Rush Time Stand Still returns to cinemas. One Night Only!

JohnnyBlaze

Time Stand Still returns to cinemas  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will you watch it on November 17th?

• Of course! I want to cry in the cinema with Rush folk again!
    • Yes! I missed it the first time around. I'd like to cry with my Rush brethen.
    • No. Once was enough. I wouldn't be able to cry as hard as last time.
    • No. The stupid cinemas near my place don't show it. I want to kill...and cry!
    • I might. I still haven't stopped crying from the first viewing.
    • No, I can wait until the DVD. I like crying in the sanctity of my abode.

Blaze! Get your awesome thread back on track! I already tried to!!!

You are fuckingg awesome!!

Most Rush Forum Fruits would have a cow about hijacking.

I'm so old I don't hijack shite, I just ramble.

I'm on a "Night Train."

Not Guns N Roses amigo.

PETE TOWNSHEND!!!

Dude, I saw Simon Phillips last night with Hiromi.

Blew my fukking mind.

I'm in love.

I want to marry Hiromi.

She's the fuckking Jimi Hendrix of jazz fusion piano!!!!

When am I flying to Japan to hang with you?

Take me to all of your cd record stores!

Cheers buddy!

I apologize to you for not playing by the rules on here.

You are a good man.

If it wasn't for you and Duck and Lucas and Gina and Goose and well many others, I wouldn't waste my time on here.

RUSH IS DEAD.

So sad.

But TRF LIVES ON!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

SUPPORT THE TROOPS!!!!

SUPPORT AMERICA LIBERALS!

I am OUT!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Earl, as far as your SOCN-zone protesting posts go...

Camera got them images

Camera got them all

Nothing's shocking

Hahaha! I'm a SOCN PROTESTER!

Well I know my views aren't allowed there.

Guess I'm a total hypocrite!

Love it.

You know I'm writing a book about hypocrisy right?

The title of my book is called.

"Hypocritical Mass."

In stores June 1st 2112

You're a lunatic (fringe) Earl. I don't care about thread hijackings. I do it myself sometimes.

This thread is here mainly for those that missed the movie the first time in the cinema. If someone wants to watch it again on the big screen, this is good for them too. All the side chatter about this and that and you finally getting laid is as natural as real world conversations that digress soooo from that angle too, thread hijackings (off) don't matter.

:hail:

• Like 1

You're a lunatic (fringe) Earl. I don't care about thread hijackings. I do it myself sometimes.

This thread is here mainly for those that missed the movie the first time in the cinema. If someone wants to watch it again on the big screen, this is good for them too. All the side chatter about this and that and you finally getting laid is as natural as real world conversations that digress soooo from that angle too, thread hijackings (off) don't matter.

:hail:

Hahaha!!

I could type on forever man!

"Lunatic Fringe?" One hit wonder! Red Rider!

Give me "Red Lenses" instead!

I love thread hijackings!

It makes things so much more interesting!!!

Now that RUSH is dead, how long will this Forum stay alive?

I guess it's up to the Powers That Be.

"Be" rhymes with 73.

RUSH ON!!!

• Like 1

I would definitely see it again in the theater, sure. But I won't go a second time. The commercial release for home viewing is the next day.

Besides, I probably should be let out of the house as seldom as possible, and I went to the first showing last week, so :huh:

Anybody who hasn't seen it and has the opportunity to do so in the theater, I highly recommend it!

• Like 1

No. The stupid cinemas near my place don't show it. I want to kill...and cry!

I'm in the same killing and crying boat! :blaze:

THANK YOU SO MUCH, JB !!!! I missed it last week because I was sick from my flu shot. This is great! It is even in a theater only about 25 min. away !!

But can't you and Zumbi preorder it from Amazon US and get it mailed out on the 18th, when it comes out? Or will it be the wrong Region for the DVD players that you have? Or can you just get it on Blu-Ray? ( I am probably the only person in the world that still has just DVD . . . )

No problem.

Sure I've got Blu-Ray but that doesn't mean it's region free. Nearly all of the DVDs I bought stateside do NOT play on my Blu-Ray. The Blu-Ray for this doc will likely be available early next month...at import costs probably.. :blaze:

:( Shoot, that's too bad. I thought DVD's were region free for some reason.

I asked some Best Buy staff about that a few years ago. He said something about having to set some code/settings on the player and bla bla bla he didn't know how to do that and that he had to ask his manager and bla bla bla. I got so bored with his rambling explanation that i wanted to switch back to VHS.

Of course there are some region free players but I've never seen them.

:( Maybe you will be able to get it by Christmas to go with your Kentucky Fried Chicken! :)

I'm in the same killing and crying boat! :blaze:

THANK YOU SO MUCH, JB !!!! I missed it last week because I was sick from my flu shot. This is great! It is even in a theater only about 25 min. away !!

But can't you and Zumbi preorder it from Amazon US and get it mailed out on the 18th, when it comes out? Or will it be the wrong Region for the DVD players that you have? Or can you just get it on Blu-Ray? ( I am probably the only person in the world that still has just DVD . . . )

No problem.

Sure I've got Blu-Ray but that doesn't mean it's region free. Nearly all of the DVDs I bought stateside do NOT play on my Blu-Ray. The Blu-Ray for this doc will likely be available early next month...at import costs probably.. :blaze:

:( Shoot, that's too bad. I thought DVD's were region free for some reason.

