I went out last night to see this. Don't often go out to the movies but figured some escape from reality would be good for me.

It was fun, decent, good, ok. Another good Marvel movie. Never really read the comic but enjoyed the movie. Worth seeing once - IMO. Sometimes I just feel that the Marvel movies would be so much better with less in them. Slow down a bit, tone them done a bit, a little less action and make the action less chaotic, for lack of a better word. Then they could be really good. Its was a fine movie overall. Not going to see it again however.

Saw it last night as well. I agree 100%. It was well in line with Marvel's movie formula. The style and characters made it go from a mindless blockbuster movie to a good movie. I kinda wish they'd stop with the massive boss fight setpiece at the end of every film. They don't always need one.

The reveal at the end made about Strange's relic me cringe since they were basically beating the audience with allusions to it the whole movie.

As much as I like nearly all of the MCU movies, I'd like to see a stripped down movie on someone like Shang-Chi. And there'd still be a way to have a cameo of other Marvel characters (I'd have Cage & Iron Fist) without it being overloaded with splash page images.

• Like 2

So those that've seen it...

Doc Strange is better than (x) but not as good as (y). It's on par with (z).

?

Better than all Marvel Movies (avengers,thor,ironman,Capt. Merica. Not better than Batman Begins thru Rises. On Par with Guardians of Galaxy

I'm usually against capeshit, but this looks good and I might want to even catch it in theaters.

I sat for a moment trying to figure out the word "capeshit"

Then I realized

... a Mr Not classic

I'm going Papeshit here!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03241/pope-naples-nuns_3241232k.jpg

• Like 2

?

Better than all Marvel Movies (avengers,thor,ironman,Capt. Merica. Not better than Batman Begins thru Rises. On Par with Guardians of Galaxy

Despite not having seen Doc Strange, I'd already disagree because I don't think Dark Knight Rises delivered. I'd put it at the bottom of all the movies you mentioned.

?

Despite not having seen Doc Strange, I'd already disagree because I don't think Dark Knight Rises delivered. I'd put it at the bottom of all the movies you mentioned.

If you can I'd recommend seeing in theatres. I'm not saying why, but I do recommend it.

IMO it's definitely better than most of the phase 1 movies (Avengers 1 is still fantastic IMO), ranks somewhere in the middle of phase 2 but I feel Guardians still ranks at the top of the Marvel movies.

Keep in mind that I rank these movies on how many times I'll rewatch them. As a result Civil War, Capn 2 and a few others actually don't rate that high in my book because they rely a bit too much on plot twist as opposed to character interactions and storytelling.

• Like 1

I'm usually against capeshit, but this looks good and I might want to even catch it in theaters.

I don't usually like super hero flicks, but I loved this one. So did the wife. As Tombstone noted in the OP, the effects are amazing. The story was enjoyable as well. All around the best Marvel/DC flick I've seen in a long time.
  • Like 2

?

If you can I'd recommend seeing in theatres. I'm not saying why, but I do recommend it.

IMO it's definitely better than most of the phase 1 movies (Avengers 1 is still fantastic IMO), ranks somewhere in the middle of phase 2 but I feel Guardians still ranks at the top of the Marvel movies.

Keep in mind that I rank these movies on how many times I'll rewatch them. As a result Civil War, Capn 2 and a few others actually don't rate that high in my book because they rely a bit too much on plot twist as opposed to character interactions and storytelling.

Avengers 1 is still probably my favorite of the MCU bunch. Guardians is way up there too. Probably top 3, at least top 5.

At the very bottom end of the MCU would be Iron Man 2. ----> Sam Rockwell garbage, Iron Man dancing, weak Iron Man vs War Machine brawl and weak use of him in general, waste of Black Widow, Whiplash seemed nothing like Whiplash, there's probably more but those are the ones that come to mind right away. I first thought it was tolerable but the second viewing made me dislike it. I'd probably give it a charity C-.

The capeshit comment is funny coming from a big time manga/anime One Piece fan.

What's a capes***?

• Like 1

What's a capes***?

Superhero films :blaze:

Oh, right. Gotcha. :D

• Like 1

What's a capes***?

Superhero films :blaze:

Oh, right. Gotcha. :D

In Dr. Stange´s case it makes sense, because he DOES wear a cape.

My wife and I watched it on Saturday, and LOVED IT!!! I think it´s way better than Thor 2 and Iron Man 3. A lot of references to Inception and Matrix in the special effects. And Benedict does a great American accent!!! A few funny bits between Strange and Wong were not scripted, but added by Benedict. And the main villain is not even Strange´s archrival Karl Mordo - I get that they´re saving this for the next film.

A tip for those of you who are yet to watch it: there are TWO "hidden" scenes after the credits, not just one as the previous Marvel movies. Marvel has found its formula and is sticking to it, and as much as i think it´s a bit repetitive sometimes, they´re miles and miles ahead of D.C. There will be TEN new Marvel movies in the next 03 years, and I´m looking forward to them.

• Like 2

By the way, has anyone noticed a connection here?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/28028/671597-tribunal_5.jpg

81Xf9D-0aYL._SL1300_.jpg

That Doc Strange issue preceded Floyd's Saucerful of Secrets by a year. The Living Tribunal character (seen there) is also in the top left of the album cover. Doc Strange was a trippy character back in the 60s and Pink Floyd then was a psychedelic, trippy band. Basically, Pink Floyd knew what they were doing with that image.

I haven't seen the movie (because it's not in this country yet) but should I expect some Pink Floyd on the soundtrack?

• Like 1

I just remembered the Defenders (the classic lineup of Doc Strange, Hulk, Nighthawk, etc. not the Netflix crew) comic book issue from '77 or so which was dedicated to "Geddy, Alex, and Neil of Rush" and featured lyrics from 2112.

Doc Strange/The Defenders mood lends itself to the atmosphere of that style of rock music. It makes sense. And it's probably a good reason why I have loved both for my entire life. It's no surprise (to me) that Rush and Pink Floyd are my two favorite bands.

It depends on where you check. I took this list from one of the sites I looked today:

Thor: Ragnarok

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Avengers: Infinity War

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Black Panther

Ant-Man and The Wasp

Avengers 4

Captain Marvel

May 1st, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie

July 10th, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie 2

November 6th 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie 3

It depends on where you check. I took this list from one of the sites I looked today:

Black Panther

Ant-Man and The Wasp

Avengers 4

Captain Marvel

The order of this one is off. That is, if it was intended to be in order.

Black Panther

Ant-Man and The Wasp

Avengers 4

Captain Marvel

The order of this one is off. That is, if it was intended to be in order.

The next 3 movies are Guardians 2, Spider-Man and Thor.

Then we've got Infinity War, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Avengers 4