Wonder if we will see the rest of the TFE footage 1997?

nicky6

I hope that what we got in the r40 box set. isn't all we are gonna get. I'am hoping they will put out the rest soon.. and not make us wait 13 years.. That was some great footage. We need the whole show. Still can't believe they left out dreamline..
  • Like 4

I think I asked about that a while back. Seems to me that I remember being told that's all they had from that concert. I could be wrong though. I'll see if I can find the thread.

I agree that it's a great show, and I also wish we had the whole thing.

Edit: Maybe it is in this thread http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/95471-who-was-at-the-molson-amphitheater-june-30-1997/page__hl__%2Bmolson+%2Bamphitheater+%2Bjune+%2B1997 I don't have time to read through it right now to check.

Edited by Lorraine

I feel like if they had more, we would've seen it. I don't recall where, but I remember reading somewhere that the stuff we got is all they were able to save from that night.
  • Like 1

I wish we had an official release of a pro-shot and recorded RTB and/or Counterparts tour show. And the full shows, not the edited down to an hour '80s videos like Exit and GUP and ASOH. Edited by jnoble

I wish we had an official release of a pro-shot and recorded RTB and/or Counterparts tour show. And the full shows, not the edited down to an hour '80s videos like Exit and GUP and ASOH.

I *thought* that the whole GUP show had been found, but at that time they were waiting for the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD war to get sorted out first.

Edit: It would be nice to see the whole TFE show if it is available. I wonder if eventually the audio archive will be opened up and those concerts put up for sale like Metallica has done as of late.

Edited by 78jazz

I wish we had an official release of a pro-shot and recorded RTB and/or Counterparts tour show. And the full shows, not the edited down to an hour '80s videos like Exit and GUP and ASOH.

I *thought* that the whole GUP show had been found, but at that time they were waiting for the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD war to get sorted out first.

Edit: It would be nice to see the whole TFE show if it is available. I wonder if eventually the audio archive will be opened up and those concerts put up for sale like Metallica has done as of late.

Never heard that, but that was the first time any real planning went into a live recording so maybe it got buried somewhere.

Love to have TFE show.I thought Rush were at their 'technology' set in this best and Geddy's voice was still great and Alex's guitar sound the same.Of course nothing beats the so called golden era but that's another story.
  • Like 2

Sorry to bring up this old thread but I just saw 3 more songs from this show on YouTube that aren’t included on the R40 disc... Animate, Resist and Natural Science. Not to mention the Closer To The Heart video from Different Stages that likely came from this show. I’m thinking they just released songs that weren’t represented on other DVD releases along with one regular classic (Limelight).

So, has there been any update on maybe the full show being released?

I may be uninformed on this, but wasn't the GUP tour video all of the existing footage? Was more found to exist that just isn't in public circulation?

I am often surprised at how seldom YOUTUBE is mentioned in TRF, so much amazing content, some great Rush nuggets.

And don't be sorry to revive old threads, a great way for newer members to share in the history of the forums :)

I may be uninformed on this, but wasn't the GUP tour video all of the existing footage? Was more found to exist that just isn't in public circulation?

I tried to do a Google search to find the interview, but no dice.

I do seem to remember an interview where someone (I want to say Alex but I am not sure) had said that all of the footage had been found and they were waiting for the Blu-Ray/HD war to settle before release. I think this same interview confirmed that no other outstanding ESL footage exists.

Sorry to bring up this old thread but I just saw 3 more songs from this show on YouTube that aren’t included on the R40 disc... Animate, Resist and Natural Science. Not to mention the Closer To The Heart video from Different Stages that likely came from this show. I’m thinking they just released songs that weren’t represented on other DVD releases along with one regular classic (Limelight).

For the record, the three tracks you identified- “Animate”, “Resist”, and “Natural Science”- are indeed on the “R40 Completist” disc, within the R40 blu-ray version of the release. See the packaging/contents list here:

https://progarchy.com/2014/12/19/review-rush-r40-the-completistocd-set/

• Like 1

You found Closer To The Heart from the Echo Tour? Could you please link it?

Sorry, let me clarify.... The Closer to The Heart video released for the Different Stages album (where they mix in older footage), when compared to the audience camcorder CTTH from Molson Amphitheater, it appears to be the exact same show. So, I’d personally add that to the other official Molson ‘97 footage.

Edited by Gemari77
  • Like 2

For the record, the three tracks you identified- “Animate”, “Resist”, and “Natural Science”- are indeed on the “R40 Completist” disc, within the R40 blu-ray version of the release. See the packaging/contents list here:

https://progarchy.com/2014/12/19/review-rush-r40-the-completistocd-set/

Amazing!! Wish I was aware of that before I bought the standard version. As you can tell, the ‘97 footage is my major interest. I’m a 90’s Rush fanatic and this was the first tour I attended.

I tried to do a Google search to find the interview, but no dice.

I do seem to remember an interview where someone (I want to say Alex but I am not sure) had said that all of the footage had been found and they were waiting for the Blu-Ray/HD war to settle before release. I think this same interview confirmed that no other outstanding ESL footage exists.

Is that the ubiquitous Doug Maher interview with the director from R30?

Sorry, let me clarify.... The Closer to The Heart video released for the Different Stages album (where they mix in older footage), when compared to the audience camcorder CTTH from Molson Amphitheater, it appears to be the exact same show. So, I’d personally add that to the other official Molson ‘97 footage.

That version of Closer To The Heart has never officially been released. It used to be played quite a bit on VH1 Classic when they did Rush specials. As has been said those other Test For Echo Tour songs on You Tube are from the bonus discs of R40.

Thanks for the links. I had seen the "official" video before but not the audience filmed one. Nice to see the whole video of Closer To The Heart from Different Stages even tho it was a low quality audience filming. It's awesome to see them when they stand next to each other and just jam. They did not do that so much sadly. They mostly played as the studio version was. This is by far my favorite version of the song!

I forgot to mention this last time I was here but I have the full audio bootleg called "Stolen Signals: or "An Evening With Rush" depending on which version you have, and it's the complete Molson 97 show from June 30th. I'd be happy to send a link through dropbox or something. It's a scanner source which means it was recorded from the inner ear monitor of either Alex or Geddy, so the audio is a bit strange sounding at first, but the quality is excellent. Edited by TheGhostRider