Your favorite Rainbow album and song?

Texas King

First song that came to mind was Tarot Woman - I love that intro

But I'm going All Night Long .. I like Graham Bonnet

That keyboard intro is amazing. And the song is great.

Bonnet is a beast! Have you got his new album?? My copy arrived Saturday along with the new Glenn Hughes and I'll be giving them a spin later. I got the deluxe edition with a bonus disc featuring a bunch of re-recorded Bonnet stuff, Rainbow, MSG, Alcatrazz etc so that'll be interesting too. I'll probably just blast the new album disc initially though, I also need to listen to the new Testament album.

• Like 3

I could pick any of the first 3 albums with Dio, or the Bonnet one. I love each one. But I think at this minute I'm going to go with Long Live Rock 'n' Roll. Next week I'll probably change my mind.

As for song, the three I would mention are the ones that have already been mentioned, Stargazer, Gates of Babylon and Tarot Woman.

But I've also got a soft spot for The Temple of the King, from the debut, and Eyes of the World with Bonnet.

• Like 3

Album: Rising

Song(s): Stargazer (Tarot Woman and the live versions of Catch The Rainbow and Still I'm Sad)

• Like 4

Bonnet is a beast! Have you got his new album?? My copy arrived Saturday along with the new Glenn Hughes and I'll be giving them a spin later. I got the deluxe edition with a bonus disc featuring a bunch of re-recorded Bonnet stuff, Rainbow, MSG, Alcatrazz etc so that'll be interesting too. I'll probably just blast the new album disc initially though, I also need to listen to the new Testament album.

Graham is pushing 70 and he sounds as good as he ever did .. he's really amazing

I've got the new CD coming sometime this week

• Like 2

Graham is pushing 70 and he sounds as good as he ever did .. he's really amazing

I've got the new CD coming sometime this week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alsDqNGUbtc

I've got the new Glenn Hughes on now and it's really great! :haz:

• Like 2

I don't know, you can't beat the original Rainbow album in my eyes, although my favorite version of my favorite song isn't on it. I've always loved "Man on the Silver Mountain", but I prefer the live version; the one on the album sounds pretty tame after hearing it live. :)
  • Like 1

I agree about Rising and Stargazer. :haz:

Second for me though is Kill The King.

• Like 3