Greatest Spielberg-directed Movie?

JohnnyBlaze

Best Steven Spielberg Film  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Spielberg-directed film?

• Duel
    • The Sugarland Express
    • Jaws
    • Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • E.T.
    • Twilight Zone: The Movie
    • The Color Purple
    • Empire of the Sun
    • Jurassic Park
    • Schindler's List
    • Amistad
    • Saving Private Ryan
    • A.I.
    • Munich
    • Lincoln
    • Bridge of Spies
    • The BFG
    • ((other))

I've seen 8 of those, and I wanted to vote for two of them, so I've put the vote in for Jaws, with Duel right behind it.

What are the other 6? There are tons of good movies in that list. Get on it!

The other 6 I've seen:

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Jurassic Park

Schlindler's List

Saving Private Ryan

A.I.

Color Purple and Empire of the Sun are pretty good dramas. And E.T. is such a classic that I think you should watch it just out of principle alone. But as a kind of barometer, all 3 are definitely better than A.I. but none of those are better than Raiders or Jaws imho.

I feel odd as I rank Raiders quote low...

Like...I would struggle to put it above War Of The Worlds.

I preferred The Thin Red Line to Saving Private Ryan.

:yes: Much more to think about.

Why? Because Malick is more artsy fartsy?

Good grief no...I don't like anything else of his...but The Thin Red Line is one of my favourite movies. I didn't enjoy any of the drama in Ryan. Amazing scenes but I found it all a bit predictable.

I preferred The Thin Red Line to Saving Private Ryan.

:yes: Much more to think about.

Why? Because Malick is more artsy fartsy?

Good grief no...I don't like anything else of his...but The Thin Red Line is one of my favourite movies. I didn't enjoy any of the drama in Ryan. Amazing scenes but I found it all a bit predictable.

From Malick, I've only seen Thin Red Line.

But I'd like to see this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_of_Time

Yeah yeah Spielberg's got some duds and let downs but there are a lot of modern classics in here.

I intentionally wanted less than 20 options and included all his biggest hits + omitted sequels and those I didn't think would be voted for.

How about it?

Hey JB!

I'm watching Nightmare Before Christmas tonight!

Going to Disneyland alone on Halloween! CAN'T WAIT!!

NO WIFE NO KIDS!!

NO COMPLAINING TIRED GIRLFRIEND!!!

LOL!

My favorite day in my favorite park!!!

JAWS IS OBVIOUS!

RAIDERS a close second!!

GO OAKLAND I MEAN LAS VEGAS RAIDERS!!!

I'm going on TOWER OF TERROR!!!! They are closing it Jan 2nd for a Guardians Of The Galaxy! PURE SHITE!

I'm so torn about Disneyland.

I loved it as a little boy in the Seventies.

But now they buy up everything and destroy Walt's vision.

Fuckking Jack Sparrow in "Pirates" is a disgrace.

Tearing down their last parcel to build STAR WARS PARK. it's not even close to TOMORROWLAND!

Now MARVEL CON MICKEYMOUSE is taking over Californialand?

Love it!

No hope!

Sorry!

I love the Indiana Jones ride so that's why I wen off on another topic.

"Close Encounters" a nice third option.

• Like 2

Yeah yeah Spielberg's got some duds and let downs but there are a lot of modern classics in here.

I intentionally wanted less than 20 options and included all his biggest hits + omitted sequels and those I didn't think would be voted for.

How about it?

Hey JB!

NO WIFE NO KIDS!!

LOL!

JAWS IS OBVIOUS!

RAIDERS a close second!!

I'm going on TOWER OF TERROR!!!! They are closing it Jan 2nd for a Guardians Of The Galaxy! PURE SHITE!

Tearing down their last parcel to build STAR WARS PARK. it's not even close to TOMORROWLAND!

Love it!

No hope!

Sorry!

I agree and disagree with your post.

Or as you'd say, I'm blessed and I'm cursed.

Sparrow in Pirates ride IS dick.

But GotG replacing ToT is NOT balls. ToT is from a non-Disney tv show so why not use something else that's popular. And fantastical. I like ToT but I'd love to get on GotG. Besides, the ToT out here at DisneySea (the 2nd Disney park next to TokyoDisney) surely won't be replaced anytime soon. A little trivia: ToT at DisneySea is NOT inspired from Twilight Zone like Disneyland Cali's. Japanese don't know what the hell Twilight Zone is so though the attraction's engineering is the same, the storyline isn't.

