After "Time Stand Still": Do you think they'll play again?

zappafrank

The doc definitely conveyed more of a sense of finality than anything that previously has been said in the press and/or hinted at by anyone related to the band, BUT...

...there is still just a touch of vagueness in some of their comments. Lots of "IF it's the end," "last MAJOR tour," and so forth.

So, after having seen the documentary and gotten more insight from the band/crew themselves, do you still think there's a chance they'll ever play live again?

Also noticed that they were clear to separate recording entity vs touring entity. It's honestly nothing groundbreaking in terms of how they've presented things all along, but still heartening to hear that we might get more new music of some kind.

• Like 1

The doc definitely conveyed more of a sense of finality than anything that previously has been said in the press and/or hinted at by anyone related to the band, BUT...

...there is still just a touch of vagueness in some of their comments. Lots of "IF it's the end," "last MAJOR tour," and so forth.

So, after having seen the documentary and gotten more insight from the band/crew themselves, do you still think there's a chance they'll ever play live again?

Also noticed that they were clear to separate recording entity vs touring entity. It's honestly nothing groundbreaking in terms of how they've presented things all along, but still heartening to hear that we might get more new music of some kind.

I'm very doubtful.

If they do, then fantastic- for them and for anyone who gets to go (and yes, sure I'd go again, too).

I think Alex was the only one in the doc who reiterated 'last major tour'...but the way it was treated in the film, everyone knew that Neil is finished.

I can't really describe the emotions I have about the end of Rush- I mean, it affects me in ways that I can't articulate verbally; it's personal to me in a way that I can't describe. They were my first favorite band, 37 years ago, and they're still my favorite band. And they, or their music, has always been around for me. And the music that they gave us, everything that they gave us, it still will be around. But putting a past tense on all of it is a really hollow feeling.

All I can say is...thank you.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 6

As much as I love Rush, I truly hope they return and play at least 1 more tour (and make another record). But to be honest, I dont think the trio Rush will return. They are done.

Tho I think that Geddy will make another solo album, because it feels he got another 10 year in him.

• Like 2

RUSH IS DEAD! SEE "TIME STAND STILL!" NOT BUTS!

It seems lots of people on this forum like big buts...and they can not lie Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 3

No. He specifically contrasted his playing style versus Charlie watts' style and pointed out that one is possible at his advancing age and one isn't any more.

The Charlie Watts comment, in conjunction with the graphic of Watts on the screen that went with it, got some good laughs in the theater I was in.

It's important to note that despite all of the talk about the end, there is a good amount of humor through the whole film.

• Like 2

If you've seen the documentary and/or read Neil's book you know the answer to this is: NO. Geddy also specifically said Rush will not go on unless it is the three of them.

If you've seen the documentary and/or read Neil's book you know the answer to this is: NO. Geddy also specifically said Rush will not go on unless it is the three of them.

I saw the doc last night, and I do think we're going to see them out there again. Ray clearly believes there's money left on the table. And I don't think Neil is ready to say "never" for the rest of his life. 63 isn't THAT old.

Rush is over.

No more albums, no more shows.

As Rush.

Unless Neil has an about face/change of heart.....it's over. I am very at peace with this myself. I don't think Geddy is though.....at least not yet. I think Geddy will start writing and look to get out a solo project in the very near future.

I think Alex will play golf, drink, eat and be merry and do some farting around. But he is content and happy.

Geddy is still in working musician mode even after 40 plus years. He still loves it and wants to keep going in some capacity.

That was the crystal clear message I took away from last night's farewell dcoumentary.

• Like 5

Do I think Rush will play again? No. But I do believe that Alex and Geddy might do something together.

Why shouldn´t they? Find a drummer, call themselves Shush, put an album out and hit the road with a mix of Rush songs, Geddy´s solo stuff, one or two Victor tracks and the new album. I´d pay to see that,whatever they play!

Rush is over.

No more albums, no more shows.

As Rush.

Unless Neil has an about face/change of heart.....it's over. I am very at peace with this myself. I don't think Geddy is though.....at least not yet. I think Geddy will start writing and look to get out a solo project in the very near future.

I think Alex will play golf, drink, eat and be merry and do some farting around. But he is content and happy.

Geddy is still in working musician mode even after 40 plus years. He still loves it and wants to keep going in some capacity.

That was the crystal clear message I took away from last night's farewell dcoumentary.

Spot on...and I haven´t even seen Time Stand Still.

Don't think someone can walk away from a craft to spend time with his family and never be seen again?????????????

Google: Rick Moranis

• Like 3

Don't think someone can walk away from a craft to spend time with his family and never be seen again?????????????

Dig a little deeper and you'll find that it was because he was a single parent and felt it was too hard to work and be a parent. Also, he admitted he hasn't really retired but just became more selective. (He wisely declined a cameo in the Ghostbusters reboot).

He put out a comedy album 2-3 years ago so he's not totally out of showbiz.

• Like 2

Dig a little deeper and you'll find that it was because he was a single parent and felt it was too hard to work and be a parent. Also, he admitted he hasn't really retired but just became more selective. (He wisely declined a cameo in the Ghostbusters reboot).

He put out a comedy album 2-3 years ago so he's not totally out of showbiz.

I´d do it if I could afford it. These days, all the recognition I could want comes from my roles as father and husband. I could go without working easily.

I haven't seen it yet, but from what I am hearing, no. Believe me that it pains me to accept that, but Rush is done. Geddy and Alex are definitely not done, but no Neil means no Rush. Edited by catherine