Greatest Spielberg-directed Movie?

JohnnyBlaze

Best Steven Spielberg Film  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Spielberg-directed film?

• Duel
    • The Sugarland Express
    • Jaws
    • Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • E.T.
    • Twilight Zone: The Movie
    • The Color Purple
    • Empire of the Sun
    • Jurassic Park
    • Schindler's List
    • Amistad
    • Saving Private Ryan
    • A.I.
    • Munich
    • Lincoln
    • Bridge of Spies
    • The BFG
    • ((other))

Saving Private Ryan is the Gold Standard. He won Best Director for it, and he should have also won Best Picture.
  • Like 2

I've seen 8 of those, and I wanted to vote for two of them, so I've put the vote in for Jaws, with Duel right behind it.

I was going to say Duel or Private Ryan.

I will never forget how I felt leaving the theater after watching Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time. A perfect cinematic experience. Pure escapism and entertainment.

Pretty fun movie, for sure. A huge deal when it came out. I suppose being able to see the shadow of a bouncing block of stone and the reflection of a snake in a dividing glass window is more a case of poor editing. :LOL:

I will never forget how I felt leaving the theater after watching Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time. A perfect cinematic experience. Pure escapism and entertainment.

Pretty fun movie, for sure. A huge deal when it came out. I suppose being able to see the shadow of a bouncing block of stone and the reflection of a snake in a dividing glass window is more a case of poor editing. :LOL:

You can find those kind of continuity mistakes in every movie ever made! After watching a movie a dozen times spotting that stuff adds to the fun. It's only a movie, after all. :yes:

My all time favourite movie is Schindler's List.

But following that, I adore:

Jaws (10/10)

ET (8/10)

Raiders (8/10)

Temple Of Doom (9/10)

Last Crusade (8/10)

Jurassic Park (8/10)

The Lost World (7/10)

Minority Report (9/10)

War Of The Worlds (8/10)

War Horse (9/10)

Empire Of The Sun (9/10)

Artificial Intelligence (9/10)

I have seen pretty much all his films...honestly outside of these in don't enjoy anything else. I preferred The Thin Red Line to Saving Private Ryan (but to each their own...).

Edited by Segue Myles

Jaws (10/10)

ET (8/10)

Raiders (8/10)

Temple Of Doom (9/10)

Last Crusade (8/10)

Jurassic Park (8/10)

The Lost World (7/10)

Minority Report (9/10)

War Of The Worlds (8/10)

War Horse (9/10)

Empire Of The Sun (9/10)

I have seen pretty much all his films...honestly outside of these in don't enjoy anything else. I preferred The Thin Red Line to Saving Private Ryan (but to each their own...).

Thin Red Line over SPR I can understand though disagree. But Temple over Raiders and Last Crusade?!! That's just crazy talk. :LOL:

Jaws (10/10)

ET (8/10)

Raiders (8/10)

Temple Of Doom (9/10)

Last Crusade (8/10)

Jurassic Park (8/10)

The Lost World (7/10)

Minority Report (9/10)

War Of The Worlds (8/10)

War Horse (9/10)

Empire Of The Sun (9/10)

Thin Red Line over SPR I can understand though disagree. But Temple over Raiders and Last Crusade?!! That's just crazy talk. :LOL:

I've always loved Temple the most. It feels the most genuine to me. It's silly and shameless and makes no pretence to be anything other than pulpy fun, just like Boys Own adventure stories used to be back in my dad's day (I grew up on those old stories...sure today they are offensive but they were also a tonne of fun!).

This movie just rules.

Never found Raiders to be as great as others think. It's my third placed Indy film, with Crusade second (and Skull never existed, you get me?).

Jaws (10/10)

ET (8/10)

Raiders (8/10)

Temple Of Doom (9/10)

Last Crusade (8/10)

Jurassic Park (8/10)

The Lost World (7/10)

Minority Report (9/10)

War Of The Worlds (8/10)

War Horse (9/10)

Empire Of The Sun (9/10)

I've always loved Temple the most. It feels the most genuine to me. It's silly and shameless and makes no pretence to be anything other than pulpy fun, just like Boys Own adventure stories used to be back in my dad's day (I grew up on those old stories...sure today they are offensive but they were also a tonne of fun!).

This movie just rules.

Never found Raiders to be as great as others think. It's my third placed Indy film, with Crusade second (and Skull never existed, you get me?).

Yes yes Skull is an abomination.

I'd rank the Indy movies Raiders (A+) > Crusade (A, Connery helps) > Temple (A-). You can see I love all 3 actually.

• Like 2

Jaws (10/10)

ET (8/10)

Raiders (8/10)

Temple Of Doom (9/10)

Last Crusade (8/10)

Jurassic Park (8/10)

The Lost World (7/10)

Minority Report (9/10)

War Of The Worlds (8/10)

War Horse (9/10)

Empire Of The Sun (9/10)

This movie just rules.

Yes yes Skull is an abomination.

I'd rank the Indy movies Raiders (A+) > Crusade (A, Connery helps) > Temple (A-). You can see I love all 3 actually.

I'd rank them the same way with similar grades, but I don't dislike Crystal Skull as much as you guys. When it came out though...oh boy, the alien shit pissed me off. :LOL:

I think there's half of a decent movie there though. Maybe like a 6/10, whereas Raiders and Crusade are 10s and Temple is a 9.

I do believe his most under-rated film is Empire of the Sun. It's still the only movie that moves me to tears and that's frikin hard to do. How in the world Christian Bale was nominated for his performance is beyond comprehension.

I Voted for Close Encounters of the Third Kind...as much as I love Jaws, and Raider of the Lost Ark, in terms of awe inspiring, Close Encounters wins hands down. I love that movie!
  • Like 1

I've seen 8 of those, and I wanted to vote for two of them, so I've put the vote in for Jaws, with Duel right behind it.

What are the other 6? There are tons of good movies in that list. Get on it!

The other 6 I've seen:

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Jurassic Park

Schlindler's List

Saving Private Ryan

A.I.