I'd hate to see Tomorrowland go. I'm ok with building all they want but Tomorrowland needs to stay. Hell, It's A Small World won't die so Tomorrowland shouldn't either.

• Like 1

Some Private Ryan inside scoop stuff here:

(The title is an exaggeration but there are quite a few things in the article that I didn't know)

http://www.tickld.co...aign=sprmimment

Edward Norton was offered the role of Private Ryan, but opted to star in American History X instead.

So, instead of playing an American WWII soldier fighting Nazis, he played an American neo-Nazi. TRAITOR!

• Like 1

How about it?

Hey JB!

NO WIFE NO KIDS!!

LOL!

JAWS IS OBVIOUS!

RAIDERS a close second!!

Love it!

No hope!

Sorry!

I agree and disagree with your post.

Or as you'd say, I'm blessed and I'm cursed.

Sparrow in Pirates ride IS dick.

But GotG replacing ToT is NOT balls. ToT is from a non-Disney tv show so why not use something else that's popular. And fantastical. I like ToT but I'd love to get on GotG. Besides, the ToT out here at DisneySea (the 2nd Disney park next to TokyoDisney) surely won't be replaced anytime soon. A little trivia: ToT at DisneySea is NOT inspired from Twilight Zone like Disneyland Cali's. Japanese don't know what the hell Twilight Zone is so though the attraction's engineering is the same, the storyline isn't.

I'd hate to see Tomorrowland go. I'm ok with building all they want but Tomorrowland needs to stay. Hell, It's A Small World won't die so Tomorrowland shouldn't either.

TOT was the original ride in Orlando so Californa Adventure simply copied it. What they should have done to make more of an original attraction to the California Adventure park is to re-theme it from the Twilight Zone to Hotel California, complete with the Eagles soundtrack and creepy lyrics. I like the broken down hotel elevator concept and I don;t know how they're going to integrate a Guardians of the Galaxy theme. It reminds me of renaming a sports arena every time some big corporation pays for their name to be on it.

I don't like it when they try to capitalize from movie fame just to take advantage of name recognition. Hyperspace Mountain is just as lame as Space Mountain was; changing the name didn't do anything for it. I fully agree that they should keep Tomorrowland as Tomorrowland and build another arm of the park for Star Wars. (which is what they're doing).

I voted for Saving Private Ryan. One of the greatest movies ever made.

You can't go wrong voting for Jaw or Raiders either. Both are epic! :haz:

I Voted for Close Encounters of the Third Kind...as much as I love Jaws, and Raider of the Lost Ark, in terms of awe inspiring, Close Encounters wins hands down. I love that movie!

You're alien, so of course you're voting for Close Encounters. ;)

What they should have done to make more of an original attraction to the California Adventure park is to re-theme it from the Twilight Zone to Hotel California, complete with the Eagles soundtrack and creepy lyrics.

That gives me a cool idea. If I only had a gazillion dollars to bring it to fruition.

A rock theme park where every attraction is inspired by a rock song. It could even have different lands in it like Disneyland does. Progressive Rockland, Acid Rockland, Alternative Rockland, Punk Rockland, and Grungeland.

I voted for Close Encounters because it is pitch perfect at every point, but I cold have easily voted for Jaws, Private Ryan, Raiders and Schindler's List as well.
  • Like 1

Rewatched Saving Private Ryan today.

It blew me away. I must have been in the wrong frame of mind the first time...

Easily second for me.

I loved War of The Worlds and if nothing else it should have been included in this poll!

I'm going with Jaws

• Like 2

I loved War of The Worlds and if nothing else it should have been included in this poll!

I'm going with Jaws

Yes. War of the Worlds is a damn good movie.

One of my favourite movies growing up! It lead to me reading the novel and becoming obsessed with victoriana science fiction, the fifties movie and the Orston Welles radio broadcast.

And it also just happens to be one of the most amazing to look at action films I have ever seen! The first half an hour, on its own, is one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

So glad I am not alone. It doesn't end as well as I'd like to be honest but all the same, I adore this movie.

• Like 1

I'm going with Jaws

Yes. War of the Worlds is a damn good movie.

One of my favourite movies growing up! It lead to me reading the novel and becoming obsessed with victoriana science fiction, the fifties movie and the Orston Welles radio broadcast.

And it also just happens to be one of the most amazing to look at action films I have ever seen! The first half an hour, on its own, is one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

So glad I am not alone. It doesn't end as well as I'd like to be honest but all the same, I adore this movie.

Not only do I think the movie is very entertaining, some of it was filmed where I grew up. Good o'l Staten Island.

• Like 1