Rush: Time Stand Still Coming to Theaters November 3rd

EagleMoon

Went and re-checked the website and Oldsmar isn't as far away as I thought. This documentary seems really cool and it comes into theaters right after my dad's birthday. We went to the Tampa concert together so seeing this in theaters together would be awesome. And if for some reason we can't go, I can always get it if it comes out on DVD.

But, I'm excited about this! :D

The oldsmar theater is nice. I caught the last rush fathom event at citrus park mall which is a little closer to home.

• Like 1

It's too bad it's just one night, though I'm sure it'll be released on disc just in time for the holidays. :)

I like it better as a one night event. Just like a concert that way. I hope it's long on documentary and short on music.

• Like 4

This must be the documentary that was promised us some months ago. It will be released on video at the end of the year; they did the same thing with the Clockwork Angels video, where they first had a one-night theatrical release.

I think they have been doing them in the theater since Rush In Rio. although one or two were skipped. I don't think they did R40 (which was just as well.) or Snakes and Arrows. I have to check the ticket stubs.

I doubt I'll see it in the theater, since nights out are tough to come by, and I already have tix for meshuggah with high on fire two nights later. I'll get it on BluRay, though.

I have Brand X the Saturday before ,Marillion the Sunday after and Carl Palmer a week after that.

You only live once I guess.

• Like 1

One Night only? Seriously? Couldn't they do what Ozzy did with his documentary and have it out for a few weeks?

There's no chance it's coming out here but if it were I'd definitely want it more than one night. Maybe they think there'd be fewer DVD/Blu-Ray sales if it's out for a few weeks?

One Night only? Seriously? Couldn't they do what Ozzy did with his documentary and have it out for a few weeks?

Why?

There's no need for it to be in a theater at all.(It's not supposed to be in theaters like that Beatles doc.)

Everyone who wants it will have it within days of it being in the theater or whenever it gets released anyway. It's just a $20 cool thing to do.

Yeah, Time Stand Still's one of their worst. The music video especially.

Honestly, i'm happy Rush ended the way they did, instead of endless "greatest hits" tours like certain other bands (The Rolling Stones, The Who)

What are you talking about. I cant wait to see The Who perform "Tommy" on their 2017 tour.
  • Like 1

Honestly, i'm happy Rush ended the way they did, instead of endless "greatest hits" tours like certain other bands (The Rolling Stones, The Who)

What are you talking about. I cant wait to see The Who perform "Tommy" on their 2017 tour.

There final tour is this year.

The Who will continue to tour until people start saying "who?" and don't actually mean it as a joke.

• Like 2

The Who will continue to tour until people start saying "who?" and don't actually mean it as a joke.

The Who will tour long after Pete and Roger are gone.

They are like Kiss with interchangeable parts now

I bought into that in 1982. Bought tickets because it was their "Farewell" tour. It was an excellent concert and they were with Jethro Tull so it was actually a very awesome day, but after that I would never say never about any rock group touring, etc. again. After all, we were all told Keith Richards would probably have a short life back then . . . . . :P :P

• Like 1

I bought into that in 1982. Bought tickets because it was their "Farewell" tour. It was an excellent concert and they were with Jethro Tull so it was actually a very awesome day, but after that I would never say never about any rock group touring, etc. again. After all, we were all told Keith Richards would probably have a short life back then . . . . . :P :P

Keith Richards has been a mummy for the last three decades. So yeah, he actually did have a short life. :P

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Keith Richards has been a mummy for the last three decades. So yeah, he actually did have a short life. :P

Aww, I actually like KR and his playing, but yeah, it's kind of like only his eyes move while the rest of him is just there . . . . . :LOL:

• Like 1

Luckily it's due to show in a theater near me, although I'll end up awkwardly sitting alone because I don't know any other Rush fans around here, but then again that's probably the situation for a lot of us, right!? Just me? Okay...

I think I live a few hours away from you.

:LOL:

I can't speak for x1yyz, but I don't think just saying "No" is picking on you. If she didn't say it, I was going to, to say "no" to the idea that "Time Stand Still" is Rush's best song and video. My opinion only, but I'm not a big fan of that one.

It is picking on me.

I used to say No a lot.

No, it is not picking on you. It is simply replying to you the way that you've replied to hundreds of other posts. If you want to be treated like an adult, Cassidy, then you have to start acting like one and stop complaining every time someone says something you don't like.

• Like 1

Of course I love being the hypocrite.

Thanks Rush Forum!

Just bought two tickets to see the film.

I saw Beyond The Lighted Stage in the theater.

I had to keep the tradition alive.

Heck I even saw "RUSH IN RIO" in the theater.

The Trifecta.

• Like 1

I can't speak for x1yyz, but I don't think just saying "No" is picking on you. If she didn't say it, I was going to, to say "no" to the idea that "Time Stand Still" is Rush's best song and video. My opinion only, but I'm not a big fan of that one.

It is picking on me.

I used to say No a lot.

No, it is not picking on you. It is simply replying to you the way that you've replied to hundreds of other posts. If you want to be treated like an adult, Cassidy, then you have to start acting like one and stop complaining every time someone says something you don't like.

On a related note, if anyone's been picked on in recent times it's fraroc. But that dude seems impervious to such stuff, a good sport really.

• Like 1

Time Stand Still is the best song they have done!!

I love the video also!!

No.

Why are you saying no? Are you trying to pick on me again? :(

Young people are extremely welcome on this forum. Babies not so much.

• Like 3