Biggest Takeway from "Time Stand Still"

zappafrank

Trump is the anti-Rush. Not much intelligence and no common sense to speak of and intolerance for immigrants here in America. Sorry, but anybody on this board that can still support this idiot, I have lost respect for.

Yes. How dare the great unwashed think differently than you. Stinking ignorant plebs.

So yeah the biggest takeaway is that it's all over. I could have done with out the Obama/Biden footage but yeah it's over.

Yet if they play live again, not a major tour but just play live again somewhere I won't feel this documentary is any less poignant.

It's actually Obama/Boehner but please keep arguing.

:eh:

Quote function, maybe?

This may help.

• Like 1

Inside the ATWAS album there's a "special thanks to.." List of people. Included in this list is "the bag". It's nice to finally put a "face" to the name lol!

Now if we could only figure out what exactly "Dead fly cookies" refers to (or maybe we don't want to know! :facepalm: )

What about Chivas Regal?

Well, Chivas is a whiskey, so I can understand that (must have been before Neil could afford The Macallan 18 yr.!) But dead fly cookies? mmmm, must have been good times on the road!

Neil drinks the Macallan 12 which to me is crap. You maybas well drink Chivas and save $20. The Macallan 15 is rhe best age for that particular still.

Finally got around to watching it last night.

Biggest thing I took was how lucky I've been, to see them the amount of times that I have, to have made the trips of a lifetime, the friends I've made(you know who you are), making memories. What a ride.

I was a blubbering wreck at the end.

• Like 1

Inside the ATWAS album there's a "special thanks to.." List of people. Included in this list is "the bag". It's nice to finally put a "face" to the name lol!

Now if we could only figure out what exactly "Dead fly cookies" refers to (or maybe we don't want to know! :facepalm: )

What about Chivas Regal?

Well, Chivas is a whiskey, so I can understand that (must have been before Neil could afford The Macallan 18 yr.!) But dead fly cookies? mmmm, must have been good times on the road!

Thanks. Not being a connoisseur and not being of age when I read those liners for the first time, I didn't know that.

I'd venture a guess that those Dead Fly Cookies were Alex's idea....

So yeah the biggest takeaway is that it's all over. I could have done with out the Obama/Biden footage but yeah it's over.

Yet if they play live again, not a major tour but just play live again somewhere I won't feel this documentary is any less poignant.

:eh:

Quote function, maybe?

This may help.

thx!

Finally got around to watching it last night.

Biggest thing I took was how lucky I've been, to see them the amount of times that I have, to have made the trips of a lifetime, the friends I've made(you know who you are), making memories. What a ride.

I was a blubbering wreck at the end.

I also just got around to watching it. I thought it was good an entertaining. I came away with a few thoughts:

1. Despite my selfishness of wanting to see them continue to make music, I think given the physical issues, and Geddy's voice, it is the right time to stop.

2. I continue to be amazed as what it takes to put a concert of this magnitude on.

3. Having never been a nostalgia act, an era of 70s rock band concerts is coming to an absolute close.

4. I got choked up only once.. near the end when they described Neil coming out front of stage, and then after walking off when Geddy and Alex walked off arms around shoulders. Wow.

Viva Rush.

• Like 5

Still havent found a way to watch this but mahbe I haven't tried hard enough. Maybe there is a reason for that but I agree if they do go now they went out on rheir own terms.

That rocks!!

Viva Rush indeed.

In the end, their end was exactly and precisely what I thought it would be. Going out on their own terms, going out with a little cleverness and style, not falling down a rung to a nostalgia act (not that there is a thing wrong with that, I respect groups that accept they draw far less people and tour nationally for the sake of their fans) and leaving their last little bit on the field. While occasionally cringe worthy the footage of the fans all expressing their appreciation for the band was touching, and we could all relate to how we feel they were always "our band." I was wrong in that they did announce it would be their last time out, I know that had to be tough for them, but wise to warn us so we could see them one last time (for those of us lucky enough to go).

