire tracks all across your back - I can, I can see you had your fun." Can't recall the song...

I can hear it. I'm not young anymore and things don't come to my mind that quickly. Give me a few and I'll think of it.

EDIT: I'm getting lazy so I cheated and googled them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IJvr1Cdvblk

Edited by Lorraine

To you, is it movement or is it action?

Is it contact or just reaction?

And you...revolution or just resistance?

Is it living, or just existence?

http://i.imgur.com/6YYpdbO.png

Yeah you! It takes a little more persistence

To get up and go the distance!

Great ones there! :)

• Like 1

I find no absolution

In my rational point of view

Maybe some things are instinctive

But there's one thing you could do

:yes:

I can hear it. I'm not young anymore and things don't come to my mind that quickly. Give me a few and I'll think of it.

EDIT: I'm getting lazy so I cheated and googled them. https://www.youtube....e&v=IJvr1Cdvblk

:haz:

EDIT: I'm getting lazy so I cheated and googled them. https://www.youtube....e&v=IJvr1Cdvblk

:haz:

Hendrix! Good stuff.

• Like 1

The one Rush lyric I have always loved, quoted, and adhered to is the "I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend" lyric from "Limelight."

Simple, true, effective, and deep.

That's one that Neil has heard parroted back to him plenty of times over the years.

"In a dog's life, a year is really more like seven...and all too soon, a canine will be chasing cars in doggie heaven!"

Seems to me, as I make my own few circles round the sun, we get it backwards, and lyrics don't get deeper than this one!