Biggest Takeway from "Time Stand Still"

zappafrank

Not sure how Neil feels.

Peart's a longstanding Democrat and given his comments about Rand Paul in Rolling Stone I doubt that he's got time for Trump.

Actually the fact there's been no comment from him on the US election result is quite indicative of Neil's retrial from public life...

• Like 1

"Time Stand Still"' is okay. It's got good moments. Other moments could have been edited out. Edited by circumstantial tree

Love the Obama footage. I'm not a democrat, but I have a feeling people will be praying for Obama back down the road considering what is coming. I would love to hear all the Rush member's takes on what has transpired in America. I know Lee and Lifeson aren't happy. Not sure how Neil feels.

I don't give a fudge what two Canadians and a rich prick in Los Angels thinks. An Obama third term is underserved. It's time for real economic growth not more butt hurt Identity Politics.

It's time for an all time clown that doesn't take security briefings and discounts the entire intelligence community and fills his cabinet with wall street? Not to mention that he's a fascist and a misogynist and hired a former white supremacist as his right hand man. Talk about undeserved. He is already raping our country(much like his personal life) and he's not even in office yet. Wait until all those Trump voters lose their Medicaid and Social Security. You thought those seniors were angry at the rallies. Haven't seen anything yet.

Also, so glad Neil supports the Democratic side. With his reputation around here of being an asshole(mostly not true), I was afraid he went over to the dark side.

Edited by presto123
  • Like 3

Love the Obama footage. I'm not a democrat, but I have a feeling people will be praying for Obama back down the road considering what is coming. I would love to hear all the Rush member's takes on what has transpired in America. I know Lee and Lifeson aren't happy. Not sure how Neil feels.

I don't give a fudge what two Canadians and a rich prick in Los Angels thinks. An Obama third term is underserved. It's time for real economic growth not more butt hurt Identity Politics.

It's time for an all time clown that doesn't take security briefings and discounts the entire intelligence community and fills his cabinet with wall street? Not to mention that he's a fascist and a misogynist and hired a former white supremacist as his right hand man. Talk about undeserved. He is already raping our country(much like his personal life) and he's not even in office yet. Wait until all those Trump voters lose their Medicaid and Social Security. You thought those seniors were angry at the rallies. Haven't seen anything yet.

Also, so glad Neil supports the Democratic side. With his reputation around here of being an asshole(mostly not true), I was afraid he went over to the dark side.

Trump is a douchebag no doubt aboot it. Mike Pence is taking the daily intell brief, if something new comes up the Orangutan takes the brief. Is that how I'd do it, no but I like wonky briefs. Who are you going to tap for treasury secretary? A community college economics professor? No you pick someone who understands the system. All modern presidential cabinets are stock with wealthy successful people. Fascist, really? You got anything other than a buzz word. "Raping our country" you're drunk go to bed. Trump has campaigned to save Medicaid and Social Security without cuts, silly if you ask me but give the guy a chance. With Obama we got nothing but lost opportunity while he focused on pleasing young liberal victims.

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

Trump is a douchebag no doubt aboot it. Mike Pence is taking the daily intell brief, if something new comes up the Orangutan takes the brief. Is that how I'd do it, no but I like wonky briefs. Who are you going to tap for treasury secretary? A community college economics professor? No you pick someone who understands the system. All modern presidential cabinets are stock with wealthy successful people. Fascist, really? You got anything other than a buzz word. "Raping our country" you're drunk go to bed. Trump has campaigned to save Medicaid and Social Security without cuts, silly if you ask me but give the guy a chance. With Obama we got nothing but lost opportunity while he focused on pleasing young liberal victims.

The leftists are the fascists. Dare disagree with their enlightened world view and see what happens. They simply cannot understand how any of us would not think like they do. Our benign centralized techno-beaurocrat overlords regulating every aspect of our lives by fiat rather than an actual democratic process.

That should get this thread killed or moved.

• Like 3

Not sure how Neil feels.

As a cyclist who likes to go down into the central America region, I don't think he would be too keen about a "wall" being built (which is financially impossible anyway, for both us AND Mexico) plus his two best friends are Jewish, who some Trumptards think should be "gassed" so he probably voted Hillary, if he voted at all.

Don't worry, Trump will be impeached by 2018.

Edited by tony990
  • Like 2

That's mutual, Presto.

Take your politics to the appropriate forum. We're here to discuss music, not politics.

Fair enough. I'm also a huge Stephen King and Dean Koontz fan. I don't think I have to tell you King's thoughts on Trump.(check out his twitter)

Just because I enjoy an artist, doesn't mean I subscribe to every one of his/her philosophies. That's narrow-minded, wrongful thinking. smh
  • Like 1

"Time Stand Still"' is okay. It's got good moments. Other moments could have been edited out.

You mad cuz you weren't in this one?

;)

I do prefer BTLS (regardless of whether I'm in it or not) because it was more about the band, their progress, and their approach to music and album concepts. Plus it was chronological.

TSS is more about the tour and touring in general and I don't find that as interesting. I liked the fan interviews and I have met several of the people in them at RushCon. I think the Obama segment could have been left out because it has nothing to do with Rush or their final tour.

Please, keep the politics in the appropriate threads. I am quite certain that "my political point of view" is NOT the biggest takeaway from the Time Stand Still documentary.

I just watched it again ... the ending still chokes me up a little. I actually would not be surprised if the guys got together for a musical project (maybe few songs to be released for charity or something, or a few festival shows), but there seems to be little question that R40 was the last Rush tour.

• Like 2

Trump is the anti-Rush. Not much intelligence and no common sense to speak of and intolerance for immigrants here in America. Sorry, but anybody on this board that can still support this idiot, I have lost respect for.

Lol He only has a problem with illegal imagrants as everyone should. Nobody should be above the law.

As I watched TSS, I was struck by how lucky I was to have an older brother who shared his love of the band with me and how many people all over the world felt the same way.

I also attained my Rush apprenticeship through my big brother :) I bet most of us have

• Like 1

As I watched TSS, I was struck by how lucky I was to have an older brother who shared his love of the band with me and how many people all over the world felt the same way.

I also attained my Rush apprenticeship through my big brother :) I bet most of us have

That's certainly true for me. Thanks Pat!

• Like 1

I did, too.

• Like 1

Inside the ATWAS album there's a "special thanks to.." List of people. Included in this list is "the bag". It's nice to finally put a "face" to the name lol!
  • Like 1

Inside the ATWAS album there's a "special thanks to.." List of people. Included in this list is "the bag". It's nice to finally put a "face" to the name lol!

Now if we could only figure out what exactly "Dead fly cookies" refers to (or maybe we don't want to know! :facepalm: )

• Like 2

Now if we could only figure out what exactly "Dead fly cookies" refers to (or maybe we don't want to know! :facepalm: )

What about Chivas Regal?

What about Chivas Regal?

Well, Chivas is a whiskey, so I can understand that (must have been before Neil could afford The Macallan 18 yr.!) But dead fly cookies? mmmm, must have been good times on the road!