I asked some Best Buy staff about that a few years ago. He said something about having to set some code/settings on the player and bla bla bla he didn't know how to do that and that he had to ask his manager and bla bla bla. I got so bored with his rambling explanation that i wanted to switch back to VHS.

:( Maybe you will be able to get it by Christmas to go with your Kentucky Fried Chicken! :)

I told you about KFC Christmas? You have a good memory if so. I don't do it but millions do. I've already seen the Christmas order forms on display in restaurant windows.

I told you about KFC Christmas? You have a good memory if so. I don't do it but millions do. I've already seen the Christmas order forms on display in restaurant windows.

Yeah, I guess I should have made that a wink at you! I think last year you were posting about how it was a big thing in Japan to get KFC for Christmas. I guess I remembered that because it's my Dad's favorite meal of all time. I was thinking he wouldn't mind a Christmas dinner in Japan. :) I like roast beef or ham myself!

Edited by blueschica

Yeah, I guess I should have made that a wink at you! I think last year you were posting about how it was a big thing in Japan to get KFC for Christmas. I guess I remembered that because it's my Dad's favorite meal of all time. I was thinking he wouldn't mind a Christmas dinner in Japan. :) I like roast beef or ham myself!

I'll get the KFC Christmas dinner order form ready for your pop! :LOL:

I miss the Blaze Christmas gatherings stateside-- BigDaddyBlaze's roast pork, fried turkey, prime rib, deep fried spring rolls, baked fish, and all sorts of other devilish dinner delights. And then there's the dessert table to think about! I feel like a glutton just fantasizing about it :blaze: :LOL:

• Like 1

I will be waiting on the DVD since I will be seeing Steven Wilson in Atlanta that night. :haz:
  • Like 2

Hey Blaze!!

You are Tenacious D!!! THE PICK OF DESTINY!!

Just bought my ticket to see "TIME STAND STILL" for my second time on November 17th!!!

A second chance of reality!!!

RUSH ON BROTHER!

Don't know anything about Tenacious D other than Jack Black is in it. Whatever the hell "it" is. Fake band, right? Or are they real? Or is it a movie? Or is it all of those things? Anyway, enjoy the flick. It's probably not even showing anywhere in this hemisphere. So I don't want to hear anyone's bullshit a la "This sucks, I'd have to drive 45 minutes to the next town to see it!" :LOL:

If you have the time and it's within a couple hours drive, see the damn movie! :blaze:

I work swing shift and need(ed) it to be shown on a Saturday or Sunday night to go see it in the theater. So, I have no choice but to wait for it to arrive on Friday (I paid Amazon extra to get it on the release date). Probably won't have a chance to watch it until Saturday unless it arrives early Friday morning and if they send it via USPS, that ain't gonna happen cuz my mail arrives about 4:30 in the afternoon. :( Edited by driventotheedge

Couldn't make the initial showing, went tonight with my 17 year old daughter. Theater was over an hour away but so be it, and only a handful of folks in attendance. We both enjoyed it quite a bit and glad we saw it on the big screen. Everything I've loved about these guys for 40 years, the humor, the wit, the gentle charm at times, the camaraderie; a bit of everything in this film but the last 30 minutes an overwhelming sense of finality from each of them..this was their farewell to us.

When the lights came up, noticed a mother & daughter sitting behind us, the mom visibly teary-eyed...I looked at her and smiled, and whispered "it's ok"...she looked up and smiled back. Nice way to end the night I think.

• Like 2

i saw it when i was in toronto. my friend Abby and i were crying at the end as soon as that song came on (im not giving spoilers). it was quite an emotional journey but it showcased their humor pretty well. i would've loved to take my dad to see it but he wasn't able to go. i'm not sure if i'll get it for him on christmas or not because for me it's really one of those things that you only wanna watch once or twice and then not be reminded of how sad it is.

1- No theaters near me showed it

2- I hate theaters

3- I can get it online free on 11-18-2016

4- I am going to need more beer

• Like 1

2- I hate theaters

You're not going to buy it?

.38 SPECIAL baby!

Love,

"Caught Up In You"

Was your date wearing pink satin shorts? :drool:

The last time one of Earl's dates wore pink satin shorts, he immediately pulled his pants down and made a dash toward her from his car. Pants down to his ankles and everything. Well, she ran inside immediately and bolted the door. The restraining order came soon after.

Earl's motto regarding his date's attire is "Less is more".

I can't make this stuff up.

:blaze:

• Like 1

2- I hate theaters

It ended up being the same here! The movie website said it would be here, but in reality they had Fantastic Beasts on a lot of their screens and NO RUSH !! So, mailman, WHERE ARE YOU?? Amazon says my movie is out for delivery, yay ! :cheerleader: :yay: :yay:

• Like 1

2- I hate theaters

It ended up being the same here! The movie website said it would be here, but in reality they had Fantastic Beasts on a lot of their screens and NO RUSH !! So, mailman, WHERE ARE YOU?? Amazon says my movie is out for delivery, yay ! :cheerleader: :yay: :yay:

IT'S HERE !!! MY MOVIE JUST ARRIVED !! I'll be busy for the next 2 1/2 hours or whatever . . . .

• Like 3