Perfect (IMO).

• Like 2

I watched it again this afternoon and this time it kind of made me feel sad and depressed. Probably not a thing I'm going to watch very often.
  • Like 2

What about Chivas Regal?

Neil drinks the Macallan 12 which to me is crap. You maybas well drink Chivas and save $20. The Macallan 15 is rhe best age for that particular still.

I love the 18 year but at $200 a bottle I can't justify the expense.

No idea who she is but she is very cute lady with a lovely smile XXXX :blush:

Is she an artist or something? Modern art type of thing. That block with the holes in it and scabby ink all over it looks like the sort of thing people with money to burn would lay out a fortune for.

I am so sorry, I am a complete philistine when it comes to art. When I hear that a painting has been sold for $20 million I just think how much the money would save children in poverty and starvation from in Africa and Asia. I make no apology for that

Steve

I watched it again this afternoon and this time it kind of made me feel sad and depressed. Probably not a thing I'm going to watch very often.

Same for me and my wife. We have only watched it the one time. But the Presto footage we go back to a lot. Thankfully that was included so I don't feel like I wasted money on something I may not watch again.

• Like 1

Same for me and my wife. We have only watched it the one time. But the Presto footage we go back to a lot. Thankfully that was included so I don't feel like I wasted money on something I may not watch again.

An example that comes to mind would be someone you love leaving to move out of the country and you may never see them again. How many times would you want to re-experience that?

• Like 3

An example that comes to mind would be someone you love leaving to move out of the country and you may never see them again. How many times would you want to re-experience that?

Exactly.

• Like 2

I enjoyed this in a theatre packed with Rush fans. I almost bought the blu ray today, thinking how much I want my wife and friends to see it. But then I thought that it would just make me too sad to see it again, or over and over. Not sure I'm ready yet. It was powerful enough in a packed theatre.
  • Like 1

Love the Obama footage. I'm not a democrat, but I have a feeling people will be praying for Obama back down the road considering what is coming. I would love to hear all the Rush member's takes on what has transpired in America. I know Lee and Lifeson aren't happy. Not sure how Neil feels.

I don't give a fudge what two Canadians and a rich prick in Los Angels thinks. An Obama third term is underserved. It's time for real economic growth not more butt hurt Identity Politics.

Also time for a horribly insecure little man to demand the National Park Service recount how many people purportedly attended his inauguration and also to claim voter fraud to try to explain away the fact that he actually received fewer votes than the Snakewoman.

(note that I do NOT like her either thus my name for her, his is Bozo The Clown..........absolutely without a doubt THE worst choice for Prez in my years of voting which dates back to 1972)

Edited by driventotheedge

Love the Obama footage. I'm not a democrat, but I have a feeling people will be praying for Obama back down the road considering what is coming. I would love to hear all the Rush member's takes on what has transpired in America. I know Lee and Lifeson aren't happy. Not sure how Neil feels.

I don't give a fudge what two Canadians and a rich prick in Los Angels thinks. An Obama third term is underserved. It's time for real economic growth not more butt hurt Identity Politics.

Also time for a horribly insecure little man to demand the National Park Service recount how many people purportedly attended his inauguration and also to claim voter fraud to try to explain away the fact that he actually received fewer votes than the Snakewoman.

(note that I do NOT like her either thus my name for her, his is Bozo The Clown..........absolutely without a doubt THE worst choice for Prez in my years of voting which dates back to 1972)

I voted for Gary Johnson, unfortunately after his Aleppo moment he was TOST. Of the two remaining choices give anything other than a third Obama term but now Im repeating my self. CEO and union types are signaling approval thus far.

I voted for Gary Johnson, unfortunately after his Aleppo moment he was TOST. Of the two remaining choices give anything other than a third Obama term but now Im repeating my self. CEO and union types are signaling approval thus far.

"Tost" aside indeed.

I was fired up on GJ initially, but he turned out to be QUITE the disappointment. I voted for him anyway. Ugh.