Rush: Time Stand Still Coming to Theaters November 3rd

EagleMoon

Yeah, Time Stand Still's one of their worst. The music video especially.

Honestly, i'm happy Rush ended the way they did, instead of endless "greatest hits" tours like certain other bands (The Rolling Stones, The Who)

Time Stand Still is the best song they have done!!

I love the video also!!

No.

Stop.

Evidently I missed this thread all day yesterday...really looking forward to it!

The theater that will show it is only about four miles from my house, so I'm all in.

• Like 1

Luckily it's due to show in a theater near me, although I'll end up awkwardly sitting alone because I don't know any other Rush fans around here, but then again that's probably the situation for a lot of us, right!? Just me? Okay...

I feel the same...I'll be interested to see who else might be in the theater. I anticipate it being just me; anybody else who might be there would be a nice surprise, and a bonus- just to know that there is anyone else where I live who would bother to go see it in the theater, for the one-night-only event.

• Like 2

Luckily it's due to show in a theater near me, although I'll end up awkwardly sitting alone because I don't know any other Rush fans around here, but then again that's probably the situation for a lot of us, right!? Just me? Okay...

I feel the same...I'll be interested to see who else might be in the theater. I anticipate it being just me; anybody else who might be there would be a nice surprise, and a bonus- just to know that there is anyone else where I live who would bother to go see it in the theater, for the one-night-only event.

• Like 1

yeah loved Time Stand Still and the video too is just much more advanced and mature Rush you had to think deep to get it or you'd think was just pop rubbish and the band had been too infected by the other stuff going around those days.

Having said that HYF only rush album that sounds a little dated to me now, maybe just overplayed it at the time, when it finally sunk in with me was a revelation just the best Rush ever.

• Like 1

I can't speak for x1yyz, but I don't think just saying "No" is picking on you. If she didn't say it, I was going to, to say "no" to the idea that "Time Stand Still" is Rush's best song and video. My opinion only, but I'm not a big fan of that one.

It is picking on me.

I used to say No a lot.

No, it is not picking on you. It is simply replying to you the way that you've replied to hundreds of other posts. If you want to be treated like an adult, Cassidy, then you have to start acting like one and stop complaining every time someone says something you don't like.

Wait a minute. How do you know my name? I never really told anyone.

I can't speak for x1yyz, but I don't think just saying "No" is picking on you. If she didn't say it, I was going to, to say "no" to the idea that "Time Stand Still" is Rush's best song and video. My opinion only, but I'm not a big fan of that one.

It is picking on me.

I used to say No a lot.

No, it is not picking on you. It is simply replying to you the way that you've replied to hundreds of other posts. If you want to be treated like an adult, Cassidy, then you have to start acting like one and stop complaining every time someone says something you don't like.

I don't know where x1yyz got it from. I noticed it on one of your art pieces somewhere.

It is picking on me.

I used to say No a lot.

I don't know where x1yyz got it from. I noticed it on one of your art pieces somewhere.

That's where I got it from - you had posted it yourself.

• Like 1

It is picking on me.

I used to say No a lot.

Jeez, stop trying to create drama where there is none. As they explain, YOU carelessly allowed them to know your name.

• Like 2

I'm sad that they named this video after (imo) their worst song (and video), and their only song that was not sung entirely by Geddy. It's going to have to be extra good to overcome that. :|
  • Like 2

I'm sad that they named this video after (imo) their worst song (and video), and their only song that was not sung entirely by Geddy. It's going to have to be extra good to overcome that. :|

I look at it this way. Regardless whether you like the song or not, it's a good choice. Why? Because it's a song the general public will recognize. It's perfect for the title to cover their career. It's not called The Spirit of Radio. ;)

• Like 2

Of course I love being the hypocrite.

Thanks Rush Forum!

Just bought two tickets to see the film.

I saw Beyond The Lighted Stage in the theater.

I had to keep the tradition alive.

Heck I even saw "RUSH IN RIO" in the theater.

The Trifecta.

Hey Earl, are you going to the showing in Walnut Creek? I was thinking of going to that one, and dragging Mike along.

• Like 1

It is picking on me.

I used to say No a lot.

That's where I got it from - you had posted it yourself.

:LOL:

But I wish the paranoia scene went for a bit longer

:LOL:

I look at it this way. Regardless whether you like the song or not, it's a good choice. Why? Because it's a song the general public will recognize. It's perfect for the title to cover their career. It's not called The Spirit of Radio. ;)

Recognize?? Or do you mean identify with? I'll lay $100 down right now that if you went to 100 random people in the street and played the song to them you wouldn't get more than 5 people who recognized the actual song.

It's an apt title for something that is probably the end of them - Time Stand Still.

What other song have they done that conveys the same message? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any other apt song titles.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

It's an apt title for something that is probably the end of them - Time Stand Still.

What other song have they done that conveys the same message? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any other apt song titles.

A Farewell to Kings would be both depressing and self-congratulatory! (Assuming they had any say in what the title would be)

• Like 1

Rush is not done!!