Drones

Dweezil

I have no idea, but I have a friend who has a drone that he takes pictures with. Pretty cool.

They are much more affordable now and I've seen a facebook friend's video footage and it's great for places you can't reach and different height perspective. He spent a lot of dosh on his over a year ago though. I'm worried about rain (yay English weather) and wind damaging it.

Cleveland pitcher leaves playoff game due to drone injury

I'm not sure if "drone" has appeared on a major league injury report before, but one of the flying machines has had an impact on an MLB ALCS playoff game. No one was injured by a drone at the ballpark in an Inglesias-like incident, but Cleveland pitcher Trevor Bauer cut his throwing hand on Friday and required stitches ahead of a scheduled start in game two of the team's series against Toronto. He healed enough to start tonight in game three, but the cut re-opened during the first inning and he had to leave early.

Trevor Bauer sliced his finger on Friday, and the cut reopened before the end of the 1st inning.

Cleveland pitcher leaves playoff game due to drone injury

Trevor Bauer sliced his finger on Friday, and the cut reopened before the end of the 1st inning.

I'm not sure if "drone" has appeared on a major league injury report before, but one of the flying machines has had an impact on an MLB ALCS playoff game. No one was injured by a drone at the ballpark in an Inglesias-like incident, but Cleveland pitcher Trevor Bauer cut his throwing hand on Friday and required stitches ahead of a scheduled start in game two of the team's series against Toronto. He healed enough to start tonight in game three, but the cut re-opened during the first inning and he had to leave early.

18ALCS2-master675.jpg

We have a DJI Phantom Advanced, and it's an amazing product. The prices on these have come down and are pretty affordable on sites like Amazon.

Word of advice...no matter what you get, make sure you order a second set of "props" and a second battery.

Things to keep in mind: Make sure the quadcopter you buy will work with your viewing device (phone, tablet), Check the features on each very carefully because they differ between models, Make sure it has a "return home" feature.

Here's a comparison chart on the DJI: http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom

• Like 2

We made this video a few months ago at Lake Powell, in Arizona/Utah with the DJI Phantom Advanced.

Just started learning to fly it a week before. Pretty amateur, but still cool. (watch in HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EDqfQEfy_g

They have them for $735 now on Amazon.

Edited by launchpad67a
  • Like 1