Rush new documentary

rugen

Coming this fall this new doc of the band on their latest tour, when you thought you won't have anything on the band for Christmas other than Neil's book.

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/201610/3826.f.jpg

• Like 10

Hope they show this at a theater near me. I may have to check it out. As far as Neil's book goes I'll pass on that. I have plenty of sleeping aids already...
  • Like 6

Hope they show this at a theater near me. I may have to check it out. As far as Neil's book goes I'll pass on that. I have plenty of sleeping aids already...

That's funny too. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Narps is on a roll today! :cheers:

:LOL: Thanks my friend...
  • Like 1

I'm hoping it gets released a bit early so I can decide if it's worth the big screen.

Of course, I've been seeing Rush on the big screen since Rush In Rio so unless it's totally underwhelming I'll likely keep the streak alive.

This is excellent news!!!!! I can't wait to see and own this documentary!!!!! :popcorn: :rush: :ebert: :clap: :cheers: :cheerleader: :banana: And I'd better not have to work on the night of Nov. 3rd!!!!! :( :| :boohoo:
  • Like 1

I went to the Clockwork Angels tour theater showing. Unfortunately the audio in the theater was sub-par...still was a fun experience with the big screen.

That wasn't the theatre, it was a poor quality data stream being sent to the theatre. Many people in many places had that same problem, and large numbers of refunds were given by pissed-off theatres. Fathom Events is notorious in the industry for doing a shitty job. There was a Fathom screening for the premiere of a film I worked on a few years ago, and the sound was okay (it helped that it wasn't, you know, a MUSIC film), but they completely dropped the ball on the promotions they had promised, and the turnout was very poor. My first reaction to the news of this screening was "Wow, I hope Fathom doesn't f**k this one up like they did the last one!"

At the core of the event are Rush’s devoted fans.

Personal stories highlight the importance Rush holds in their lives and the lasting impressions of their extensive catalog.

Umm......I don't remember Rush interviewing Tombstone Mountain

or Lucas...or Johnny Blaze...or ME....Or ANYONE on TRF???

Sounds like a scam

• Like 6

Personal stories highlight the importance Rush holds in their lives and the lasting impressions of their extensive catalog.

Sounds like a scam

Hopefully one forum member has made the final cut. She's been interviewed for about 30 mins so I really hope to see her in this documentary :) (And no it wasn't me).

• Like 2

Sounds like a scam

Hopefully one forum member has made the final cut. She's been interviewed for about 30 mins so I really hope to see her in this documentary :) (And no it wasn't me).

Oh, I hope it wasn't that girl who wears the white dress and leaves in her hair.

• Like 3

Sounds like a scam

Oh, I hope it wasn't that girl who wears the white dress and leaves in her hair.

I'll second that . . .

• Like 1

Anyone recognize the woman crying in the trailer? I know I bawled at times in LA; hope they didn't catch that on camera!

That looked like one of the organizers of RushCon whose name is Jillian. Not sure if it's her though.
  • Like 1

I hope the fan interviews and comments by other musicians are kept to a minimum and not the majority of the doc. That stuff's nice for filling out the story, but I want to see and hear the guys! Hopefully there were cameras rolling at the time they had their initial discussions about a concept for the show, debating potential setlists, rehearsals, coming up with the landmarks that were in each city's opening film, etc. It would also be cool if it included a short clip from *every* show (like Iron Maiden's Flight 666 tour documentary) instead of only focusing on the end in L.A. Hopefully if that stuff exists, it'll at least appear in the extras of the home release! Edited by TexMike
  • Like 6

Sounds like a scam

I'll second that . . .

I know her, and happen to like her. A book and its cover, or something like that...

• Like 1

Sounds like a scam

I'll second that . . .

I know her, and happen to like her. A book and its cover, or something like that...

Fair enough. Sounds like you are a good friend, TH.

• Like 1