Green Day

Permanent-Rush

Anyone else like them here? They are one of my all time favs and I might be able to go see them live!!

My top 10(I have not heard all of the albums, so this is just a list for now):

Hitching A Ride

Platypus(I Hate You)

The Grouch

Longview

American Idiot

Give Me Novocaine

Take Back

Prosthetic Head

Welcome To Paradise

Basket Case

Edited by GotNeilPeart?
  • Like 3

Love Green Day. New album is good, though with some flaws, but they're the kind of flaws I think will pretty much go away live, so I'd love to see them live. Not sure I could do a top ten, or rank my fav albums from them either. I do have a particular soft spot for Nimrod though.
  • Like 2

Love Green Day. New album is good, though with some flaws, but they're the kind of flaws I think will pretty much go away live, so I'd love to see them live. Not sure I could do a top ten, or rank my fav albums from them either. I do have a particular soft spot for Nimrod though.

Nimrod is my favorite right now!! I have it on CD and I love it a lot!!

• Like 1

I have it on vinyl but it currently in my dorm at college (I'm home on fall break) as one of the 20 something records I decided we're worthy enough to bring along with me, if that says anything.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

I have it on vinyl but it currently in my dorm at college (I'm home on fall break) as one of the 20 something records I decided we're worthy enough to bring along with me, if that says anything.

Oh nice!! It says a lot!!

• Like 1

I will avoid and let this thread be. Enjoy! ;)

This band was born about 45 minutes away from where I live.

Could really give a shit. Never understood how such a shitty band could get so huge. Oh well I guess it happens.

I absolutely can't stand this horrible pseudo punk liberal band from the Bay Area.

Their attempt at the "concept album" makes me want to hurl.

An embarrassment to the music industry.

Will probably get in the Cock N Roll Hall Of Shame too.

There is no justice in rock and roll.

• Like 4

Green Day went into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2015.

Their 1st year on the ballot

Moments until RushHead666's head explodes....3....2......1.... :rage: :bang bang: :fuckinputer: :blah: :blaze:

• Like 1

Apparently part of why they're so huge is due to Hot Topic's marketing of the "American Idiot" merch. Kids thought it was cool to wear, spread like wildfire from there, word of mouth... I remember songs from the American Idiot album always being on the radio during that time.

I like a few songs of theirs, but the majority of it is garbage.

Tried listening to full albums of theirs once and I decided to abort the mission each and every time (even for the older records of theirs which are said to be much better)

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

Could really give a shit. Never understood how such a shitty band could get so huge. Oh well I guess it happens.

I absolutely can't stand this horrible pseudo punk liberal band from the Bay Area.

McDonald's I tell you!!! McDonald's!!!! Happy Meal with plastic toy to choke on if the burger doesn't choke you first!

Bite my lips and close my eyes take me away to Mickey D's!

• Like 2

Green Day went into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2015.

Their 1st year on the ballot

Moments until RushHead666's head explodes....3....2......1.... :rage: :bang bang: :fuckinputer: :blah: :blaze:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That is hilarious buddy! Man!! I guess that's just proof in the pudding! I just didn't give a shit! IT FIGURES!!

The good news is that I am not that mad!

I was lucky enough to see Rush get inducted in Los Angeles!!!

I was there man! My EX is in the video for three seconds! You can see her by the RUSH TAPESTRY!

CLASSIC!

FUCKK GREEN LAME!

McDonald's I tell you!!! McDonald's!!!! Happy Meal with plastic toy to choke on if the burger doesn't choke you first!

Bite my lips and close my eyes take me away to Mickey D's!

Greedy Day is like the Hamburgler! They stole every riff ever made and are still making millions of dollars in profit!! FUKK MCDONALD'S!! DON'T EAT FAST FOOD IT WILL KILL YOU!!!!

DON'T LISTEN TO GREEN DAY MUSIC!!! IT WILL ROT YOUR BRAIN LIKE LISTENING TO THE CROOK HILLARY CLINTON ON LSD!!!!!

I heard a rumor that Paul McCartney was on LSD when he crashed his car in 1966 and died on impact.

Wait!

WRONG THREAD!

Guess I'm an AMERICAN IDIOT!!!!

Glad I didn't know that Billy Armweak and his two fruits got in to the Hall Of Shame.

Figures first ballot.

Meanwhile it took RUSH how many fuckking years??????

MARILLION SHOULD GET IN!!!!

LOL!

NEVER!

Apparently part of why they're so huge is due to Hot Topic's marketing of the "American Idiot" merch. Kids thought it was cool to wear, spread like wildfire from there, word of mouth... I remember songs from the American Idiot album always being on the radio during that time.

I like a few songs of theirs, but the majority of it is garbage.

Tried listening to full albums of theirs once and I decided to abort the mission each and every time (even for the older records of theirs which are said to be much better)

I would rather listen to chainsaws cutting off my ears than this tripe!!!

I mean really?

Perhaps rock and roll is dead.

Now that RUSH is defunct all I read on here is how great:

GREEN DAY IS.

NIGHTFUCKKINGWISH

LACK CUNNA COIL!!!!

COLDPLAY!

"THIS WORLD IS TOTALY FUGAZI!!!"

Have fun millennials with your new world order of shite music to pimp and pump down the weak minded.

Symphonic Chick Rock with a Pop Theatrical Edge is pure shit.

I feel sorry for the youth of today.

VOTE FOR HILLARY TOO!

WE ARE ALL DOOMED!

GREEN DAY = LIBERAL POP!!!

LOVE IT!!

BILLY ARMSTRONG FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!

I'M SOLD!!!!

"LOVE IS A FIST!"

Signed,

MR. BUNGLE

• Like 1

Anyone else like them here? They are one of my all time favs and I might be able to go see them live!!

