rush: Time Stand Still Blu Ray Content

bscsmkr

There are no subtitles. Only audio options are 5.1 or stereo--no alternate languages. That's for a regular US release purchased through Amazon. No idea if European versions or other continents have any other options.

Thank you so much for the information ! I'll be waiting for the Brazilian release (i hope will be soon) or make a search for another version around the world.

I saw the doc tonight for the first time. It was like reliving the year 2015, from the moment we first read those words ("last major tour of this magnitude") until the night of August 1st, and the feeling of inevitability that grew more intense each day along the way. Condensed into 90 minutes for us to fondly reminisce (but also suffer through) again and again.

The ending credits - wow! I was doing ok up till then, but that was just brutal. I might've gone for trying to finish on a slightly more uplifting note myself, but if the intention was rawness, they certainly succeeded.

Being one of the folks at the Rushcon that Saturday, riding over on the school buses (which seemed so ridiculous to me at the time, but I now look back on as oddly perfect), carrying in one of those light-up starman sticks, that footage really brought back all the emotions I experienced on that incredibly amazing day. It's nice to have that particular film segment as a souvenir. And the footage of the guys backstage at The Forum - before and after the show - was really fascinating to watch.

I'm really surprised they didn't have a segment about the making of the RTB rap film, especially with one of the participants being the narrator. That clip was one of the more clever things they've done for a backing film and it always got practically the biggest response at every show. Plus it would've added humor, which I honestly thought this doc could've used a little more of.

Virtually reliving the tour like that also reminded me of how much fun it was to watch so many of the shows live with fellow forum members here. Some nights we really had to suffer through poor quality footage, but that ended up being secondary to the fact that we were able to do it *together*. That was definitely one of the things that made R40 even more extra special for me. :)

It was a fitting finale for a one-of-a-kind band.

Very well said. I agree totally. I didn't think about the RTBs video but at first I wondered why they didn't go into more detail than they did about which songs they chose but then realized they were making the documentary about themselves not specifically about the music itself. So it made more sense. Also I don't know why they always have to bring up that "Rush fans tend to be geeky, and socially inept" thing againnnnn. :P

• Like 2

Very well said. I agree totally. I didn't think about the RTBs video but at first I wondered why they didn't go into more detail than they did about which songs they chose but then realized they were making the documentary about themselves not specifically about the music itself. So it made more sense. Also I don't know why they always have to bring up that "Rush fans tend to be geeky, and socially inept" thing againnnnn. :P

My biggest disappointment with the content is that there were no outtakes besides Neil's drum warmup. Surely there was a lot more footage filmed that wasn't used, possibly hours of it. BTLS contained a lot of extras as I recall. Don't they understand we geeky, socially inept Rush fans could spend an entire weekend watching this stuff? :P

And wouldn't actual video of "The Bag" performing in 74-75 be a holy grail! They should've filmed Alex doing a recreation of the whole routine.

Watched it last night (Got it at Best Buy for $21.49....should have set it up to ring up at $21.12...THAT would have messed with fans! hahaha! )

anyway... Good stuff...Wish it was longer, though, you can only imagine how much footage was probably taken and edited down?

Wondering how many concerts were filmed like that and shelved for various reasons?

(and yeah...I totally miss Media Play! used to go there and spend HOURS!) (and a lot of cash)