Hitching A Ride

Platypus(I Hate You)

The Grouch

Longview

American Idiot

Give Me Novocaine

Take Back

Prosthetic Head

Welcome To Paradise

Basket Case

You love Neil Peart yet you love Green Day?

This is a SAD DAY.

Dookie broke them big a decade before American Idiot and has sold ten million copies in the US. They didn't need Hot Topic to become huge because they were already.

Yeah, American Idiot and especially Boulevard Of Broken Dreams were played non stop when that album came out.

They're one of those bands where I don't mind the singles but have never had any desire to hear their albums. I guess it's because for the most part they just sound like your standard, run of the mill punk band with nothing special to their sound.

• Like 1

Hitching A Ride

Platypus(I Hate You)

The Grouch

Longview

American Idiot

Give Me Novocaine

Take Back

Prosthetic Head

Welcome To Paradise

Basket Case

You love Neil Peart yet you love Green Day?

This is a SAD DAY.

You love Steel Panther. So, you really can't talk shit about anything someone else listens to.

• Like 2

Dookie broke them big a decade before American Idiot and has sold ten million copies in the US. They didn't need Hot Topic to become huge because they were already.

Yeah, American Idiot and especially Boulevard Of Broken Dreams were played non stop when that album came out.

They're one of those bands where I don't mind the singles but have never had any desire to hear their albums. I guess it's because for the most part they just sound like your standard, run of the mill punk band with nothing special to their sound.

Yup, Dookie was huge. The Hot Topic stuff came later.

Agree with the run of the mill stuff comment.

Ah well, they're laughing all the way to the bank.

You know we can blame Hot Topic and other things for American Idiots success. Easy to do so if you think it's overrated.

But let me tell you...back in 2004/05 no other rock band released an album that sent shock waves through the high school corridors and to this day I know many people who are strongly connected to the music, the lyrics, the message and it is an important and excellent album.

Just because it sold millions and your favourite band sold tens doesn't make them unworthy. That was an incredible album and it was for millions a gateway into the world of rock and roll.

The music sold that album. Not the logo. Not even the bands past works. That album has a power too it that I have seen for myself enriched many people's lives. Same goes for My Chemical Romances The Black Parade.

Two outstanding modern rock albums, hated by many who hate on anything the kids love.

• Like 3

It's the kind of hate bands can get by members here who don't prefer them that made me title my Queen thread the way I did back when I made it so long ago. Now I realize a lot of you really have a lot against Green Day, but it seems like the OP was more looking for folks who actually like them a lot as she does, and would probably prefer to discuss them with others who like them a lot. So then wouldn't it make more sense to leave your negative comments for a "let's bash Green Day" thread, or even the RRHOF thread?

I for one think Green Day are much better than Nirvana and are easily one of the best bands since the nineties. There's a video of them playing with U2 at the reopening of the football stadium of the Saints in New Orleans (forgive me, I'm not very knowledgeable in how to talk about sports) after Hurrican Katrina. They open with Wake Me Up When September Ends, which just sounds epic, then they go into House Of The Rising Son for a minute before charging to a little known song called The Saints Are Coming (which subsequently became the anthem of the football team) and ending on the most powerful rendition of Beautiful Day I've heard. The whole thing reminded me of the sheer power of the right music at the right time in the right place to connect with an audience and transcend its label as simple art. Just from the YouTube video, I could feel a fraction of the pure hope, joy, relief, and outpouring of emotion that must've taken place on that day for the city of New Orleans. If Green Day can be a part of that, if they can have that kind of effect on people, they have to be one of the great bands of all time, top 50 at least.

EDIT: incorrect pronoun

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

It's the kind of hate bands can get by members here who don't prefer them that made me title my Queen thread the way I did back when I made it so long ago. Now I realize a lot of you really have a lot against Green Day, but it seems like the OP was more looking for folks who actually like them a lot as he does, and would probably prefer to discuss them with others who like them a lot. So then wouldn't it make more sense to leave your negative comments for a "let's bash Green Day" thread, or even the RRHOF thread?

I for one think Green Day are much better than Nirvana and are easily one of the best bands since the nineties. There's a video of them playing with U2 at the reopening of the football stadium of the Saints in New Orleans (forgive me, I'm not very knowledgeable in how to talk about sports) after Hurrican Katrina. They open with Wake Me Up When September Ends, which just sounds epic, then they go into House Of The Rising Son for a minute before charging to a little known song called The Saints Are Coming (which subsequently became the anthem of the football team) and ending on the most powerful rendition of Beautiful Day I've heard. The whole thing reminded me of the sheer power of the right music at the right time in the right place to connect with an audience and transcend its label as simple art. Just from the YouTube video, I could feel a fraction of the pure hope, joy, relief, and outpouring of emotion that must've taken place on that day for the city of New Orleans. If Green Day can be a part of that, if they can have that kind of effect on people, they have to be one of the great bands of all time, top 50 at least.

I agree.

I feel bad about my reaction to Queen...I think it was in your thread

• Like 1

It's the kind of hate bands can get by members here who don't prefer them that made me title my Queen thread the way I did back when I made it so long ago. Now I realize a lot of you really have a lot against Green Day, but it seems like the OP was more looking for folks who actually like them a lot as he does, and would probably prefer to discuss them with others who like them a lot. So then wouldn't it make more sense to leave your negative comments for a "let's bash Green Day" thread, or even the RRHOF thread?

I agree.

It's fine. I'm still glad we got you to take another chance on them. You ended up digging the first album quite a bit if I recall.

I agree.

It's fine. I'm still glad we got you to take another chance on them. You ended up digging the first album quite a bit if I recall.

First four plus Innuendo haha

• Like 1

I agree.

First four plus Innuendo haha

ANATO grew on you?! :D